New Fantastic Four movie

featofstrength

"Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because . . . "

". . . we'd all be so consumed with remorse over our rape and murder of this beloved franchise that we'd commit collective seppuku with rusty butter knives."

haha.....mako.......well here's another $10 + 50 for popcorn & drinks I'm going to save....I wasn't a fan of the 1st FF movies & never saw those because of the horrible things I had heard.....eventually the "comic book movie" genre will dry up due to oversaturation & bad showings....it just hasn't happened yet....I understand that people want to make these movies but since Marvel started raking in the cash it seems like anything is up for grabs on the "ruin my childhood" ticket....on another note I kinda cringe a little when I read an interview & they ask the actors if they have ever read the comics & the response is no or they laugh it off as something childish....I guess as long as their getting paid it doesn't bother them...but to me these stories were the world to me when I was younger...enter unbreakable cliché here....I was a nervous weirdo growing up & didn't fit in that well....not because I was big & delicious but just an outcast in general.....these books took me away from all the bad drama in life & lit the fire that is the weirdo imagination I have today & continue to pass on to the lil jedi's in my life....I don't know if this is one giant middle finger to Disney but its lame & I'm tired of the wannabe Michael Bays of the world wanting to share their vision w/people who already wear glasses & can see the shiii from the shinola.....I hope this movie sinks hard & ruins careers in the process.....burn baby burns

I don't know if this is one giant middle finger to Disney but its lame & I'm tired of the wannabe Michael Bays of the world wanting to share their vision w/people who already wear glasses & can see the shiii from the shinola.....I hope this movie sinks hard & ruins careers in the process.....burn baby burns[/font]

Can't wait for Trank's Star Wars movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0248pUAteWk

THANKS, DISNEY!

I give a pass to a lot of movies that other people think are crap, and I always like to see the finished product before making a final judgment. That being said, reading all that I've read about this, it sounds like it's on track to being one of the worst ever. We may all be begging for the mishandled Dr. Doom and Galactus of the original two films before this one is all said and done...

• 1 month later...

This movie is still getting made?

I was reading rumors of this film being left for dead...then I saw a picture of the "selfie" that the four miscast actors took at the wrap party and I lost all hope.

How I wish they were true, all I kept seeing was articles about Michael B. Jordan: "Michael B. Jordan responds to criticism about his casting", Michael B. Jordan gets pointers gets advice from Chris Evans on his Human Torch role. etc.

• 1 month later...

I scoff whenever I hear of a comic title coming to an "end" because that usually just means there's a new #1 coming a month or two down the road. But it appears Marvel is actually canceling the FF comic. Really.

This article seems to think that Marvel is doing it to help the new movie tank at the box office which would help them to get the rights to the franchise back:

http://www.examiner.com/article/marvel-axes-fantastic-four-to-spite-20th-century-fox

I don't read FF regularly but it is kind of sad that The World's Greatest Comic Magazine can't hold an audience.

As for Marvel's alleged plan to help the movie tank.....Is that really something that Fox is going to need help with???

I scoff whenever I hear of a comic title coming to an "end" because that usually just means there's a new #1 coming a month or two down the road. But it appears Marvel is actually canceling the FF comic. Really.

This article seems to think that Marvel is doing it to help the new movie tank at the box office which would help them to get the rights to the franchise back:

http://www.examiner.com/article/marvel-axes-fantastic-four-to-spite-20th-century-fox

I don't read FF regularly but it is kind of sad that The World's Greatest Comic Magazine can't hold an audience.

As for Marvel's alleged plan to help the movie tank.....Is that really something that Fox is going to need help with???

Hmm...that's crazy. But it might have something there.

This has been rumored for a while now whether it's happening due to sales or due to Marvel wanted to spite Marvel as people claim no one except Marvel really knows. Rumor has it that Marvel has been trying to strike a deal with Fox but they don't want to "play ball", they were willing to let Fox keep the rights to Daredevil in exchange for Galactus but Fox refused. Again except maybe for the Daredevil thing these are all stories,rumors and speculation; there's another story going around that Marvel is in negotiations with Sony to share some of the expense/profits of the Avengers sequels in exchange for Spider Man appearing in them, so who knows what's going on. At the end of the day whatever happens this movie is still getting made so that's that.

I think you were right the first time. Marvel cancels FF, then when the movie hits next year do a "Triumphant Return," possibly even over-hauled to resemble the movie. (Remember when DC had their artists start drawing Catwoman as a black woman after the Halle Berry movie?)

