Clearance Clarence

GuitarDevil

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my nearest Hastings is closing this Tuesday at 5PM for good. So yesterday was my final trip. Still dropped a bit over $100 on stuff.

Overall haul out of the going out of business sale, approx. $440 all told:

41 CDs (technically 42 as I had to buy one twice because the first time the disc was cracked in the middle)

45 trade paperbacks

27 individual comic issues

5 Star Wars LEGO sets (4 of the series 3 Microfighters & the Carbon Freeze Chamber)

2 packs of 3.75" Daleks

5-inch 4th Doctor 3-pack

5 Buffy ReAction figures (just need Oz)

3 packs of Pulp Fiction Mini-Mates

3 Star Wars tote bags

Star Wars baseball cap

4 DVD box sets of One Piece

Terror In Resonance BD/DVD combo pack

3 WWE BDs (U.S. Title, Ultimate Warrior & Owen Hart)

WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3, Clone Wars movie & Revenge of the Fallen 2-disc set, all on BD

Well, my nearest Hastings is closing this Tuesday at 5PM for good. So yesterday was my final trip. Still dropped a bit over $100 on stuff.

Overall haul out of the going out of business sale, approx. $440 all told:

41 CDs (technically 42 as I had to buy one twice because the first time the disc was cracked in the middle)

45 trade paperbacks

27 individual comic issues

5 Star Wars LEGO sets (4 of the series 3 Microfighters & the Carbon Freeze Chamber)

2 packs of 3.75" Daleks

5-inch 4th Doctor 3-pack

5 Buffy ReAction figures (just need Oz)

3 packs of Pulp Fiction Mini-Mates

3 Star Wars tote bags

Star Wars baseball cap

4 DVD box sets of One Piece

Terror In Resonance BD/DVD combo pack

3 WWE BDs (U.S. Title, Ultimate Warrior & Owen Hart)

WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3, Clone Wars movie & Revenge of the Fallen 2-disc set, all on BD

Damn that's quite a haul....you had to have spent some time rummaging through their stuff....I had a limited time the 2 times I was in there....I didn't come away w/much when I was browsing...cool haul man

• 1 month later...

Hey hey....I found some clearance clarence love....I joined an FB Star Wars Black group & some dude found the "Traitor" Trooper Vs Poe on the clearance shelf for $20 buxx....I used the brickseek app & found some a few miles away...they must have been somewhat popular most of the Targets were cleaned out but I still managed to find 3 sets at one Target...they were still sitting on the pegs, priced at $40 but when I ran it under the scanner it gave me twenty.....the "nerdy" (we coulda been brothers) clerk that rang me up remarked that he collected too & that he should probably buy one for himself as well....I asked him if he had seen any Sabines or Revans but he said negative...

IMG_20161209_192259_zps0xugddno.jpg

I was at DD's Discount the other day & they had "TitanFall" Knex Super set (2 Mechs & the little battleground set) for $22 buxx....considering it used to be $70 at TRU that's not a bad price....I wasn't able to pick that I up, but it's a sighting that's kinda clearanced related.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found some Clearance love over the last weekend.....while I wasn't able to fortify the 1st Order's ranks I thought I would pass the word along that they're on Clearance at the Disney Store....I may go back & at least get a NO Stormtrooper....

20170211_131317_zpsqz38qu6m.jpg

This was one of two areas they had em so they had healthy amount of them left....I saw a couple of Dad's getting some.....one dude was behind me....poor Bastid was almost ashamed of buying a fig...he didn't make eye contact w/me while my nerdiness was blinding him into the corner....lol....at least after the lady rung up my Elite Death Trooper she said "May the force be with you".....that actually made me smile....nowadays I'm meditating w/"the Force is with me...I'm one yadda"...

