The Black Widow

featofstrength

A C-level character...plus one over-rated "actress"...too much screen time...worth $20 million dollars for Avengers 2? Really? And is any fan really asking for solo Black Widow movies?

I would give Robert Downey Jr anything he wants at this point...he made all this possible. But shortchanging the Hulk, Thor, and Captain America while paying out big for Black Widow? Is Scarjo's name really a big enough draw to the filmgoing public to overshadow iconic characters?

Get a different character in there if we have to have a woman on the team (Ms Marvel?) for diversity's sake. Or forget that PC/girl market crap altogether and think how much more of a comic movie experience you could buy with $20 million.

Gp~h_o-360.jpg

were they scrubbing away to look for talent under all that makeup?

I don't see it...and I don't get it.

While there are many great choices for females in the Avengers, the Black Widow is the simplest to transform on the big screen. Since she has no real powers that they would have to add special effects to, only her and Mockingbird fit the bill as lower risk/cost additions to a cast where effects are huge (Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor). Black Widow fit a little more seamlessly into the MU movie verse where SHIELD got the Avengers together. I personally would love to see the Wasp with this group, being a founding member and all. Maybe one day.

A C-level character...

If she's C-level then so is every other Avengers female. Between BW, Scarlett Witch, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and others, they've all rotated on and off the team at various times over the years and will continue to do so. None of the above have the A-list status of Cap, IM, Thor, and Hulk, but so what. They had to have SOME female in Avengers and they went with Widow. It was a solid choice.

I'd see a solo Black Widow film with Johansen in it and I can't wait to get her figure.

I have a crush on ScarJo... but I wouldn't care at all if Black Widow didn't appear in a movie ever again. She is completely unnecessary and doesn't add anything worthwhile. Hawkeye was disappointing too, for that matter.

if they make a Black Widow movie, I won't see it until it comes out on Netflix

wake up! She's like Emma Peel meets Batman.

What, because she looks good in a catsuit, made most memorable by the Avengers? That is heresy. No female action anything is close to Diana Rigg's Emma Peel.

The only possible problems I see are Hollyweird's phobia against female action heroes, and it's genuine inability to portray them.

Emma stands out because she wasn't forced down our throats like all the Buffy's of today. She was genuine.

Actor's can do wonders with limitations, and without being overpaid. Diana almost quit when she found out she was making less than some of the camera operators on the show. She deserved more. Scarlett? whatever...bet they aren't going to pay Elizabeth Olsen 1/10th of what she deserves.