The Wire

TRU GI Joe 50th Anniversary Products Become A Shared Exclusive Plus A Look At The Packaging

I will definitely be picking up the Eagle's Edge set, I'll even be able to sell off that Hawk. I wonder if these will have file cards? Doubt it...

Where's the Lady Jaye/Baroness set?

Looking forward to this and I'm glad the price is decent.

The Snow Job/ BAT pack is missing too. That's the one I wanted most. I'm still going to pre-order the 2packs and that sweet Vamp set.

Ugh. When will Hasbro realize that just because it's a HEAT Viper, that doesn't mean he has something to do with fire? You'd think the company that made these figures would at least know that the HEAT Viper is an anti-tank trooper. I just remember getting so tired explaining that to my friends as a kid. Everyone thought he carried a big flamethrower. I guess the missles were just for decoration. I know it's me being nitpicky, but it does bug me. I do like the figure, and almost all of the offerings. I'm super happy that I might have a chance to get my hands on Low Light and Night Viper, although the cynic in me believes scalpers will scoop these up like they did the singles and put them up on the 'bay. We'll see.

I'm still baffeled by some of their choices, but at least the packaging looks great.

Even if that heat viper was a fav (and it's not) and they understood it wasn't a flame thrower, I couldn't buy it with that standard blowtorch, I haven't bought him a single time and I have no intention of doing so. If it's khaki and green like the unproduced variant/ original concept colors, I would be all about it, Heck I'd even take green and Gold in JVC colors before this bright figure that's already been released twice!

Like the packaging. The vehcile boxsets seem to be somewhat inspired by the early 1990's line(Not quite, but I do see shades of it). I do think the Blowtorch in that 2 pack should of been the variant Brown Suit/"Realistic Colour" verison that either got a very limited release or never came out during the POC line.

Kinda good for those who don't live near a TRU(Or those who don't want to go to a TRU for whatever reason) that this is now a Online Shared Exclusive. At least you have another option to get any items you want. Also, some comic book stores and collector based toy stores may order these as well(But prepare to pay a bit more if they do). Of course, it would be better if it was available in regular retail, but what can you do. I'm just hoping that TRU Canada will order these.

Was wondering: For the Destro in that 3 pack, does anyone known if it's based on the Concept Vault Destro shown at a Joecon a year or 2 ago, or not? I liked how that Concept Vault Destro's head looked more like a helment/metal mask similar to the orginial Destro toy(Thanks to the angled looking design on the head), so I wouldn't mind getting this set for that Destro. Makes it a little different from the 25th Anniversary and onwards Destro heads(Which all pretty much had a smooth head done to match the skin type like masked used in the cartoons. Or the Nanomite infused head from the Rise Of Cobra movie). Plus, I don't have a Leatherhead, and I don't have the POC Hawk(Which I will probably use as a Green Shirt Joe, instead of General Hawk, because the single carded 25th Anniversary Hawk is still my default Hawk figure. A good modern Soilder figure all around).

I sure would like to get that Low-Light set...I completely missed-out on the POC one.

That does look like the concept vault Destro.

Check your local comic shops too, these might be available to order through them if you missed out on BBTS.

well the Pre-order for the LowLight/NV are sold out.....that's nothing new....I bit down on a the LL/NV-Heatviper/BT pack just cause I know (broken record) those'll be harder n' hell to find round here....for as "unpopular" as Joes are, they sure do empty out quicker than Beyblades......