Episode VII: 'The Force Awakens' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, and is this a bad thing??

Who knows? an academy award winning writer and star wars fan couldn't cut the mustard? or he just wasn't caving to what the Mouse wanted? or this can write itself based on how things go these days (old train new, young team, derp) so why pay another person for their input?

on the other hand, when's the last time you saw a good Kasdan project? big fans of Mumford out there *cricket* Grand Canyon? *cricket**cricket* Glory days...we're all thinking glory days with his name

And I know im in the minority, but Ive never seen a solid JJ Abrams movie that made me feel he was right for SW. Im sorry, I just don't like his films

Arndt was out of left field from the beginning, with some big successes and missteps here and there...but ultimately an unknown name matched to a project like this that could have been what it needs.

They are definitely playing it safe with these movies...don't expect any art from adversity here.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy do they have their brains up their buts or what?

I NEVER go to movies in December.I use that money for Christmas presents.Why don't they do a summer release????

Well, I have fond memories of seeing Star Trek IV on my Christmas break as a kid, and in recent years, Avatar and the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies. I think it's great we're getting new Star Wars films around the holidays. To me it makes perfect sense. I always associated Christmastime with Star Wars anyway, with all the toys and video games I've gotten over the years.

I NEVER go to movies in December.I use that money for Christmas presents.Why don't they do a summer release????

You have two years to save up $20. $10 if you don't want popcorn and pop.

Skip the inevitable Jar Jar Binks Black Series figure and it pays for itself!

@fett@

Well, I have fond memories of seeing Star Trek IV on my Christmas break as a kid, and in recent years, Avatar and the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies. I think it's great we're getting new Star Wars films around the holidays. To me it makes perfect sense. I always associated Christmastime with Star Wars anyway, with all the toys and video games I've gotten over the years.

I seen Star Trek the Motion Picture in December of 79 but I was a kid of 13 and didn't pay my way

You have two years to save up $20. $10 if you don't want popcorn and pop.

Skip the inevitable Jar Jar Binks Black Series figure and it pays for itself!

@fett@

Yeah right .....you have never been in this house trying to save for anything

• 3 weeks later...