So I'm at Target and hear parents searching for Joe toys

GPM in ICT

So I'm at Target yesterday checking out the toy aisle reset and not finding the couple of things I was looking for when I over hear some parents looking for Joe toys. Apparently there son, who was about 7 or so, has been watching a Joe cartoon and wants toys (I guess reruns of Renegades on the HUB). The Mother said something about being surprised there aren't any toys out for the cartoon and their son liking the movie and then the Dad said something about "well maybe the cartoon was older, but wasn't what he remembered watching".

This is what Hasbro needs to figure out. Yes there are people out there looking for stuff, but if it's not there they'll move on to something else. Most parents don't want to have to hunt for toys or order online. They don't want to have to drive miles out of their way to go to Toys R Us. They want to be able to go to their local Walmart and get something for their kids while they are picking up whatever to make for dinner that night. Now I know it's not all Hasbro's fault, after all a store has to order a product, but do you think Transformers would be doing as well if they only produced a new movie every two or three years and only mades toys for it then? No it's about having a movie, and tv shows and multiple toylines (movie, tv series and Rescue bot for Transformers). They have it for every other brand they produce (whether they own the brand or it's licensed), so why don't they put that effort into Joe?

So I'm at Target yesterday checking out the toy aisle reset and not finding the couple of things I was looking for when I over hear some parents looking for Joe toys. Apparently there son, who was about 7 or so, has been watching a Joe cartoon and wants toys (I guess reruns of Renegades on the HUB). The Mother said something about being surprised there aren't any toys out for the cartoon and their son liking the movie and then the Dad said something about "well maybe the cartoon was older, but wasn't what he remembered watching".

This is what Hasbro needs to figure out. Yes there are people out there looking for stuff, but if it's not there they'll move on to something else. Most parents don't want to have to hunt for toys or order online. They don't want to have to drive miles out of their way to go to Toys R Us. They want to be able to go to their local Walmart and get something for their kids while they are picking up whatever to make for dinner that night. Now I know it's not all Hasbro's fault, after all a store has to order a product, but do you think Transformers would be doing as well if they only produced a new movie every two or three years and only mades toys for it then? No it's about having a movie, and tv shows and multiple toylines (movie, tv series and Rescue bot for Transformers). They have it for every other brand they produce (whether they own the brand or it's licensed), so why don't they put that effort into Joe?

Amen to that brother.....the only place to buy Joes here are at the Fry's Grocery Chain here....TRU is a Joke they never have Joes in....