20170211_131321_zpsrpe4nqdf.jpg

Oops....Forgot to say they were priced at $10.....for the older Red waves

There are times on the "hunt" where I tell myself I'm glad I waited....you just know when a peg warmer will eventually drop down to an acceptable price....I dug this figure when they announced it sometime back...I wish they would do some more of the Serpent Society....I don't think DiamondBack was part of the original squad but nonetheless I needed him so he could take Caps down a peg or two....buttt I didn't want to pay full price to see the circus.....I'm glad I waited....I knew I'd catch up to him sooner or later...even when he dropped to $10 on Amazon...still I waited....they said I was crazy (of course they were the voices in my head but that's another story for another forum)...I kinda kick myself cause later in the day I spotted "Whirlwind" at Gamestop in their Clearance Clarence Bin for $5.47....I put him down to look as some videyah games...like an old man I walked off forgetting my toy & my false teeth.....kidding.....I had no desire to build Onslaught so I'm okay if I miss out on Whirlwind.....

f33b5397-cf2d-4ecc-923f-95a848532e28_zps

There's a reason Terget is getting most of our moneys....my gf found this for me...she gave it to me for Valentine's day....I bought her Chocolate & some racy books....it was a fair trade for Love.....can't wait to take it out & go looking for that lost droid.....Uncle Owen said if I don't find him, he's going to burn this mother down....I had the original 70's toy speeder that had Luke, Ben & 3PO.....like a kid I ripped the out to see if I could play w/them in hand....looks like somebody beat me to it this time....

b9ecc7cc-1a0c-4df2-be93-e64a50469b6a_zps

hey look my socks finally made their debut.....

• 2 months later...

Some years back, a "close out" whole sale grocery store right down the street from our place sold a bin full of ROC & newer GI Joe figs for $1.99...since then I make it a point to cruise through there to check out the toy aisle every now & then....sometimes they surprise me....They had a few of the Rogue One Big Figs, these were at all box & mortars for $20 a piece, they trickle down through Big Lots & Ross sometimes so they drop in price....I'm a sucker for Troops so I bit on the only Stormtrooper they had...I saw Jyn sans her blaster & one blue shocktrooper?...maybe it was red I don't really recall as the Blue ST & Jyn were in very used shape....maybe not as bad as after the DeathStar blasted hot laser death on her but still rugged, scratched & scuffed to frustration....I paid $10 & some change....I can't afford the cool Shogun figs so this is it....

IMG_20170430_001621_zpszjs42c7b.jpg

I was out trying to hunt down some new 40th ann figs but didn't come up w/any thing......I stopped off at Gamestop to find the Droid w/the bad motivator....I was there to stop Uncle Owen & change the timeline so he & Beru didn't end up crispy fried farmers on their front doorstep.....lately I haven't been able to find shii, including the droids the Empire is scoping for....but I was able to score 2 more of the Dr. Strange wave ML's....I found these at a Gamestop that's wayyyy out of my usual area...I dig that Nico fig & having the Original Iron Fist is very cool as well.....

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday Morning at Tuesday Morning yielded some cool finds.....the store itself will try to ward you off w/its overpowering pot-pourri smells, several of the local grandmas & moms who count this as a safe haven as much as one would inhabit the local pub stop their chatter & look at me as if I'm lost.....an outlander who invaded their safe-haven of overpriced pillows & area rugs, not to mention the half a million varieties of gadget charging cords, hidden in all that mire is the true treasure aisle....1/2 way to the isle of misfit toys are some treasures buried in their deep collection....TM's have a lot of stuff to dig through...they had Hotwheels Star Wars Vehicle 2 pack for 3 bucks...I passed on the little AT-AT & Snow Speeder...I have no idea why.....they had a few 3.75 Star Wars figs, more the actual Star Wars Hotwheels Cars....I didn't see any Marvel figs like last time but they had the full Squad of Ghostbusters for $8 a piece...I passed as well....imop you're never gonna find a better deal for a full lineup, while they don't have as many accessories & not as intricate as the Diamond figs this isn't bad deal....

20170527_104624_zpscobopodz.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

unFun Facts:

1. I don't much care for online shopping for toys-QC wise you don't know what your going to get, box gets fugged sometimes usually all the times...& its not "fun" clicking the damn mouse....

2. Amazon does killer prime deals on Marvel Legends though.

3. I'm a "find it at the boxstore" kinda dude...I appreciate the "hunt" & pay off of finding something that really shouldn't be that hard to find in the 1st place.....

