Nunchuk by TheVP

TheVP

nunchuk_1.jpg

Recipe is

Retailiation Red Ninja head, torso, and arms, (head peice is from a 25th night creeper)

Retailiation Snake Eyes Legs

Nunchuk is from Jinx, swords are from Zartan, MP7? (please correct me if I'm wrong gun experts) is from the dojo 3 pack

Not sure who the webgear is from...it was in my fodder box.

Either on of my kids, or my wife, or myself have been sick with the Flu (or some version of it...the doctor wouldn't ever call it the flu...but it looks like the flu, sounds like the flu, chances are it is) this past week, which sucked. But the down time means I got to break out the paints.

I was able to piece together and paint Nunchuk. Honestly I don't know much about the character...he came after my Joe time as a kid. Looking at yojoe for figures to custom he was been passed up pretty often, the bright green and the soft goods redneck cover when you are already wearing a full neck shirt underneath you gi just didn't do it for me.

His valor vs venom version was even worse. Nunchuk got to channel his inner Quick kick buy going shirtless, barefoot (well he wrapped his ankles and feet but his toes are exposed and still not a lot of protection from stepping on a rock. Better yet he rocked the look with suspenders, some shimmer body paint, and a mullet. Instant classic.

Anyway, I have been playing that GI Joe Battleground game as a timewaster when, I noticed the artwork on Nunchuk. I thought it looked awesome so I went for it. Been piecing the figure together since the event he was in...Of course when I promoted the character, it went to the VvV costume and I was disappointed but his stats are awesome so he gets to stick around.

if you decide to copy me on this recipe...do yourself a favor and use the dark ninja as your base...the elbows on mine keep chipping the paint. Dark Ninja would work much better with the green.