Toyfair 2014 announces Super Powers

carrowsboy

They are just trying to jump on the retro market bandwagon, starting with going the cheapest route possible... REPAINTS! Mattel is so friggin cheap. If they really want this last incarnation of their DCU figures to be awesome, they would have done some of the original Super Powers prototype characters that never made it, like Man-Bat, Supergirl, Quadrex, etc. No... just more tooling reuse with different paint and packaging.

I hope another toy company creates a continuation of the Super Powers line with REAL retro figures, in the tradition of RE Action figures or Zica's Six MIllion Dollar Man figures. They can get the original tooling and make a Gold Superman too.

Did they even take a poll as to what the fans would like to see in a Super Powers set? Instead of a repaint of Superman and GL I would have much rather have Lex Luther in his power suit or Robin or Aquaman, Cyborg or a proper Green Lantern or even a re-release of the Wonder Twins. Darkside would have been amazing in the Super Powers packaging but I know they are price cutting. Sadly, this could have been so much more since they already have the Super Powers bases for sale :(

I find it funny you guys are complaining of repaints when 90% of what Mattel does is repaints, lol.

Even if that were true, Mattel has managed to hide their repaints better than they are with this glaring rip-off.