Do you like the 5 POA Star Wars figures

JLA

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the 5 POA Star Wars figures

• Yes
    • No

Well so far my answer is no, Right now Hasbro 3/4 figures not just Star Wars, but Marvel with the 5 POA isn't helping. If this is the road that Hasbro is doing them I'm done unless when the new movies come out if they have more POA. The Rebel line is going to suck next year. So what do you think?

You know I actually bought a 5 POA Anakin and Obi Wan. I did it because I'm a POTF 2 fan and those are all more or less 5 POA and I thought they'd fit right in. And they did. But then I was looking and realized that now I had TWO versions of Anakin and Obi Wan from Episode III...a movie that I don't even like that much...the new 5 POA versions and the "better" versions that actually have articulation (from one of the Saga/Legends/Classics/"vintage" lines from a few years back. I have no idea which). So I returned them.

IF they did a 5 POA version of an OT character that hasn't been done, I'd bite. But they've ALL been done.

I wouldn't worry about the figures going forward into the new movie. They'll do fully articulated 3 3/4" figures. It will just a matter of whether of not you want to pay $15+ a piece or not.

I don't buy them, but I will say that they look like the best 5 POA action figures you can get. The sculpting and detailing and such are pretty excellent on a lot of them (at least where the Star Wars line is concerned).

If nothing else they'd be good "Desk Fodder" for workplace decoration and the like.

I didn't vote since l have a mixed opinion on these. On the whole, l personally think most of these look like crap, with 2 exceptions.

I shelled out for the Jango/red BD 2 pack and the single card Yoda.

The Jango is a nice mold, if a little thick (can't really say 'steroided'), but l'm a Mando whore, so l got it. The BD is a rehash, but a decent one.

The Yoda figure really shines, IMHO. You don't necessarily need a super articulated version of Yoda (wrist and ankle movement would have been nice, but aren't really needed), but what really makes it work for me is how the head post is done. You can get a lot of expression and subtle movement since the neck conceals the post. With the head and neck being one piece, that subtle design difference offers an effect that l think really makes it great. Yes, it's a prequel version, but this is actually my favorite Yoda figure that had ever been made right now.

If all the '5 POA' figures were done this well, l'd be a convert, but as yet, Yoda is the only gem so far.

Just my 2 cents.