Nguyen_Dragon

TOYSRUS Exclusive X-Men Boxset...

I looked at this set for a long time in the store before deciding to leave it on the shelf. At first glace it looks great but I think I agree with what everyone else is saying. The reviews I've seen online didn't sway me to pick it up either.

No-boots Iceman, an Angel with non-articulated "back pack" wings, a supposedly teenage Cyclops that's just as buff as his adult action figure counterpart...I think that's what buggs me most. These are TEENAGERS. Sculpt them that way!

I think you can actually make the case for the pre-ML Toy Biz set over this one. I just pulled mine out last night, I think they're pretty cool.

I also debated on this set but it just seemed like they really rushed through it....it's a shame too w/a little better craftsmanship & articulation I prolly woulda bit on this set....I'm sure well see X-factor colors in these guys by SDCC-time....

I really like the set. Much more than I thought I would.

Draven

I saw this set today...the box art was gorgeous, and the figures looked really good to me. I just couldn't afford it.

I passed on them. The boxset didn't appeal to me, plus i already have to TB one from 10 years ago.. ;)

I used to have that set, but I sold it years ago. *sigh* It came in a great-looking commemorative box, and I remember the figures themselves looking a little off with odd proportions and what-not, but it seemed to match the classic artwork of the original run of books from back on the day, so it was entirely appropriate.

wow really?? These are not up to Hasbro Standards but the last few years Hasbro has been blowing TB away. I hate most TB ML now, awkward porportions. Useless articulation. Even sloppier pants than Hasbro. The worst female head sculpts in the modern age @loll@ I could keep going. To each their own though

Draven

I admit that Hasbro does the female characters better.. in some cases, MUCH better.

but to me, Hasbro hasn't even begun to approach the craftsmanship that Toybiz gave us.

I am curious to hear which Hasbro figures from the past few years have been blowing Toybiz away

much agree with this. Toybiz is the benchmark of figures we collectors dreamed of for years. Looking at my Toy Biz Marvel Legends Juggernaut, Beast, Namor, Omega Red, Nightcrawler, etc, they're nearly

the accurate representation of what we've seen in comics or the animated series.

Each figure is distinct and unique. Few repaints or reuse of body molds from the Toybiz series. Glad, Ive collected those. I dont think there would be any figure series as attentive to detail, and creativity as the Toybiz ML.

wow really?? These are not up to Hasbro Standards but the last few years Hasbro has been blowing TB away. I hate most TB ML now, awkward porportions. Useless articulation. Even sloppier pants than Hasbro. The worst female head sculpts in the modern age @loll@ I could keep going. To each their own though

Draven

I admit that Hasbro does the female characters better.. in some cases, MUCH better.

but to me, Hasbro hasn't even begun to approach the craftsmanship that Toybiz gave us.

I am curious to hear which Hasbro figures from the past few years have been blowing Toybiz away

much agree with this. Toybiz is the benchmark for figures we collectors dreamed of for years. Looking at my Toy Biz Marvel Legends Juggernaut, Beast, Namor, Omega Red, Nightcrawler, etc, they're nearly

the accurate representation of what we've seen in comics or the animated series.

Each figure is distinct and unique. Largest collection of body molds from the Toybiz line, if there were repaints, one could hardly notice. Glad, Ive collected those. I dont think there would be any figure series as attentive to detail, and creativity as the Toybiz ML did.