As for some conspiracy by Marvel against Fox, there's one big problem with that notion. Marvel already OWNS Fantastic Four, they'll make money off any FF movie no matter who makes it. They're not gonna sabotage their meal-ticket like that.

these are all stories,rumors and speculation;

What? Rumors and speculation doubling as "news" on the internet? The hell you say!

Big Shocker I know, latest one is RDJ appearing in Cap 3 and they making a civil war storyline, and since it's the internet it must be true.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/14/robert-downey-jr-joins-captain-america-3/

When movie writers take such liberties to re write a storyline that is been a success for years and fans of the comics fallow, then we have movies dedicated to just a new generation that have no clue about where this comic heroes are coming from.

About the whole Marvel cancels FF thing, I've been following the rumors for a while. Basically it all comes back to Marvel really signing so crappy contracts to movie studios back in the 90's. They(Marvel) got a little bit of money and it kept the company afloat. Paramount had the rights to Iron Man, but Marvel Studios bought them back right before they announced their IM movies. New Line had the rights to Blade, Ghost Rider and the Punisher, but recently got those back too. Fox had DD, X-Men (and all related characters) and the FF (and all related characters). But they exchanged the rights to Daredevil so they could keep the right to either the FF or some FF related characters. The only character that I've heard of having any real problems with who owns the rights are Namor, who's rights are with Universal but I heard there is something not quite right somewhere with those rights.

The big points in that contract are/was that Fox needs to make a movie every five to seven years or the rights go back to Marvel. Marvel only gets a lump sum payment for the movie and Fox gets everything else. Fox also gets a vast majority of all licensing from said movies, but Marvel has a say in what gets made and by whom. One of the biggest sticking points is that Foxs has an intellectual ownership of all X-Men characters and plot-lines. Basically Fox can do whatever they want with whatever X-Men character, plot or story and Marvel has no say in it. The big exception to Fox's rights are Quicksilver. Since he was an Avenger and on an actual X-team (X-Factor), Fox can use him. But Fox can't use the Scarlet Witch because she's been more closely associated with the Avengers and never been on an X-Men team (except for her brief time in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

Sony on the other hand recently redid their deal with Marvel, so that they own the movie rights and Marvel gets a small fee. But Marvel owns all the licensing rights to Spiderman.

The biggest thing (or rumor)is that Marvels largest stockholder (and the largest single stockholder at Disney) Ike Perlmutter hates the deal with Fox over the FF and X-Men. But the X-Men and related characters make way too much money for Marvel, so he's not going to do anything to them. But the FF is a poor selling book, who's characters might be better used else where. The Things been an Avengers for Decades and there's more than one Human Torch. So the rumor is the characters will appear in other comic books, there just won't be an FF book.

About the whole Marvel cancels FF thing, I've been following the rumors for a while. Basically it all comes back to Marvel really signing so crappy contracts to movie studios back in the 90's. They(Marvel) got a little bit of money and it kept the company afloat. Paramount had the rights to Iron Man, but Marvel Studios bought them back right before they announced their IM movies. New Line had the rights to Blade, Ghost Rider and the Punisher, but recently got those back too. Fox had DD, X-Men (and all related characters) and the FF (and all related characters). But they exchanged the rights to Daredevil so they could keep the right to either the FF or some FF related characters. The only character that I've heard of having any real problems with who owns the rights are Namor, who's rights are with Universal but I heard there is something not quite right somewhere with those rights.

The big points in that contract are/was that Fox needs to make a movie every five to seven years or the rights go back to Marvel. Marvel only gets a lump sum payment for the movie and Fox gets everything else. Fox also gets a vast majority of all licensing from said movies, but Marvel has a say in what gets made and by whom. One of the biggest sticking points is that Foxs has an intellectual ownership of all X-Men characters and plot-lines. Basically Fox can do whatever they want with whatever X-Men character, plot or story and Marvel has no say in it. The big exception to Fox's rights are Quicksilver. Since he was an Avenger and on an actual X-team (X-Factor), Fox can use him. But Fox can't use the Scarlet Witch because she's been more closely associated with the Avengers and never been on an X-Men team (except for her brief time in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

Sony on the other hand recently redid their deal with Marvel, so that they own the movie rights and Marvel gets a small fee. But Marvel owns all the licensing rights to Spiderman.

The biggest thing (or rumor)is that Marvels largest stockholder (and the largest single stockholder at Disney) Ike Perlmutter hates the deal with Fox over the FF and X-Men. But the X-Men and related characters make way too much money for Marvel, so he's not going to do anything to them. But the FF is a poor selling book, who's characters might be better used else where. The Things been an Avengers for Decades and there's more than one Human Torch. So the rumor is the characters will appear in other comic books, there just won't be an FF book.

