Harrison Ford in Negotiations for 2 More INDIANA JONES Films

Wheeljack35

http://geektyrant.com/news/harrison-ford-in-negotiations-for-2-more-indiana-jones-films

A couple of months ago Disney gained control of the Indiana Jones characters so they could continue the adventures of everyone's favorite archeologist. There was also a rumor going around at the same time saying that Harrison Ford had a few conditions that had to be met for him to return as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VII. One of those was him reprising his role as Indiana Jones.

Now thanks to Market Saw, we have word that Ford is in negotiations for two more Indiana Jones films. This is what their source had to say,

"Regarding Harrison Ford, two more Indiana Jones features are in the negotiation stages as per Ford's contract clause on Star Wars, which is the primary reason he didn't 'publicly' or 'privately' commit, or so I'm told."

So will we see not just one, but at least two more Indiana Jones movies! There's no word on how involved Lucas will be on these or if Steven Spielberg will be back to direct. Whatever happens, I can only hope they are able to come up with a couple of great stories. I really wouldn't mind if they moved forward as if The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never happened.

Indiana Jones is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, so I can't help but be a little excited about this this.

My first thought was "just let it die" but if they can come up with more good stories, then bring it on. Just leave Shilo Buff out of it.

BTW...pretty slick of Harrison Ford to ransom his Star Wars appearance for another shot at the roll he REALLY wants to play @indy@ @hvg@ @indy@

I really wouldn't mind if they moved forward as if The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never happened.

i agree, i never liked that movie and pretend it doesnt exist. even though Ford is a little too old for the all the traditional action, if they write the story well enough, it could work out amazing.

i also think they should keep sheylaboof out of it. i like shia, but not for Indi movies.

While I wouldn't hate another movie, what's the real point? Ford's 71 right now and would be atleast 73 by the time a new movie came out. As an action star his best days are behind him and I;m not sure how much of the action would be believable. As the love interest, his best days are behind him. Which has to make you wonder what kind of role the Indy would have. Would it be more like the Henry Jones role in Crusade? And if so, then why have this be an Indy movie?

While I wouldn't hate another movie, what's the real point? Ford's 71 right now and would be atleast 73 by the time a new movie came out. As an action star his best days are behind him and I;m not sure how much of the action would be believable. As the love interest, his best days are behind him. Which has to make you wonder what kind of role the Indy would have. Would it be more like the Henry Jones role in Crusade? And if so, then why have this be an Indy movie?

The only reason studios cling to any of these franchises is because it's easier than to think up some kind of new, creative ideas. Indy, Star Wars, there's absolutely no difference. The fact that Harrison Ford or Mark Hammil or Arnold Schwarzeneger or any of those guys you loved 30 years ago are now too old to believably cast them in these action situations is just a minor inconvenience to them. Hollywood will push it through because they know fanboys our age who have a warm/fuzzy feeling for anything 80s are already locked in.

The only reason studios cling to any of these franchises is because it's easier than to think up some kind of new, creative ideas. Indy, Star Wars, there's absolutely no difference. The fact that Harrison Ford or Mark Hammil or Arnold Schwarzeneger or any of those guys you loved 30 years ago are now too old to believably cast them in these action situations is just a minor inconvenience to them. Hollywood will push it through because they know fanboys our age who have a warm/fuzzy feeling for anything 80s are already locked in.

But with SW were going to be getting a lot of new characters and new stories, if the rumor of eps 7 being a "hand off" movie is correct. I can see a lot of the SW charcaters working a little better as background characters leading a newer generation than I can with an new Indy movie headlined by Ford just because the title is Indiana Jones. Were as SW already has a large cast you can move around. It's not like the movie is called Luke, Leia and Han.

But with SW were going to be getting a lot of new characters and new stories, if the rumor of eps 7 being a "hand off" movie is correct. I can see a lot of the SW charcaters working a little better as background characters leading a newer generation than I can with an new Indy movie headlined by Ford just because the title is Indiana Jones. Were as SW already has a large cast you can move around. It's not like the movie is called Luke, Leia and Han.

The MacGuffin, like the original title "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and the quest should be enough to drive a story. I don't really like the personal character parts started by Last Crusade (daddy issues for everyone!), but if it can get back to adventure, stunts, and setpieces in tune with the first 2 films, theyd still have something.

Cmon...pick an artifact. Say, for example "Golden Fleece"...can you tell me that nothing interesting could be spun from that, even with an older Indiana Jones?

If sole apprehension lay in "old man Indy", Star Wars should fair even worse. The Empire was defeated, the emperor destroyed, and balance was restored to the force...OR WAS IT?! How cheap.

It's not like the movie is called Luke, Leia and Han.

No, but it used to be called "The Story of Luke Skywalker." Then, it was "The Story of Darth Vader". Now its "The Story of How Disney Absorbs an Existing Intellectual Property and Whores it Into the Gutter."

But part of the title for Star Wars is Wars. There can always be some new faction that tries to start Sh!t. And while I think your right about there needing to be a good story or artifact behind a new indy movie, the best part of the first three were either the action work by Ford or the "light romance" parts with Indy and whatever gal.

the best part of the first three were either the action work by Ford or the "light romance" parts with Indy and whatever gal.

Hey now, some people like the Young Indiana Jones Adventures...not me, but some people :)

Speaking of...If they ever do decide to "reboot", Id hope they would do old Indy bookends with Harrison. Hey, maybe Indy will lose and eye somewhere over the course of the new films?