G.I. Joe :: original 13 members +

ian88

Are you the same Ian that did the Star Wars/GI Joe crossover customs? If so, I loved those, and it inspired me to make some of my own. As for these, I would love to see some individual images of each character. Love a different head used on Rock and Roll, and not the same Clutch head used over and over. Keep it up, any plans for some Original Cobras?

Are you the same Ian that did the Star Wars/GI Joe crossover customs? If so, I loved those, and it inspired me to make some of my own. As for these, I would love to see some individual images of each character. Love a different head used on Rock and Roll, and not the same Clutch head used over and over. Keep it up, any plans for some Original Cobras?

Yes it's me who did the Sw/joe crossovers.

Thanks, I don't know about the Original cobras, they really did a great job in the latest figures

I'll try to post individual pictures

Ok I really like Snake Eyes, but i never did a custom of him because, well it's all black. Kind of boring on the creative part.

That's why I tried something different with this one, CAMO PANTS !!! LOL

Seriously I wanted to push the "commando" part a little more than Ninja. I kept the sword, and why not try with and without the goggles.

Here goes Snake Eyes

snake-eyes-01.jpg

snake-eyes-02.jpg

This one was fun to do. I wanted to have some thing "hi-tech", but also keeping the look and feel of the vintage figure. the satellite backpack with the laptop vs the headset.

Also different shades of green for the communication officer than the rest of the team so far.

and...can you spot the bubble gum ?

breaker-01.jpg

breaker-03.jpg

Another character that I didn't have as a kid. But this guy as a jet pack, every kids from the 80's loved jet packs.

Again, I used the IG POC body armor for this custom. I just love this figure for armor plates.

Grand Slam

og13-grand_slam.jpg

Next one, Clutch.

I don't have a lot of emotion when i think about this character, never had the figure when I was young and he's a driver. Yet again I really like the character from the Marvel comics. I read them a couple of years ago and I found out that he has a great personality. So here's Clutch

og13-clutch.jpg

Here's General Hawk

this custom was not an easy one. I couldn't decide what look to give him. Finally decided to go with the v2, General Hawk. For me Hawk was more blond than brownish and I think that this head fits more than Duke

og13-hawk.jpg

Ok, this one won't be unanimous, but...

Short Fuze never had a big part in my joe universe. In fact I don't think he ever had a big part in any joe universe. So he has a lame green outfit, but he has glasses... wow!

I looked over at other customs nothing really appeals to me. Then I saw this Short-Fuze v2. That was my inspiration.

og13-short-fuze-01.jpg

og13-short-fuze-02.jpg

ZAP!

A weird and cool codename for a bazooka soldier. Like Steeler this figure was not part of my childhood universe. Ii never had v1 or v2. Here's a "long shot" with this one trying to incorporate both design in one figure... yes bright green and silver and padding. why not ;-)

og13-zap.jpg

Steeler was one a the few joes I didn't own when I was a kid. The only cool thing about him was the visor, which I had from the weapons packs. He was the only joe with an open shirt and like zap he had a very bright green outfit. I really like the steeler from last year convention, and even though I had the parts to replicate the figure, I tried to go with something else.

og13-steeler.jpg

Ok this one was not the most easy, but when i found the parts it came together nicely. I tried to keep the same vintage look on this one, brown boots and gloves. And that flint head really helped what I had in mind for Flash

og13-flash01.jpg

og13-flash02.jpg

Wow, I love them all! My fav would probably be Hawk. I don't know why, but I love that Jacket combo, cool move on that one. Scarlett while different, I like how you went your own way with her, not just another Scarlett repaint with a Marvel or Star Wars head, different is good sometimes. I actually had to look up the original Short-Fuze, lol... yeah, I never had one either. I love yours soo much better. Lastly Flash, I love how well he came together, and I might have to steal that recipe... but I'll change the helmet as I still see Sci-Fi with it.

Those are the standouts for me, Love what you did with them, and hope you post more of your stuff here(cough, cough.. ahem Star Wars crossovers... cough, cough). :)

Oh, I also love how you kept the colors simple, but something as little as having different greens for the shirts and the pants really makes them stand out more than some other recent "Original 13" customs I've seen over the last few years, kudos for that as well.