LOL. Remember when Marvel just cared about making comics? Now it's movies first, comics second. Understandable, I guess given how much money they rake in.

In all honesty, I think I like Marvel (Studios) movies better than Marvel comics. At least better than MODERN Marvel comics. They stay true to the characters and it's so much more streamlined and easier to follow. The comics are just a mess of titles that are all event-driven and renumber every year. And there's at least one story per year where you have to buy titles you don't usually get just to follow. Who knows how may Avengers and X-Men comics there are currently? See a new #1 with a creative team you really like? Chances are they're only on the book as part of a one-story line attention grabber. You like the current roster on a team book? They rotate them after every major "event" to shake things up. In six issues they'll probably replace Rogue with North Star. And they're expensive.

If they trimmed the fat of titles, cut it down to maybe 20 or so books, had ONE Spider-Man title, ONE X-Men title, etc. it would be so much better.

Sorry for the OT rant. But we've established that no one is looking forward to FF. It's OK.

But we've established that no one is looking forward to FF. It's OK.

Looking forward to it? No. On the other hand, I don't dread it either. At this point, I've lowered my standard set of superhero movie-expectations to their absolute rock-bottom fall back point: a hot female lead and some decent action figures.

LOL. Remember when Marvel just cared about making comics? Now it's movies first, comics second. Understandable, I guess given how much money they rake in.

In all honesty, I think I like Marvel (Studios) movies better than Marvel comics. At least better than MODERN Marvel comics. They stay true to the characters and it's so much more streamlined and easier to follow. The comics are just a mess of titles that are all event-driven and renumber every year. And there's at least one story per year where you have to buy titles you don't usually get just to follow. Who knows how may Avengers and X-Men comics there are currently? See a new #1 with a creative team you really like? Chances are they're only on the book as part of a one-story line attention grabber. You like the current roster on a team book? They rotate them after every major "event" to shake things up. In six issues they'll probably replace Rogue with North Star. And they're expensive.

If they trimmed the fat of titles, cut it down to maybe 20 or so books, had ONE Spider-Man title, ONE X-Men title, etc. it would be so much better.

Sorry for the OT rant. But we've established that no one is looking forward to FF. It's OK.

Precisely the reason why the "cancelling" of the Fantastic Four books if it indeed is happening doesn't bother me that much with over 650 issues you can pretty much say the FF has had a good run, that's not to say they can't still tell good stories with them but there's always the risk of crap being published in some lame attempt to shake up that Fantastic Four and bring you something never done before. As for the movie don't really care either way anymore I have come to expect crap from Fox when it comes to superhero movies anyway so let them do what they want; in a perfect I would have a nice high budget Fantastic Four tv show telling some classic Lee/Kirby/Byrne stories. That said I wish Marvel really wanted to spite Fox and cancelled the X books, I could do without 99.9% of them.

That said I wish Marvel really wanted to spite Fox and called the X books, i could do with about 99.9% of them.

That crossed my mind when I read this as well. Not for long, of course, because that would never happen in a million years. I love X-Men and if they would just publish ONE good title a month and be satisfied with that, I'd be giddy!

Regardless, Fox appears to be righting the ship with that franchise, at least. The upcoming Apocalypse movie should tell us a lot more about where this franchise is headed but DOFP appeared to be aiming in the right direction. Marvel probably doesn't have to resort to sabotage tactics with that franchise yet.

Regardless, Fox appears to be righting the ship with that franchise, at least.

As far as the X-franchise is concerned, I'm not sure if its so much them "righting the ship" as just following the tide. X-Men may not be part of the MCU, but they're feeling the effects of it, nonetheless.

Thanks to Avengers, and movies like it, the days of making comic book adaptions that spend two hours APOLOGIZING for being based on a comic book are over. Or, to answer Cyclops' question: Yes, we would prefer 'yellow spandex' . . . and the Shi'ar . . . and Sentinels . . . and climactic battles that aren't confined to the head and right arm of the Statue of Liberty.

Regardless, Fox appears to be righting the ship with that franchise, at least.

As far as the X-franchise is concerned, I'm not sure if its so much them "righting the ship" as just following the tide. X-Men may not be part of the MCU, but they're feeling the effects of it, nonetheless.

Thanks to Avengers, and movies like it, the days of making comic book adaptions that spend two hours APOLOGIZING for being based on a comic book are over. Or, to answer Cyclops' question: Yes, we would prefer 'yellow spandex' . . . and the Shi'ar . . . and Sentinels . . . and climactic battles that aren't confined to the head and right arm of the Statue of Liberty.

Bring on the yellow spandex.