Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer is up!

yojoebro82

The other thread went from moaning exclusively about Electro to moaning about the whole franchise in general, so I thought I'd just make a new thread for the trailer and if we want we can continue to moan about the franchise here (or the mods can just merge the two, I don't care). So here's the trailer:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/5/5177850/amazing-spider-man-2-first-trailer

With Ock arms and Vulture wings, it looks like they're trying to get the Sinister Six out there ASAP. If that's their grand plan, then I guess there's good reason to cram three villains in at once. And if Avengers can juggle multiple heroes successfully then why can't another movie do the same with bad guys? I don't know. SM 3 turned out bad with three villains so that's why I'm weary, but we'll just have to watch the movie to judge.

• 1 month later...

wow. this looks like one of the worst comic movies ever.

Spiderman himself looks fantastic. Everything else looks terrible. .... especially the Rhino and Green Goblin

I just don't understand how some of these people have jobs in Hollywood

Spiderman himself looks fantastic. Everything else looks terrible. .... especially the Rhino and Green Goblin

It's not that the bad guys don't LOOK the same as they do in your old comic books. Far from it.

It's just this "Fight as many people as possible, blow up, blow up, blow up, save a female from falling into a fireball, in slow motion, man this is going to be SO epic!" movie formula is getting tired.

It's not that the bad guys don't LOOK the same as they do in your old comic books. Far from it.

It's just this "Fight as many people as possible, blow up, blow up, blow up, save a female from falling into a fireball, in slow motion, man this is going to be SO epic!" movie formula is getting tired.

I agree...they need to start coming up with new themes and ideas.

• 2 months later...

IGN UK reviews ASM 2..."Tangled Web"...rating: 6.9/10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/09/amazing-spider-man-2-review

"clunky storytelling" and wasted villains...

sounds like they're more concerned with making sure there are sequel set-ups than being cohesively engaging

Well, fist, I don't believe anything I read in any kind of online "news" articles. No mater what the topic.

That said, this didn't tell me anything I didn't already suspect. Awesome action: Yes, it's pretty much ALL awesome action in any of these movies these days. They have computers that can make anything that you want to happen happen on screen. So I guessed that. Too many villains clutter things up and hamper the story: Yes, I could guess that too. I've seen Spider-Man 3 and the Schumacker Batmans. I know what happens when the studio mandates that you cram in as much stuff as possible.

I don't know if I'll see this one in theaters yet. I just got a really awesome action figure of a Spider-Man villain (Scorpion) which has sort of put me in a Spider-Man mood, but I may just put in the first two Tobey Spidey films and be happy with that.