4. I get the feeling that BoxStores only get in 3 actual cases of Legends Waves every new "aisle reset"...all the best ones go 1st then we get pegwarmer pete set in for the long bitter summer till someone gets off their arse & decides maybe we need to clear out the 17 Misty Night & Iceman's so we can sell some Spiderman & Thor figs?....I swear retail has no soul..

Following up on internet hearsay I found my local Walfarts had Clearanced some Legends waves down to $9 apiece I stopped by a few WM's & came up w/a few surprises...I got Keature, Capt. Uni. Spidey...they had Guardians on CC as well but it was just Vance Astro & Teen Nova...I'm not really digging that wave so I was only after Yondu but he was long gone....I'm still hoping to hit some farther out WM's this weekend...see what I can stir up....

post-31352-0-54368900-1501985439_thumb.jpg

I got the Astral Strange for $9 on Amazon as well......I'm getting so fuggen tired of Hassleblow making "us" purchase unnecessary figures to build something they could've just made a fig for in the 1st place....I'm not sure I'm going to keep See Through Candy Strange but I'm finishing my Dormammu eventually....lately I'm trying to get the "hard to find" figs 1st then finish up the wave by finding the rest on sale or clearance, or trade or buy the piece I'm missing....its a pain in the arse but it saves money....time not so much.....good luck hunters & crazy people....

• 2 months later...

1st of all, I apologize for the lack of pics....didn't know Photobucket would get all butthurt using them....I will hopefully post pics later but over the weekend I stopped by "DD's Discounts"....the store is related to "Ross-Dress for Less" stores....X-mas season is coming on so this was expected...I spotted a few DC figs...they had Movie Lex for $4, Suicide Squad Katana for $7 & a BM vs SM Supes for $11.....also spotted 3x Marvel Legends Whirlwind for $5 a piece ( I was tempted but glad I held off).....They had the Star Wars Rogue One 2 packs I spotted the Death Trooper/Wide Mouthed Alien & Shore Troop/Hairy Alien for $4 apiece & the Star Wars Micro Machine Ship Packs were $3.49, they only had the Rebels & Rogue One sets.....I'm not really into Call of Duty & Halo but they had multiple smaller Mega Blocks sets for $7-$22....pretty good stuff for early Xmas stuff...they even had Shopkins there, my Nieces & Step GrandDaughter are really into those things lol.....I gotta check out Ross this weekend & see if there's anything cracking there....good luck Hunters...

• 8 months later...

Yeah, my wife and I took our little girl earlier this evening for what very well may turn out to be our last trip to Toys-R-Us ever...it was very sad and depressing. All of the aisles in the stores were empty except for the very front of the store where normally the newest and/or more popular toy lines were displayed. There was the one main shelf in the front that faces the registers, and some shelves lined with a few things here and there...nothing really note-worthy, and that was about it. Oh, and there were about six or so carts lined-up in front of the registers with the best stuff in them, which really wasn't saying much at this point...

I managed to find two Marvel 3-3/4" two-packs; I got the Yondu/Star Lord set, along with the Dr. Strange/Astral Strange set. I also found a Star Wars: TFA pre-order kit that comes with a digital HD download and collectible poster prints, and that was it. The only other things left that I might've been remotely interested in was a DC Multiverse Suicide Squad Capt. Boomerang, and a Star Wars Rebels Ezra Bridger with his Speeder...there were a metric ton of those speeders, but there was only two or three of the Boomerangs left...

At one point I wanted to wander-off over towards where the action figure aisles used to be, wondering if there might be anything left...nothing. The buzz of the shoppers that were digging through the shopping carts seemed to fade into the distance behind me, almost becoming a dull, far-off noise, and I just stared at those empty aisles and shelves blocked-off with yellow tape. I just wasn't prepared for the feelings of loss and realizing I have been taking for granted the fact that Toys-R-Us would always be there...maybe I'm just being childish and dramatic, or overly nostalgic, but...this is starting to hurt quite a bit, and it's truly dawning on me for real that I may never see the inside of a Toys-R-Us store ever again. Perhaps it's a little greedy for me to want to hang-on to something like this...I've had my fun, I suppose. I just hate it for my little girl and all the other little kids that won't have the option to indulge in a store that's all about toys. Yeah, there'll always be other stores that carry toys, and I didn't always buy everything I was looking for at Toys-R-Us, but it was always a really fun, getaway-of-an-option for just a little while, where you could be nine-years-old again and just marvel at all the toys you wish you could have, and perhaps find a few you could take home...

