Question about pets and comic and figure yellowing

yojoebro82

My fiance took in a new kitten. It's a foster cat. Without going into huge detail (because it would cause a rant), the kitten needs to be kept in a big cage in the bedroom for an indefinite amount of time. I have a good amount of comics and figures displayed right where his litter box is.

How big an issue is yellowing? Does it happen a lot? Fiance says she'll clean the litter box after every poop. So that's nice. I guess.

Do I need to move my stuff out?

you kidding? I wouldn't even consider keeping a litterbox in any room that I have anything I own in. that's hella disgusting.

would you display your toys or comics next to a toilet?

You can SMELL a litterbox as soon as you enter a house.. that there is enough to tell you that there is microscopic poop particles in the air settling on all of your stuff.

get rid of it

Oh no no no no no...I would not do well with that at all. You've got to consider the cat hair will get all over everything also. So there's no other room the cage could be kept in?

It's a one bedroom apt. The cage has been moved out of the bedroom. It's now in the living room where it's just as much of an eyesore but it's more away from the figures.

My fiance moved in this past summer and she brought the cat with her. I'm not much of a cat guy but I made that compromise. I cleared out a closet for his litter box, away from all my stuff. She does a good job cleaning that out, my place never smells. The cat is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes but I was warming up to him.

NOW she wants to give foster homes to kittens. Because she likes kittens. And one day while I was off at a comic con she went to this adopt-a-pet convention/seminar thingie and said she signed up to be a foster parent for a kitten. I was not crazy about this. Now there would be TWO cats in my place. But I told myself, "Well the kitten will use the same litter box and eat the same food and there's already some cat toys it can use....it won't be that big a change". Nope. THE DAY BEFORE this new foster cat arrives she tells me that we'll have to keep the kitten in this big ass cage the size of my big chair. And the kitten needs his OWN litter box and his OWN food. Because he and the other cat will need to be slowly acclimated to each other first. I was not aware of THIS part of the deal. And if I was I would have had more to say about the whole thing. There's not room in my place to set aside one half for one cat and one half for another.

She tells me one of two things will happen with this foster cat situation (in my mind I know it's one of three): 1. The kitten gets adopted and we send it off. 2. The kitten doesn't get adopted and he goes of to the animal shelter. Of course the third option is the kitten DOESN'T get adopted and we keep it.

I'm looking forward to when this extra cat gets out of here. Although she says we can keep on rotating cats in and out like this indefinitely, we WILL be done with this after that. I'd be fine with it if we had a house...not tripping over cat parafrinailia in my former bachelor pad.