Paul Walker RIP

SKYWARP

After seeing the photo of the wreck. Yeah, he didn't walk away from that one. Not wanting to sound cold here but its ironic the guy would be killed in a car crash being in the Fast and The Furious movies. My condolences to his family.

it is an ironic situation. so sad. i feel especially bad for his 15 yr old daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

How awful. I was extremely saddened by the news. For any of those unaware, Paul wasn't actually driving the car... he was the passenger. He was also leaving a kid's charity event. By all account's he was a great guy. Will be missed.

For any of those unaware, Paul wasn't actually driving the car... he was the passenger. He was also leaving a kid's charity event.

Point?

I wasn't the one speeding?

Of course 'you' werent the one speeding, Cap. Unless you're a puddle of goo typing this message from a closed casket.

Here's my point: Yes, it is a tragedy, but it could have easily been avoided. Walker was still a gearhead. Im sure he put the hammer down and cheated death with unncecessary horsepower many times over. Driving or not, it was the lifestyle that caught up with him. Choices, free will, risks, and cheap thrills...he is not without some fault.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/take-look-paul-walkers-stunning-car-collection/

Great guy...stupid, selfish choices.

DON'T #$## AROUND WITH DANGEROUS TOYS, KIDS.

For any of those unaware, Paul wasn't actually driving the car... he was the passenger. He was also leaving a kid's charity event.

Point?

I wasn't the one speeding?

Of course 'you' werent the one speeding, Cap. Unless you're a puddle of goo typing this message from a closed casket.

Here's my point: Yes, it is a tragedy, but it could have easily been avoided. Walker was still a gearhead. Im sure he put the hammer down and cheated death with unncecessary horsepower many times over. Driving or not, it was the lifestyle that caught up with him. Choices, free will, risks, and cheap thrills...he is not without some fault.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/take-look-paul-walkers-stunning-car-collection/

Great guy...stupid, selfish choices.

DON'T #$## AROUND WITH DANGEROUS TOYS, KIDS.

Obviously I meant to say "he".

• 3 weeks later...

So now their saying the car was going over a 100 mph.

Im sure Paul was telling his friend to slow down and drive safely and not "LET'S OPEN THIS BABY UP, WOOOOOOOO!!!"

He probably had no idea that his friend would try something like that when he decided to get in the car...he was basically a hostage.

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder how far along FF7 they were and how they plan to handle his character...

From what Ive read across various sites...They were have shot half of it and were behind schedule. They still needed to do some shooting in Dubai and most of the sceens left to do were his.

They met after the accident to decide what course to take, restart or continue, they chose to continue. Production is on hiatus while they adapt the script but they plan to release in April of 2015...

Paul Walkers death is a real tragedy, not because he was a celebrity, but because he used his celebrity status to help people and he wanted to do it for the sake of doing it, not for the attention. He was a certified medic, went to Haiti and Alabama after the hurricane. The fundraiser he was at before his death was to help the Philippines.

He started his career when he was a kid to bring in extra income for his family. He continued acting to pay his way through college to become a marine biologist. He came from a large close knit family that he used his wealth to help. His 15 year old daughter had just come to live with him and he kept his girlfriend out of the lime light.

He will go down in pop culture history as an American Icon in the vein of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and Elvis Presley. He deserves it more than Dean, Monroe, or Elvis do. He was a good and humble man who did what he could to help people and his family. We need more men like him. The best way to remember him is to donate to Reach Out World Wide, the organization he founded to offer aide around the world.

R.I.P

He will go down in pop culture history as an American Icon in the vein of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and Elvis Presley.

:huh:

Well...at least in the small percentage that like movies where cars go vroom real fast.

I think you are trivializing his charitable work....

He will go down in pop culture history as an American Icon in the vein of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and Elvis Presley.

:huh:

Well...at least in the small percentage that like movies where cars go vroom real fast.

I think you are trivializing his charitable work....

You can have Norma Jean and Dean...

Well, Elvis did serve his country when it called. Fellow soldiers have attested to Presley's wish to be seen as an able, ordinary soldier, despite his fame, and to his generosity. He donated his Army pay to charity, purchased TV sets for the base, and bought an extra set of fatigues for everyone in his outfit. He also performed many benefit concerts for various charities including Memphis locals, The Pearl Harbor memorial, and cancer funds throughout his career.

When a man lovingly called THE KING by his subjects steps down at the height of his reign to help those in need...and you wanna put Paul Walker on the same level? who's trivializing?

Should I defend the legend of Steve McQueen next?