It's a bittersweet feeling, because I'm happy about the deal I got. I generally don't seek-out the 3-3/4" Marvel figures...they don't seem to be quite as sharp-looking as their 6-inch counterparts, but for 80% off, I couldn't really pass them up since they had been $19.99 apiece at full price. (I don't even remember what I paid for the Star Wars: TFA kit...) And, upon closer inspection, the 3-3/4" Marvel sets didn't look half-bad, really...I just had to rummage around until I found a set with a Yondu that didn't have wonky eyes. (lol) I do wish the Star Lord figure came with an alternate Peter Quill head that could be swapped-out, but that's nit-picking...

So, there it is...my last trip to good-ol' Toys-R-Us. Maybe it's a little pathetic that a forty-four-year-old toy collector is sad about a toy store closing its doors forever, but even my wife came away feeling pretty sad about the whole thing...I don't think she was prepared for the feelings she's experiencing about it, either, and she's no collector, although she always liked to Christmas shop there every year. Oh well, what can you do? *sigh* Goodbye, Geoffrey...thanks for all of the fun and wonderful memories. Hopefully someday you may be resurrected, or even better...saved by someone at the last minute! (Here's hoping...)        

• Like 1

LOL, my stores never have anything good even when they are at full price let alone at these biggest clearance price downs. Hell Zuvio's still sit on most shelves around here ?

• 3 months later...

Hey Hey, its been a long dry summer, no great garage sale finds or really clearance items...Today I saw the TLJ "stay off my lawn" Luke w/80's aquarium scenery at Terget today for $15...they had about 20 of those badboys so the price will drop again....Lukes looking kinda hefty these days...that Blue Milk is chocked full of alien sugar that agitates his space diabetes...

At Gamestop they had Snoke & the last place he ever sat down for $13 on clearance.....& after that I hit 2 Ross's or Rossi? what does one call a cluster of Rosses? I came up empty at the first they had Justice League 6" Batman w/Wifi boxes & Cyborg with his Face Shield for $7.....

But the last Ross yielded some toys I hadn't heard of in a long time....I went through that famous Ross Toy/Black Hole Pile.....Toys were everywhere, the Call of Doodi Mego Blocks & more Justice League Batflecks & T800 Cyborgs....I went through it 2x's checked out the shoes & belts came back because my Spidey Sense/Sith Powers wouldn't let me be...I knew something was there....out my peripheral vision I spotted just a small piece of the back of a Star Wars box....it was buried rather well behind 2 nerf boxes, hidden away from prying fanboy eyes....stashed by some poor guy who was probably waiting for his cash to roll in....I crushed those dreams just like all Rebel Dreams & Scum.....

I found One Lone Sand Trooper facing backwards on the top shelf...I was never able to snag one up at Walfart so I was fairly happy till I remembered some sage advice..."Sandpeople always walk in single file to hide their numbers"...I found the other just a few inches to the right....finally some more light saber practice for Luke or Darth Maul...at $3 a piece all was well with the Force...I forgot to add that I did make that Sandpeople Scream in Celebration....

sandpeople.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went out Saturday to see if I could come up w/any TF Triple Changers, (WheelJack gave me a heads up) mainly looking for Blitzkreig & Astrotrain…..didn't see much but found another ML 12" to add to my hero roster...were gonna sneed a few villains after a bit....I still want to snag up Wolvy, Tchalla & the Hulk... this is a "variant" version of Deadpool..in the toy crowd we call it a "cashgrab"...I wasn't able to get the regular DP so this will do...I snagged him up for $25 & some change....the "Rainbow" Deadpool sets were marked down to $32.....

Sorry about the crappy pic...but this was the best pic....maximum 1/2 arsed effort I know....

deadpool.jpg