ADVENTURE TEAM (4 of 5) - DIVE TO DANGER 3-3/4"

hemblecreations

RECIPE

Figure/Shark - The figure is a Deep Six which has been repainted to give it the old style feel of the original dive suit, the head is a cast of Beachhead I think and it was given a ginger/orange hair to sinulate the AT Sea Adventurer. The hands are from a indy figure and the shark is from Chap Mei and was sanded and repainted.

Equipment - The weapons, goggles and flippers came with Deep six and have been repainted, the tanks are from a 1/35 field workshop kit with added parts from the bits box and the hoses are also from the bits box and are hollow and they have been attached to the tanks and goggles.

Base - The base is from a Sideshow Indy figure and the ground work was built up using high density foam and plaster bandage and plater of paris. The red/pink and small ball/bushy lookin coral were done using clay and then painted, the stick looking coral were made using twigs from some palm trees which were cut and glued to together and tehn painted.

The orange coral I got of the beach and repainted and the leafy seaweed are plastic fishtank plants just repainted, the treasure is some pieces of 28mm playing pieces that have had some indy figure grail cups glued to them and then painted and glued to the base.

The sand is fine river sand and was glued to the base and once dry it was painted and drybrushed and the bouy was made using a plastic ball and a hole drill thru and a piece of plasticard inserted and a flag was attached using paper, once the bouy was ready I used model ship string and this wire to give it that floating in water feel.

post-17049-0-44886900-1381739136_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-50197600-1381739156_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-04044500-1381739170_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-22048600-1381739184_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-14816600-1381739206_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-69029300-1381739221_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-81030900-1381739240_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-97162000-1381739260_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-99195600-1381739281_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-62006100-1381739301_thumb.jpg

That is sweet man. I really like the look. A great throwback. This is one of the rare instances where I think the pic actually does do the figure justice. There's no way it could be cleaner than this in person. Nice pic taking technique as well. Pic #8 there really looks like it's underwater looking up at the surface. Great job!

That is sweet man. I really like the look. A great throwback. This is one of the rare instances where I think the pic actually does do the figure justice. There's no way it could be cleaner than this in person. Nice pic taking technique as well. Pic #8 there really looks like it's underwater looking up at the surface. Great job!

Thanks heaps mate.

Ron