Talk about Captain America The Winter Soldier here

yojoebro82

Yep, I liked it a lot too.

There were many good scenes, one of my favorites was the Arnim Zola encounter. The action throughout the movie was great....I liked the development of Steve's various relationships (Falcon, Black Widow, old lady Carter) Instead of going through item by item, however, I think I'll just say that this is what I've come to expect every time I walk into a Marvel movie. I walk in pretty sure that I'm going to like it and come out not disappointed. This film was no exception.

Saw it today, loved every minute of it so many good things in it, anyone else caught the Dr. Strange reference?

I definitely noticed that, I can't wait until the next time I see it to see what names I missed.

LOVED it!! The only thing I wish was different was more WS himself, since its a movie titled after him. I love how the handled his turn at the end. Well we know its a turn to the good side but the casual person is left wondering what is next for his character. Bravo Marvel!!

Draven

After the movie was over, my fiance pointed out a "plot hole". She said that since Black Widow's hair was curly in the scene where she cleaned up in Falcons house, there's no way it could become perfectly straight again in the next scene unless Falcon had a hair straightener. Ummmm...yeah, so I guess the movie has THAT going against it :rolleyes: She just texted me today and said her coworker noticed the same thing. Who pays attention to that???

I will say that this is the last time I go to a 3D movie. My plan was to see 2D but it was sold out a good hour in advance. The 3D one still had seats, however and I had two free theater tickets burning a hole in my pocket for the last 6 months. If it weren't for that I'd have likely come back another time. There wasn't one time where I said to myself, "Woah, that really pops out at you." and a lot of the movie was dark and muddy. Just like the other two movies I've seen in 3D. The whole 3D fad is a boarder line scam.

But again, the movie itself was amazing.

I was also wondering....if SHIELD disbanded, what becomes the the TV show?

They've been teasing about that for a couple of days now, apparently the next couple of episodes are gonna address the events of Captain America WS and how it affects Coulson's dysfunctional gang.

i'm hoping to watch it this weekend! it's good to hear such + reviews.

slightly off topic, but did they show the new TMNT trailer with this movie? if so, was it the same as what has been seen on youtube?

Loved the movie. Great film, ect, ect, ect. However, something has been bothering me about it. (this is the smallest of nits, but something my inner nerd needs clarity on) How can Zola be part of WS creation? I get that he was experimented on in Cap 1, but Zola was captured when Bucky fell. Yet the film shows Zola with Bucky when he awakes. Also, they do show a Russian finding Buck and he has the red star on his arm, yet Zola is there too. So how does shield, Russia, hydra, and Zola fit into Bucky's creation?

The film states that Zola became part of shield in the 70's making it impossible for WS to be active for 60 years considering he was captured the same day Bucky fell. Am I missing something or is there some definite continuity issues going on?

Im guessing Hydra got him out of prison right after Cap 1 with their connections and he was back with them in Russia messing with Bucky. Then he defected to the US in the 70's to shield.

Draven

I was also wondering....if SHIELD disbanded, what becomes the the TV show?

Still filling in the gaps from the movie.

Spoiler............

Fury is still alive.

That and the show improved, leave it to the greatness of Captain America 2 to make Agents of SHIELD watchable.

I actually liked Cap 2.

Necessary character development scenes! Stuff that got shoved out before the Avengers.

Samuel L Jackson got to be a person again!

ScarJo is unnecessary, but bearable.

And Cap goes back to wearing his original suit...the one that's looked best on screen thus far.

I actually liked Cap 2.

Necessary character development scenes! Stuff that got shoved out before the Avengers.

Samuel L Jackson got to be a person again!

ScarJo is unnecessary, but bearable.

And Cap goes back to wearing his original suit...the one that's looked best on screen thus far.

Hell has frozen over, lol Just Kidding. I actually agree with you about Black Widow and it ties with one of my gripes about the movie: they didn't include the Winter Soldier/ Black Widow romance. I thought that was the reason for her inclusion when it didn't happen I sort of thought her appearance was unnecessary beyond Avengers appeal and star power; they could have given more time to Agent 13 and Falcon.

