All good things must come to an end...

Devilbat

So I have a bittersweet bit of news for you all...after almost seventeen years of living in a tiny apartment, my wife and I finally bought a house. We've wished and prayed and waited and looked and saved and hoped for so long, and now it's finally a reality. I'll finally have my man-cave, complete with an extra room to display my stuff in. I've collected and stored stuff away for so long, it's gonna be like a hundred Christmas mornings all rolled into one opening all of that stuff and actually having it all on display for a change. Unfortunately, I'll have to quit collecting, at least for the time being, because we'll be on a tight budget, and I just won't be able to afford it anymore. I could perhaps sell some stuff, but I've done that before, and I've always regretted it. It's also up in the air right now if we'll even be able to afford internet service at first, so I may go away for a little, especially since TNI is blocked where I work.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because getting a house has been a dream come true for us, and it's so surreal. It felt like at times it was never going to happen, and now it is finally, after all these years. I think I can give up collecting toys for a little while in order to pay for a house. I just wanted to let you all know what was going on in case I suddenly disappear from the boards and no one knows what happened to me. Collecting and hanging out with you guys all this time has been a big part of my life, and it's been a big part of the fun of the hobby for me. It's just going to have to be one of the minor sacrifices I have to make to have a new home. Is that called growing up? I always wondered what that felt like... (lol)

We should be in the house in the next few days, but we want to do a few slight upgrades and a whole lot of painting; let's just say the last owner liked bright colors...a lot. (lol) So we probably won't be good and settled and finished with everything until late spring/early summer. And as soon as I get my collection room finished, I'll be sure to share pics with you guys, but I don't see that being finished until much later, when bigger priorities are taken care of, like flooring, painting, and carpet in other parts of the house, just to name a few.

So, in short, huge life change coming up. It's incredibly exciting, but I might have to give up hanging-out with you guys as much for awhile, and I'll definitely have to put my collecting on hold, unfortunately at arguably one of the most exciting times to be a collector. But hey, I've got some cool stuff. I can't feel too sorry for myself. I've been very fortunate to get what I do have. And it will be fun to just pause for a change and appreciate what I do have instead of constantly looking to get that next "fix", to hunt for that next piece (or pieces) for my collection that I can probably live without, if I were to be real honest with myself. So if I don't get to "see" you guys for awhile, thanks so very much for the great times, the camaraderie, the friendships I've made, and the joy you guys helped bring to my hobby. It was so much fun while it lasted...

P.S. I'll post as long as I can, so I probably won't disappear right away. Just don't be concerned if and when I do.

Congrats DB....once a collector always a collector.....a house will definitely keep you busier w/the upgrades & such....its great to hear you get your man-cave to display your treasures.....I see a lot of board members come & go due to schedules, life and interests changing.......no worries we'll be here still talking about the finer points of pop-culture mania.....I'll miss your rantings and ravings haha oh & pm me your new address if I send out xmas cards this year I'll send you & the missus one......thanks for helping me through my He-mania

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks y'all for the kind words. Thought I'd swing by and see what's going on. We're still not moved-in yet, but we're almost finished with the upgrades for now, and we should be able to move in by Monday evening. It's been a lot of work...my wife and I work all day, then we leave and go to the house and work on it all night. We go home and go to bed just long enough to get a good seven or so hours of sleep to start it all over the next day. We're very tired, but we're also incredibly excited. I'll sit in my empty toy room (which is purple right now, by the way) (lol) and try to imagine where I'm gonna put stuff. It's just been a dream come true for us. I just look forward to the day when I can be back on here regularly to hang out with you guys. If I don't get to in the next few days, I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and an even happier new year!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man! Well, I'm back online much sooner than I anticipated, I just may not be collecting as much for awhile. I'll just hang around and envy you all. (lol) I do still have some Christmas money left over though. I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for in stores, and I really don't want to pay shipping...

Yes, but I just blew my money on some Marvel Select figures I had put off getting. I hope to score at least some of the Captain America figures someday, but it may be a long while before I can afford any again. I'd be happy with the new Winter Soldier and Marvel Now Caps. Oh, and I need that Black Widow too... (lol)