Cap movie legends

1402057997[/url]' post='16811893']

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm heading up to south GA for the upcoming weekend and hopefully I can score one somewhere. Heres hoping....

Try K-Mart bro. It's where I found mine just 2 weeks ago.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I give up. I'm pretty sure I won't find her at retail, and even if I did, I've already started on Guardians of the Galaxy, so I broke down and bought Black Widow off Ebay. Ended up winning a complete unopened one for 26.89 and free shipping. Sure, it was 4 bucks and some change above what I'd pay at a brick 'n mortar, but its also the least I've seen one go for online. That's something at least.

Or in the words of Mr. Frey: "It's okay 'cause I got mine."

It this point, I'd call that a steal, especially for an MIB one. I could have sworn they said they were going re release cases with an even ratio this spring but it appears the BWs still get snatched up just as fast. I saw her twice. Once when I bought her and once I decided to leave on the shelf in case another collector found her and wanted her. I probably should have picked her up to help someone out. I don't think I'll see her at retail again.

Well I am happy to say that with the arrival of this afternoon's mail, I can officially wash my hands of the Widow Hunt. I have assembled my Mandroid and once again the future of toy collecting looks bright.

Now where is that Gamora . . .

Yup feel your pain guys.....I may be spoiled here but I wanted another BW so I could build another Mandroid.....I found 1 wayyyy back...but all I ever saw was 1 at retail.....1 that is it.....1....great job Hasblow executives that felt having so many different caps in a case was worth it.....I guess we would have never gotten a cap....ever...at this time Hasbro has missed out on getting more of my money as they decided they'd rather have more Baron Zemos & Red Skulls made than AIM & Hydra soldiers......I would have gladly scooped up 6 a piece of each but couldn't find them anywhere & even then the revision packs didn't even consider including them....now the line is done & what could've been extra $ in your pockets are money in someone else's.....just a hint in the future for BAF figures.....make sure the chest piece, you know the most important piece that completes the whole damn figure comes w/whatever main character you plan on releasing whether it be the 5 dozen Caps or 7 dozen Iron Mans you release please make sure that middle piece is somewhat available....at least it could be easier to build the g-damn thing or I could live w/out an arm for a chase figure piece.....I know you made your money but you could've made so much more but making half-assed character selections for the cases like these is what you do so well.....even a small time operation knows these things.....or I forgot this is rocket science

What gets me, is Hasbro is still spooning out that old "female characters don't sell as well" chestnut. In the entire time the Cap and Spidey lines have been on shelves, I have NEVER seen a BW at brick ,n mortar. I saw two Black Cats (one of which I bought) and one Spider-Girl. You tell me the girls don't move.

What gets me, is Hasbro is still spooning out that old "female characters don't sell as well" chestnut. In the entire time the Cap and Spidey lines have been on shelves, I have NEVER seen a BW at brick ,n mortar. I saw two Black Cats (one of which I bought) and one Spider-Girl. You tell me the girls don't move.

The only instance where that line of BS even begins to make sense is when your talking about a line geared exclusively toward little boys. If you're talking about the kiddie stuff....maybe that holds water.

But when companies like Hasbro and Mattel justify the high price of action figures by claiming they're geared toward the adult collector, then still try to run the "female characters don't sell" garbage, you just wanna slap someone.

The only instance where that line of BS even begins to make sense is when your talking about a line geared exclusively toward little boys. If you're talking about the kiddie stuff....maybe that holds water.

Even then, that's a BIG maybe. Look at some of these kiddie lines. Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy are all over the DC Superfriends stuff, have been for years. Go a little higher on the age-gage, you have April O'Neils, Pink Rangers, Ahsoka Tanos, Leias, all manner of female jedi, did they not get the memo? Even G.I. Joe had a G.I. Jane.

Even then, that's a BIG maybe. Look at some of these kiddie lines. Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy are all over the DC Superfriends stuff, have been for years. Go a little higher on the age-gage, you have April O'Neils, Pink Rangers, Ahsoka Tanos, Leias, all manner of female jedi, did they not get the memo? Even G.I. Joe had a G.I. Jane.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was recently in ICU for about 3 weeks with an aortic disection. While in there I was missing out on hunting and it seemed everything is hitting all at once. I have 2 main collector buddies that were trying to look out for me though. But while in the hospital, I missed out on the Tampa comic con. My one friend and I had planed to go, so he went. After I came back home, he said he wanted to come over and give me a get well present. So he did and it was a Black Widow! That was awesome. So today i finally got out to some stores, and at the second Target I hit, there she is hanging on a peg behind the caps and buckys. Unbelievable. Aint that the way it goes! I still bought it bc of shear principle. and I had the parts for a 2nd mandroid! The same friend told me today he found a gamora for me at a target out of town. So now I have the 2 teams complete! Its nice having good friends that collect different stuff than you do!

So I was recently in ICU for about 3 weeks with an aortic disection. While in there I was missing out on hunting and it seemed everything is hitting all at once. I have 2 main collector buddies that were trying to look out for me though. But while in the hospital, I missed out on the Tampa comic con. My one friend and I had planed to go, so he went. After I came back home, he said he wanted to come over and give me a get well present. So he did and it was a Black Widow! That was awesome. So today i finally got out to some stores, and at the second Target I hit, there she is hanging on a peg behind the caps and buckys. Unbelievable. Aint that the way it goes! I still bought it bc of shear principle. and I had the parts for a 2nd mandroid! The same friend told me today he found a gamora for me at a target out of town. So now I have the 2 teams complete! Its nice having good friends that collect different stuff than you do!

Nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well last night I stopped off at Target to see if they had anything new.....nothing in the way of SW's or Guardians figs so as I was leaving I just happen to glance up & see 2x Black Widow figs just hanging there winking at me.....I haven't seen this lady it had seemed ages....so I picked up another one cause I'm building another Mandroid.....its rare to one on the shelves let alone 2.....I shoulda bought a damn lottery ticket.....oops

well last night I stopped off at Target to see if they had anything new.....nothing in the way of SW's or Guardians figs so as I was leaving I just happen to glance up & see 2x Black Widow figs just hanging there winking at me.....I haven't seen this lady it had seemed ages....so I picked up another one cause I'm building another Mandroid.....its rare to one on the shelves let alone 2.....I shoulda bought a damn lottery ticket.....oops

Aren't they on sale this week too? I was thinking now may be the time to grab NOW Cap and complete Mandroid...

Yup the Capt Figs were $17.99.....not that much of sale but okay I guess I just couldn't believe I found not one but 2 BW's in the wild.......I know I have a few Mandroid arms but I need the right & left leg & the *ahem* head to complete my 2nd Mandroid now

• 3 weeks later...

Today at one Walmart they had two Stormtroopers and a AIM and Hydra soldier. It was weird to see. I guess restocks are happening. Left them all.

I would have bought both the AIM and the Hydra.

I have my fill of AIM and Hydra. At twenty bucks a pop it's really easy to pass on them.