Mattel 6" Total Heroes New 52 Batman Figure Video Review & Images

The Wire

I highly doubt I'll be collecting this line, but on the whole...that doesn't look bad at all.

It doesn't. But everybody here already owns a better Batman figure than this. Ditto with the rest of the figures that will be coming down the pike.

I'm completely indifferent to this line. I ain't picking them up, but I also won't curse Mattel for stopping DCUC and replacing it with this. Maybe the kids will bite, but adult collectors already own better versions of these guys.

Maybe the kids will bite, but adult collectors already own better versions of these guys.

Hate to say it, but speaking as an adult collector, those cloth capes give these guys a big leg up on DCUC. Super articulation always seemed so wasted on figures that couldn't even sit down.

I got this...

pTRU1-12350370dt.jpg

repainted in black with silver highlights...pretty close to 6in scale...but I have very few Batmen that can sit n fit due to capes. I love this car, so this new figure looks like a win to me.

I highly doubt I'll be collecting this line, but on the whole...that doesn't look bad at all.

Maybe the kids will bite, but adult collectors already own better versions of these guys.

I think that's certainly what they're going for, between the stylings and the considerably-less-than-DCUC price, but I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much articulation they're offering for a $12 pricepoint, particularly given the clearly more collector-oriented 4" Multiverse line only costs a couple dollars less.

Of course in two or three years Mattel will cancel this line as well, and a bunch of collectors will balk. Such is the way of things.

I think that's certainly what they're going for, between the stylings and the considerably-less-than-DCUC price, but I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much articulation they're offering for a $12 pricepoint, particularly given the clearly more collector-oriented 4" Multiverse line only costs a couple dollars less.

Of course in two or three years Mattel will cancel this line as well, and a bunch of collectors will balk. Such is the way of things.

Kids lines only last two or three years regardless. They have low attention spans.

This line is a disgrace and I do curse Mattel for producing it.

Reason 1: the sculpts are horrible and look like those awful imaginex figures. Why produce something like this when wyou can do something as awesome as DCUC?

Reason 2: New sculpts arent going to make up for bad marketing and bad line mamagement. Who is Mattel going to blame WHEN this line fails? Certainly not the customers because this line isnt going to bought by the same people that bought DCUC.

Reason 3: This line disrespects those 61% who bought into the DCIE 2014. Instead of making something for a guarenteed fan base, they are producing something that may or may not sale at all.

Reason 4: There is DC overkill in the toy isles from Mattel, Hasbro, Kenner, and DC Collectables. Its been that way since the Dark Knight collection of the early 1990's. If Mattel really wants to sale DC figures, they need to push something that is really going to sale and market the hell out of it. They had the vehilce in the DCUC line, they just refused to produce the figures that fans wanted and they didnt push it to moms and kids. For Christ sake they put ADULT COLLECTOR on the package.

Screw Mattel and the Total Heroes Line.

Kids lines only last two or three years regardless. They have low attention spans.

Or as long as the cartoon the figs are based on airs on TV

Or as long as the cartoon the figs are based on airs on TV

Which, again, is two or three years :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine tonight and reviewed him a few minutes ago here: Total Heroes Batman Review

I actually really like him. He's much more articulated than you would think and the accessories are pretty cool.

I actually think he kind of looks like the Greg Capullo artwork from the New 52 Batman series.

• 1 month later...

Hate to say it, but speaking as an adult collector, those cloth capes give these guys a big leg up on DCUC. Super articulation always seemed so wasted on figures that couldn't even sit down.

I got this...

pTRU1-12350370dt.jpg

repainted in black with silver highlights...pretty close to 6in scale...but I have very few Batmen that can sit n fit due to capes. I love this car, so this new figure looks like a win to me.

Man, if Mattel doesn't re-release the Total Destruction Batmobile from the Batman: Power Attack line into this Total Heroes line, but this time make it black like they orginially were going to release it in the Power Attack line, then they've really not only drop the ball, but also lost out on a oppuntinuity to re-use the scuplt of this Batmobile again. Because they would only have to slight rescuplt some of the Batman logos if they had to do any rescuplting. Here's a link from Batman: YTB the listing of this Batmobile, which includes the early prototype picture of the toy:

- http://www.batmanytb.com/tiki-index.php?page=Total+Destruction+Batmobile+%28Batman+Power+Attack+Vehicles+and+Playsets%29

I'm surprised there was no announcement of this at all during Toy Fair 2014. Seems like a no brainer. I mean, I can see them be hesitent on selling other DC related vehicles in Total Heroes, but they must at least figure a Batmobile in the Total Heroes line would at least sell, since it's Batman, and it is The Batmobile.