New Fantastic Four movie

featofstrength

Thanks to Avengers, and movies like it, the days of making comic book adaptions that spend two hours APOLOGIZING for being based on a comic book are over.

LOL, yeah, exactly, like I said, they're righting the ship :)

It's just to bad that everything we hear about the FF movie makes it seem like its heading in the opposite direction. If ever there were a property that can't be grounded in "reality" it's this one. Galactus, unstable molecules, the Negative Zone, time travel, you start taking out or "grounding" any of this and its like making The Fast and the Furious without car-chases.

It is what it is. Do it the way it was meant to be done, or go do a rom-com or something.

Regarding Fox and the X-men franchise I have pretty much given up of Fox capturing the spirit of the X-men in movie form, it's been over 12 years and save for First Class they have shown little sign of evolving; but moving on I don't want to dwell on those movies when there's so much more to look forward to from other companies.Back to the Fantastic Four cancelling(which is far more interesting that everything surrounding this movie) this guy pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/17/between-the-panels-why-its-good-marvel-cancelled-fantastic-four

Regarding Fox and the X-men franchise I have pretty much given up of Fox capturing the spirit of the X-men in movie form, it's been over 12 years and save for First Class they have shown little sign of evolving; but moving on I don't want to dwell on those movies when there's so much more to look forward to from other companies.Back to the Fantastic Four cancelling(which is far more interesting that everything surrounding this movie) this guy pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/17/between-the-panels-why-its-good-marvel-cancelled-fantastic-four

Good article.

• 3 weeks later...

Besides their FF hijinx, it seems Disney has also declared no new X-Men characters be created for the comic books because Fox would instantly get rights to them.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-disneys-marvel-is-crippling-foxs-x-men-movies-with-comics-cm405230

Surely this is a less ballsy move--there's no way they will ever cancel 20 titles no matter how much they want the movie franchise back--but still.

Is it so vital to Disney that they get all these properties back? How many Avengers movies do they have on deck for the next 8 years? And people are going to see all of them. They have enough on their plate.

Is it so vital to Disney that they get all these properties back? How many Avengers movies do they have on deck for the next 8 years? And people are going to see all of them. They have enough on their plate.

I would say it's not completely about getting the rights back. Marvel gets very little when it comes to the licensing deal with Fos also. Marvel gets a flat fee from the X-men movies and movie merch, that's. At least Sony redid there deal with Marvel so that Marvel has all the Merchandising rights to Spidey, so it's actually in their own interest for the Spidey movies to make money. But you are right, the X-men is too much of a cash cow for the publishing division for them to cancel all X-men relates titles.

• 2 weeks later...

It was never about having enough on their plate, its about not wanting anyone else eating from their table.

It was never about having enough on their plate, its about not wanting anyone else eating from their table.

or disrespecting iconic characters

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=266&itemid=18260

It's to the point where I'm hoping the next bit of craptastic info about this movie outdoes the last. Might as well make a game out of it at this point.

Blogger Doom? That's nothing. How about Sue can't really turn invisible in person but only when she tries to take a selfie. Then social media labels her Invisible Woman?

That's lo-fi,man! That's ultra-real!

It's to the point where I'm hoping the next bit of craptastic info about this movie outdoes the last. Might as well make a game out of it at this point.

Blogger Doom? That's nothing. How about Sue can't really turn invisible in person but only when she tries to take a selfie. Then social media labels her Invisible Woman?

That's lo-fi,man! That's ultra-real!

yeah but it's not gritty enough, remember that gritty and realistic go together nowadays.

It's just baffling that they still can't get Doom right. He's not a hard sell. He's not Superman.

Give him the armor and a green cloak. Give him a castle in Latveria and rule over people. That would be an awesome villain for the big screen! The character's original concept ain't broke!

I'll tell you...I saw some show on ABC, don't know the name, but Ioan Gruffudd was staring in it and he looks even more Mr. Fantastic-ish than he did 10 years ago. It made me wish he and the rest of the crew would make a comeback (yeah Human Torch my need to be recast but that's OK). Those movies got some stuff wrong (mainly Doom) but they did some things right too.

It's just baffling that they still can't get Doom right. He's not a hard sell. He's not Superman.

Give him the armor and a green cloak. Give him a castle in Latveria and rule over people. That would be an awesome villain for the big screen! The character's original concept ain't broke!

I'll tell you...I saw some show on ABC, don't know the name, but Ioan Gruffudd was staring in it and he looks even more Mr. Fantastic-ish than he did 10 years ago. It made me wish he and the rest of the crew would make a comeback (yeah Human Torch my need to be recast but that's OK). Those movies got some stuff wrong (mainly Doom) but they did some things right too.

1994_Doom.jpg

See, that's the thing...everybody knows how popular and bankable Darth Vader is, and Dr. Doom was Darth Vader before Darth Vader was Darth Vader. (lol) It's a no-brainer. He almost like an evil Tony Stark/Iron Man of sorts, yet another popular character to make a comparison with.

• 2 weeks later...

Plot sinopsis revealed:

THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel's original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/synopsis-fantastic-four-reboot-revealed-172200451.html

Man, I feel so bad for all the young and beautiful "outsiders" of the world. We don't know how hard their lives can really be.

I like how this take is supposedly more "grounded in reality" but they're teleporting to different places.

I like how this take is supposedly more "grounded in reality" but they're teleporting to different places.

Cut 'em a break. The movie's gonna tank, we know it, they know it. At this point, they just wanna get this turkey out so they can get on with the rest of their lives.