New Fantastic Four movie

featofstrength

Maybe their object is to make an FF movie so bad that even Disney wont care for it, so they'll buy the rights back from them outright....either way I never saw the first FF series & prolly won't see this one either...I have yet to watch Amazing Spider-man & really don't have the inclination to do as such...I've been let down & suckered so many times by Hollyweird concerning Superhero Movies anymore its just safer to stick to the comic book story lines that made my childhood great...that makes me closed-minded I know but when they take too many liberties w/the storylines & insult the fan base who made these damn things popular in the first place its time my $ showed its appreciation elsewhere....

to me, Doctor Doom is the best Marvel villain. He got boned the last go-round, and it looks like he's gonna get boned again. LAME.

yes, apparently Dr. Doom's PHD is in proctology. it's a shame too, because i agree, he is one of marvel's very best villains.

Are you frigging kidding me??? Why why why???? Why are they messing with the first family of Marvel!! The comic book that got me seriously into comics!! Oi, Victoria Von Doom!! I hope this film flops hard!!!!

Welp, looks like it's official:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/fox-fantastic-four-cast-gets-fans-spastic-142310707.html

I've accepted the race swap gimmick more or less. For whatever reason, that's going to be a factor going forward in comicgeek movies. I like Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. When there were rumors of Spidey turning black I said, "Eh...go for it". But those required no explaination. You just accepted that in that particular universe, this character is a different race.

Here--in the name of being PC--you're going to have to take a break from the plot and action to get at least one explaination as to why brother and sister Storm are no longer the same race. It likely won't affect the story either way, but it will still be force in.

Just to be PC.

There's Fox for you. Ugh, never again. I learned my lesson with their films.

and that is saying alot since FOX hasn't done a good one yet

A good FF or good comic book movie?

If FF, True. Why does a do-over have to be so radical in change? Could they not identify the problems with the previous movies? (hint one: Doctor D___)

a good Comic book movie. period.

really? someone is seeing those X-men movies. X-2 is one of the tops for me

Yeah, Mystique? growl!!!! :wub:

First off I'm all for diversity and would love to see more african american superheroes but not at the expense of turning established characters black for the sake of a trend. Nick Fury was black but that could be explained as the Ultimate Universe Nick Fury which was always intended as a homage and future casting choice for Samuel L. Jackson. Fox cannot even claim they're doing the ultimate comics verison of the Johnny Storm character because he's still very much white. The is simply a matter of a studio liking one performance by an actor and immediately coming to an assumption that this character is best suited for him. The fans the driving force behind these movies should always be considered for these films. If Hollywood is so fraking desperate for a black comic book movie adapt John Stewart as GL get a Luke Cage movie out there, do not turn Johnny Storm black for the sake of having a black character in your film. Second Fox has to be aware that adults 50 and over will still trek to see a Fantastic Four film, they've outrightly ignored this demographic and the comic demographic at that by putting this schlock together. To them this is a big waste of money and talent. Turning Dr. Doom into a woman will be the final straw. In my opinion I think Kate Mara would have made a fantastic Invisible Woman however the wrong project was chosen.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the first 2 FF movies they had their problems and issues but minus F**king up doom they're were good, you know what screw it Doom is my fav villain and i'm tired of him being screwed over, atleast they get him right in the cartoons

First off I'm all for diversity and would love to see more african american superheroes but not at the expense of turning established characters black for the sake of a trend. Nick Fury was black but that could be explained as the Ultimate Universe Nick Fury which was always intended as a homage and future casting choice for Samuel L. Jackson. Fox cannot even claim they're doing the ultimate comics verison of the Johnny Storm character because he's still very much white. The is simply a matter of a studio liking one performance by an actor and immediately coming to an assumption that this character is best suited for him. The fans the driving force behind these movies should always be considered for these films. If Hollywood is so fraking desperate for a black comic book movie adapt John Stewart as GL get a Luke Cage movie out there, do not turn Johnny Storm black for the sake of having a black character in your film. Second Fox has to be aware that adults 50 and over will still trek to see a Fantastic Four film, they've outrightly ignored this demographic and the comic demographic at that by putting this schlock together. To them this is a big waste of money and talent. Turning Dr. Doom into a woman will be the final straw. In my opinion I think Kate Mara would have made a fantastic Invisible Woman however the wrong project was chosen.

I totally agree with you, if they're so in need of BSH Movies how bout Djimon Hounsou for Black Panther or Michael Jai White for Luke Cage, they want to go crazy do a Miles Morales Ultimate Spiderman movie

• 3 weeks later...

hoping this rumor rings true..."Fox Looking To Dump Fantastic Four Director, Screenplay And Recast, Six Months Before They Are Due To Shoot"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/14/fox-looking-to-dump-fantastic-four-director-screenplay-and-recast-six-months-before-they-are-due-to-shoot/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This would be fine with me. Unfortunately I've learnt not to put too much faith in these online "news" hacks who are none too good at a main part of their job (basic spelling).

I actually bought the first FF movie last night at Half Price Books. Two disk extended cut for $3. Why not? It will likely end up being better than the new one.

hoping this rumor rings true..."Fox Looking To Dump Fantastic Four Director, Screenplay And Recast, Six Months Before They Are Due To Shoot"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/14/fox-looking-to-dump-fantastic-four-director-screenplay-and-recast-six-months-before-they-are-due-to-shoot/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This would be fine with me. Unfortunately I've learnt not to put too much faith in these online "news" hacks who are none too good at a main part of their job (basic spelling).

I actually bought the first FF movie last night at Half Price Books. Two disk extended cut for $3. Why not? It will likely end up being better than the new one.

Im waiting for a decent quality bootleg of the Corman FF movie to arrive in the mail...been a looooong time since ive seen it. Budget be damned: the best FF movie so far.

• 1 month later...

The new movie will be (you guessed it) MORE GRITTY AND REALISTIC!!!! HAZAH!!!

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/fantastic-four-more-gritty-realistic-064900493.html

@titanic@

I could've sworn the Fantastic Four was Marvel, not DC. @hmmm@ @smilepunch@

• 2 months later...

JOSH TRANK FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COMICS

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/josh-trank-fantastic-four-movie-has-nothing-do-comics

"I've never been a fan of comics, I've never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions. The one fact is I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this."