The movie was also the right blend of serious and comedic... the stakes were high, but it never got dark knight drab, and the usual level of forced marvel movie humor was toned down and applied appropriately.

I would recommend this one... one of marvels best. I was on a comic movie high afterwards... and then I gave Thor 2 a try on dvd: big mistake. So much for that buzz... one step forward, two steps back.

You and I must have a different definition of "forced humor". When I think of forced humor, I think John Malkovic, Spike's parents, or Korean lunatic from Transformers 3. Not every joke from every Marvel movie may be your cup of tea, but surely the Marvel humor is not on that level.

Yes, Cap 2 could have gotten along fine without Black Widow. As mentioned, you could have traded her for more screen time for Falcon or Sharon Carter. At least here being there makes sense and it's not completely from left field. Still a great movie.

You and I must have a different definition of "forced humor". When I think of forced humor, I think John Malkovic, Spike's parents, or Korean lunatic from Transformers 3. Not every joke from every Marvel movie may be your cup of tea, but surely the Marvel humor is not on that level.

Yeah, about half to three-quarters of the time it seems like some people define "forced humor" as any attempt at humor in their "I'm-serious-this-is-seriously-serious" comic book movies, especially if they personally don't find it all that funny.

The fact that Marvel movies even have a sense of humor is part of what sets them apart and helps make them excellent entertainment. Yeah, you can still have excellent entertainment and be dour and grim (see: Dark Knight Trilogy), but Marvel isn't trying to make a whole stable of Batman-esque films. They're trying to make movies that are entertaining in a fun way.

Yeah, about half to three-quarters of the time it seems like some people define "forced humor" as any attempt at humor in their "I'm-serious-this-is-seriously-serious" comic book movies, especially if they personally don't find it all that funny. Not every character needs a bit, not everything needs to be tell instead of show.

The fact that Marvel movies even have a sense of humor is part of what sets them apart and helps make them excellent entertainment. Yeah, you can still have excellent entertainment and be dour and grim (see: Dark Knight Trilogy), but Marvel isn't trying to make a whole stable of Batman-esque films. They're trying to make movies that are entertaining in a fun way.

Im well aware that Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci didnt write these movies....or David Goyer.

I just feel there is a lack of organic/natural comedy and more "hit the brakes-wouldnt it be funny if?" It's an action/adventure movie...if the script, characters, and the performers are strong and can stick to showing instead of telling, the humor should come naturally from deflation of tension.

"They're trying to make movies that are entertaining in a fun way." - that's a bit redundant, but goes well with what im saying about humor...they are trying, maybe just too hard. Did you guys miss the part where I said I watched Thor 2? Is that how we're supposed to gauge comedy for action adventure movies that aren't action-adventure comedies? LOW:robot testicles/pot brownies to HIGH: 1 broke girl and Skarsgard's underwear?

You want to know what the funniest part of Cap 2 was? A Gary Shandling cameo...and he's not making funny, just being there is funny.

anyway...anyone else notice the narrator of the Smithsonian exhibit on Cap was Gary Sinise? Man, he would have made a great Nick Fury.

1 broke girl and Skarsgard's underwear?

anyway...anyone else notice the narrator of the Smithsonian exhibit on Cap was Gary Sinise? Man, he would have made a great Nick Fury.

That Thor 2 talk just goes to what I said about different senses of humor. I thought the humor in Thor 2 was fine, nothing that had me rolling on the ground but nothing that I rolled my eyes at either. I thought 1 Broke Girl had some good lines, she didn't derail anything....

I did not notice Sinise in Cap 2. He would have made a good Fury....there's got to be some superhero he could play. He'd be great in these movies. How about Reed Richards?.....oh....never mind......

just got to see this over the weekend and i really enjoyed it...maybe even more so than the first one. i'm alrady looking forward to CA3 :D