More DC Collectibles 6" Bruce Timm Inspired Batman Animated Figures Revealed

The Wire

I've never been a big Batman collector... picked up the odd figure here and there, but these actually have me excited.

I remmber how much of an impact the Animated Series was back in the 90s, and these get me all nostalgic. Depending on what the finsihed product looks like there are a bunch of characters I'm keen on from the first few years of the series. Starting with Manbat! In fact if he wasn't announced so early, I might have passed on the line. Now I will be picking up Catwoman, at least, from wave one. Gonna try to hold out for BTAS Bats though.

Since, as several people on other forums tend to forget, this is NOT a DCAU line, rather a line based solely on the two Batman series, I'm hoping it DOES extend to "Special Guest Heroes" like Jonah Hex and Zatanna from 'The Animated Series and Entrigan, Creeper, and especially Supergirl from The New Adventures.

Sweet its happening..I made this suggestion about the JLU a while back and people jumped on me for it.But the question is will these be stores or will I have to do the online thing

I'm sure they'll hit the comic and specialty stores, but if you're serious about collecting these I'd bite the bullet and go online.

I might have too

DCC solicitations are out, and the Batman figures are with them, along with their official size. Knowing DCC's hard-on for making their 6" scale figures maddeningly just out of scale with the Mattel lines, the actual size was really the last potential sticking point I had.

No more.

According to the solicitations:

Batman = 6.25"

Catwoman = 5.5"

Mr. Freeze = 6.75"

Two-Face = 6" (Maybe it's just because big ol' Richard Moll voiced him, but I always pictured Harvey being a lot bigger.

So, for the most part, these will be smaller than most DCUC, but surprisingly fit perfectly with DC Total Heroes. Considering the para-animated style of that line, an in-scale animated Bat-Line just got a whole other dimension of cool.

I remember when I first saw Batman TAS. These figures bring me back to it big time. Nostalgia hit. My son loves em. Heck, he even had me pick up some second hand DVD's of TAS so he could see what it was like. I'm thinking this set will be really cool. Just hope they ship in time for Christmas, cause otherwise it's gonna be a pain. My wishlist (and my son's) is simple. Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Man-Bat, Robin, and Catwoman!

closed fists Joker doesnt do it for me.

You know, I didn't notice that till just now. I'm kind of disappointed with Ivy's hands to. Hands that can't "hold" seem odd considering one of the selling points of this line is that each figure will come with a load of episode specific accessories.