GI Joe 3 isn't exactly moving full speed ahead

yojoebro82

While the GI Joe 3 script is "being perfected", they're going to go ahead and do a Jem movie first. You remember Jem......right?

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/137021-g-i-joe-3-falls-behind-jem-holograms-script-being-perfected.html

Yes, Jem's moderate popularity among a small number of followers 30 years ago is going to be enough to fuel a Hollywood movie! Hollywood: Where everything is a potential multi-million dollar franchise!

This would be upsetting, but aren't we used to GI Joe getting the second class treatment by now? I guess the biggest bummer would be that we would have to wait longer for a toy line. We'll have to hope that they have more TRU exclusives up their sleeves for the next couple of years. Meanwhile, to the the general public, the franchise goes out of sight, out of mind. Again.

i liked a lot of odd ball cartoons growing up, jem was one of them. i'm curious to see what comes of the movie. if it looks good, i'll check it out.

hey, maybe they'll make cross over figures! GI Jem!!! the real american musicians!

I don't care.. I haven't really liked the Joe movies... and IMO, they ruined the toyline.

Joe was doing fine before they canned it for the ROC line... and it seemed to never find its footing again. Can't believe Hasbro handled things so badly

I don't care.. I haven't really liked the Joe movies... and IMO, they ruined the toyline.

Joe was doing fine before they canned it for the ROC line... and it seemed to never find its footing again. Can't believe Hasbro handled things so badly

amen too Clam....the Movies didn't do anyone any favors....the 2nd time around they should've scrapped what they had & went for a Reboot.....now they're in a mess up to their knees & have opted to make a movie about Jem?? Why didn't they opt for Cops or Bravestar??....butttt the 3rd movie would have to be something truly beautiful to fix the whole mess....

It needs a total remake. I really really despise most of the second movie.

Draven

I not only started the I hate G.I. Joe 2 Fanclub I'm a member....I haven't even watched it since it left the theaters....I tried to be open-minded & gave it a chance....but I wasn't impressed & Chu's resume didn't exactly inspire confidence in me either....granted he did have to stich up a wound of a 1st movie but to let that wound gape bigger & stuff Dukes charred severed head into that wound wasn't a great idea...I'm glad he's off & he can ruin Gem's continuity & wonderful backstory(I'm being sarcastic there did you guys see that)......aneeewayyys I hope they can salvage something or just reboot the damn thing.....just show Rockblock sleeping & he wakes up in-between Duke & Ripcord on the couch while their playing Madden....it was all a turrible horrible gas-induced nightmare....

I enjoyed Retaliation, but I think it suffered from the same problem that the first one did...they built it around themes and imagery from whatever cartoon was on at the time, I suppose to generate some cross-media recognition, or perhaps to capitalize on whatever popularity with the kids these shows might have briefly enjoyed. The first film was loosely based on Sigma 6, and Retaliation, I assume, based on the storyline, was in-turn loosely based on Renegades. The reason why these ideas were mistakes is because of the mind-boggingly short attention span kids in general have these days, and in both cases, while each movie was being developed, the shows they were respectively based on were either long-since cancelled or kids had dismissed them and/or moved on to something else. So what they were left with was the older fans that couldn't care less and wanted something more along the lines of RAH. That's my theory anyways, and I'm sticking to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I must be the only one actually enjoying these GI Joe movies and looking forward to the next one :/ *forever alone

Anyway, I heard about this and it's strange. Not only because it's Jem of all things, but Chu passes on MOTU to do GI Joe 3 and then delays GI Joe 3 for Jem? Very weird. But, if this means some downtime before the next big wave of toys, I'm actually for that since they're still a lot I don't have so this down time will be good for those of us who need to catch up. We can't all pre-order entire waves online

I must be the only one actually enjoying these GI Joe movies and looking forward to the next one

We can't all pre-order entire waves online

I liked the last one and I was eager to see what they had in store next...

Ha! How can afford to buy an entire wave of ANYTHING anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the script was tighter for ROC, as much as I hate to admit that, but the director (summers) had no idea what he was doing, and overal tone and designs were way off. Retaliation got a lot right, almost the opposite right, but the script had some serious flaws. I'd take RET over ROC any day though.

as to the third movie? I'm wondering if Rock's recent casting in a DC movie that's been very hush hush has caused the push around. I'm not confident that movie studies are transparent. Remember Summers was originally set to come back and then quitely moved on later. Whatever actually happened, I'm not worried yet.

G.I. Joe would have been awesome If they were portrayed more as a Navy Seal,secret ops team for the President.You know,kind of like the team that found Saddam and Bin Laden.Instead of going right after prominent Cobra personell,their first targets should be leaders of other countries.Just to give it a more realistic feel.These leaders could hire Cobra for assistance and then all hell could brake loose.It seems like hell brakes loose to soon in these films.Ya gotta ease into the "braking loose of hell" at a believable pace.