What are you reading?

FUGAYZIE

I did a quick search and didn’t see anything like this, so...

Growing up I was never a reader. With the exception of comic books, I've read a total of two books all the way up through high school. I read the lion the witch and the wardrobe and catcher in the rye. However, after I saw the fourth harry potter movie I was to interested to wait for the next movie, so I went to the library and picked up the next chapter. I made it through the rest of the HP books and realized that I loved reading! For the life of me I couldn’t understand why I didn’t like it when I was younger. Since then, I've read a lot of books. Personally, I'm more into fiction than non-fiction, but sometimes I'll find a n-f book that catches my interest. I'd love to hear what others are reading too. maybe there's some other great stories out there that I'm unaware of :D

Currently I'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm more than half way through it and I really like it. I picked up the boxed set, so I have the luxury of being able to read all three in one fell swoop :)

Another series that I really enjoyed that is relatively unknown is:

Gregor the Overlander by Susan Collins (author of hunger games)

I tend to read commentaries, philosophy and history books , but the next fun book I hope to read is Zelda and Theology, been holding onto it for a year though, so who knows when I'll get to it.

I am juggling a few different books right now, World War Z ( nothing like the movie other than the title, but great read so far) , The Strain trilogy by Guillermo del Toro ( I have all three books but think I need to reread book one since I read it when it first came out), and American Bullies by Rand Paul ( great read so far, shocked, but not really surprised at some of the stories). I have Brad Meltzer's latest that I will get to when I get through a couple of those.

• 2 weeks later...

i finished Divergent, read book two of the series - Insurgent, and am now reading the third/final book Allegiant. everything thus far has been very entertaining :)

• 4 weeks later...

finished the divergent series. it was pretty good. the ending was not quite what i expected, but fitting i guess.

i tried to read Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling...never got passed the first 50 pages. i just couldnt get into it. not sure what to read now. can't think of anything worth while at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

i finished Divergent, read book two of the series - Insurgent, and am now reading the third/final book Allegiant. everything thus far has been very entertaining :)

$100 says Allegiant will be made into TWO movies instead of one (squeeze all you can out of those franchises, Hollywood!).

I'm reading Storm of Swords. I cheated because I did not read the two previous books and I started half way through. But I DID see the first three seasons of Game of Thrones so I'm gambling that that will be enough for me to understand what's going on. I'll probably just read the rest of the books from here on out because it will be another year before I can see GOT season 4.

• 2 weeks later...

$100 says Allegiant will be made into TWO movies instead of one (squeeze all you can out of those franchises, Hollywood!).

i'd bet you're right. doing that works well for two reasons; one - you get a more accurate and better paced movie, two - hollywood makes more $$$.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...