Sign in to follow this  
Lady Jaye

X2

And one of the best intros in general for a movie!! Nightcrawler was used perfectly in this movie!!! His oowers were shown brilliantly. The classical score and singing was a nice touch!!

One can only imagine how Singer's 3rd installment would have played out instead of that gobbley gook of a mess we got!! If only he hadn't done that atrocious Superman movie!!

And one of the best intros in general for a movie!! Nightcrawler was used perfectly in this movie!!! His oowers were shown brilliantly. The classical score and singing was a nice touch!!

One can only imagine how Singer's 3rd installment would have played out instead of that gobbley gook of a mess we got!! If only he hadn't done that atrocious Superman movie!!

Nightcrawler is close to being one of the best page to screen characters in all of comic movies. Simply fantastic.

Singer's X-Men movies underscore all that's wrong with a lot of films these days, and when I say that, I mean they don't go out of their way to be over-the-top action-fests...they're nicely understated, evenly-paced films with great action that's balanced-out with *gasp* meaningful character development with a sensible plot, something that's sorely missing from a lot of action/sci-fi/comic films today. I too have always enjoyed them, with Nightcrawler being one of the many highlights.

I wish Singer would have stayed on board for X3, I really think the continuity would be less of a mess now if he's have stayed and not gone to do Superman.

I liked Nightcrawler's portrayal in the movie as well. It's a shame we may never see him again. I remember hearing the actor hated the makeup process so much that he probably wouldn't do it again. I wouldn't be opposed to a recasting just because the character is so great he deserves movie appearances. I'm fine with a lot of the X_Men movie installments, but why they're not building films around X-Men like him and Colossus and Cyclops (you know, THE X-Men?) is something I don't get....

I really loved how they didn't shy away from Nightcrawler's religious beliefs, which really made the character stand out. The 90's cartoon made a similar decision and it resulted in my all-time favorite episode.

Jean's death scene still stands as my favorite bit from the entire film series. Cyke may have had almost nothing to do this film, but to Marsden's credit, he really nailed it in that sequence. Sometimes I won't even bother with the rest of the film, I'll just skip directly to this scene.

The 90's cartoon made a similar decision and it resulted in my all-time favorite episode.

That episode was great. They wouldn't even consider doing something like that today.

I agree about Marsden. We may never know how good Cyclops COULD have been.....had he been given something to do in ANY of the three films.

X2 is probably still my favorite comic book movie. There is something about that movie that still holds up to this day. I was totally let down by X-Men Last Stand and the Wolverine movies were never up to the same standards either. X-Men First Class renewed my faith that the X-Men movies could still be good and I'm looking forward to X-Men DOFP.