guilty pleasure toys

Dragonrider1227

basically, are there any toys you've bought or want that are hardly "collectors items?" or simply toys you wouldn't typically expect adult collectors to own?

For me first off I do have an Applejack from the My little pony: Friendship is magic line and have been considering at least getting the rest of the Mane 6. Though I don't think I'm brony enough to want absolutely everyone in the series. (Though if they ever make Daring Do, I'm there)

second, lately I've been eyeing the Jake and the Neverland pirates toys. Mainly for some toy comic ideas I have but I can't help but just want some of them in general principle XD Though I'm drawing the line at the playsets. I mean, it's nice to know the playset concept isn't completely dead but what am I going to do with Jake's ship Bucky or his pirate island playset? Though the Skull Rock set with Peter Pan is tempting.

So, I admitted my guilty little secrets. How about you guys?

Frankly, as the prices get higher, the toys get lamer, and the toy companies get more dishonest ALL action figures begin to feel like guilty pleasures. I can however confess to having one or two pieces that meet your criteria.

Back when Lanard's Corps! line was still using knock-off o-ring bodies they did a sub-line for girls. I can't remember the name of the line, but much like the regular Corps! offerings they were female Joe-type figures that each came with a truck-load of accessories. Over time I picked up three because, as you may have noticed, girl characters have never really been a priority with the Has'. There was a bicycle cop, a lifeguard, and a veterinarian.

Similarly, a company who's name escapes me produced a series of 6" scale Britney Spears and Mandy Moore figures back in the early '00's. They were basically just smaller versions of the Barbie-style fashion dolls the company made with only 5 POA and slightly out of scale heads (apparently to accommodate rooted hair). Still, my superhero displays were aching for some damsel in distress action to break up the monotony of a hunch of guys posing, and there was only so much I could do with a MacFarlane Dana Scully, so Britney and Mandy joined the family.

More recently, I was out Christmas shopping with my sister when I happened upon, of all things, a Dora the Explorer bathroom playset. A vanity, a toilet, a bathtub, and what might have been a litterbox (hey, the monkey has to go somewhere). Best of all, they were all in Joe-Scale, or at least close enough for government work. Granted, the styling is a little . . . ahem . . . effeminate to join the Power Team Elite Bunk-beds in the Joe barracks, but I was tempted nonetheless.

Frankly, as the prices get higher, the toys get lamer, and the toy companies get more dishonest ALL action figures begin to feel like guilty pleasures. I can however confess to having one or two pieces that meet your criteria.

Amen Mako.....I have a little bit of everything due to my obsession to garage sales but I'd have to say I dig some of the weirder Playmobile Sets, ex. Crocodile Swamp Set, Circus Sets, Spy sets, The littler Marvel & Batman, Star Wars Imagine Next type sets are awesome, wish I could snag some of those, even the WWE figs I would like to pick up but my toy collecting is focused to my childhood toys which I do dig the 6 inch figs as they don't take up quite as much space ala Star Wars Black, Tmnt Classics, Motu Classics.....the "Lego" type block sets for Halo, World of Warcraft are very cool but I pass on those too, there's only so much I can buy w/out starving or paying my bills so......ooh I forgot the Call of Duty Sets that just came out those are pretty tasty too.....most of the Neca Movie Lines...wish I could afford the Pacific Rim toys but those are out my range of collecting....wow there's so much that can be labeled as such, great thread...oops I didn't read the topic right....These are Toys I don't own but would like to own if I only had the $ & space.....I have some older Lego Dollhouse set I picked up at a garage sale along time ago....I bust it out when my nieces come over....

• 3 years later...

This falls in the Category of *Guilty Pleasures* (*said in a soft whisper)....I don't think I've ever bought a toy from the 99 Cents Only store but here we are....through the Windshield glass.....my gf found this cool Bart Simpson....I still remember the good old days when Ronnie Beck was dominating the Springfield Soap Box races...it was a different time back then.....before Lil Lightin'.....I think its cool...it'll sit in the garage of my Simpsons Lego House....

20170211_185037_zpsl7kanylk.jpg?t=148704

Time for some more *guilty pleasure* (*softly whispered) finds...or buys....I jumped on the slightly affordable nostalgia train for minute...back in the day I remember getting a few of these from McDonalds...I had to beg like Heck to get my mom to stop.....we used to trade these at recess...the teacher would get pissed & take them away from us cause we weren't paying attention......the regular Stompers were cool too but thought these ones were awesomeness, they had rubber like tires & great paint jobs....I thing I have few more to get but for now this was a awesome trip down remember town.....

20170217_233345_zpsek6bgewh.jpg