Cap movie legends

Belmont13

Yeah, I want a Falcon figure too, but I doubt we will get onel. I picked up an extra movie figure Cap and am going to use it as a base for a custom. Hopefully someone will cast and shrink the select head.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp, gummy plastic strikes again! My Winter Soldier figure's arm sheared right of at the shoulder peg. It felt gummy because the joint was fused into the socket. I returned it.

So, last night, I was on Target.com looking for Black Widow and hit the "find it in store". When the results came up, a Target that I was unaware of being open yet just four miles from my house was listed in the results. I went by there this morning on my way to work and it looked like this was the first day or two that they were open. As I walked through the toy section, it looked as if I was the first person to ever walk through there. Everything was completely stocked in the right places. When I turned the corner into the action figures, there was a complete set of Cap Wave 1. I grabbed the Hydra and AIM troops and went to the end cap with the Cap stuff. There were two more complete sets of Cap Wave 1 on the bottom shelf! I picked up one more AIM trooper and left the rest of the AIM and Hydra troops for some other lucky collector who happens across this Target. I went back to action figures just to look around, and was amazed at what I saw hanging there for the taking, Black Cat, Carnage, Boba Fett, all of the pegs were slammed full and organized. The best part was the tags for the Cap figures still had the $14.99 price on them! I scanned them and they came up at $17.99, asked a sales associate and he said they would honor the price on the tag. So all said and done, with this haul of army builders, I am good for a while, happy to have found all of them, with the exception of one Hydra soldier I found on Monday, for the $14.99 price ( a special thanks to TRU having them at that price the first day they had them online). The 2 movie Caps and 2 Winter Soldiers were the only ML Cap figures that I have paid $19.99 for. Now on to the elusive Black Widow.

When you click the "find in a store" button are they telling you they have a specific figure in stock or just Cap Legends in general?

Apparently Cap Legends in general, but they give you the DCPI number and the online item number. I called a couple of other Targets with this info and saved myself some time driving. The couple of Guest Service's reps that I spoke with on the phone said they could hold items until the next morning. One even called me back to let me know that they did not have a Black Widow figure after they said they had it and would hold it. While I was listening to their conversations with other associates,during these calls, I could hear how many each store had on hand.

A couple of Cap figure related thoughts:

Nice find, Dragon.

I know you're looking out for me, GD, thanks!

That movie Cap together with Sam Jackson head would make a great custom for a Marvel Comics Nick Fury Jr.--the character Marvel Comics felt obliged to force feed us due to the popularity of all the movies (white Nick Fury's black love child? Who just happens to have the same name, is a spy, AND looses an eye, just like dad? Only black? UGH! @pow@ )

A lot of those Marvel Select figures are very awesome. Unfortunately for me it's a lot like the Marvel U figures, I've already gone all in on Marvel Legends and there's no way I can star up another line in a different scale. If a thief crept into my apartment and stole all of my Marvel Legends, I MIGHT start over with Marvel Select. Otherwise I'm good with the 6" scale. That would be cool if they did a ML movie Falcon but if they don't, they don't.

I had a plan to offer up my Black Cat in trade for Black Widow but from trolling around on other message boards, it appears a lot of other fanboys have the same idea as me. But just in case: I'll trade my Black Cat to anyone who wants to trade for a Black Widow.

Nice find, Dragon.

That movie Cap together with Sam Jackson head would make a great custom for a Marvel Comics Nick Fury Jr.--the character Marvel Comics felt obliged to force feed us due to the popularity of all the movies (white Nick Fury's black love child? Who just happens to have the same name, is a spy, AND looses an eye, just like dad? Only black? UGH! @pow@ )

A lot of those Marvel Select figures are very awesome. Unfortunately for me it's a lot like the Marvel U figures, I've already gone all in on Marvel Legends and there's no way I can star up another line in a different scale. If a thief crept into my apartment and stole all of my Marvel Legends, I MIGHT start over with Marvel Select. Otherwise I'm good with the 6" scale. That would be cool if they did a ML movie Falcon but if they don't, they don't.

I had a plan to offer up my Black Cat in trade for Black Widow but from trolling around on other message boards, it appears a lot of other fanboys have the same idea as me. But just in case: I'll trade my Black Cat to anyone who wants to trade for a Black Widow.

So Main Marvel universe 616 Nick Fury Jr looks just like ultimate Nick Fury??? Does this JR also have the slow age abilities like his dad from the infinity formula? ....yes he does , looked up marvel wiki lol

Nice find, Dragon.

So Main Marvel universe 616 Nick Fury Jr looks just like ultimate Nick Fury??? Does this JR also have the slow age abilities like his dad from the infinity formula? ....yes he does , looked up marvel wiki lol

:OT: I think this is one of the rare cases where no story would have been preferable to a really lame story. Would they have put all these stupid coincidences in Nick Jr.'s origin story and then decided he was ultimately going to be white? Not a chance. He literally exists JUST to have a black version of the character. They just really, really wanted a black Nick Fury in the regular Marvel U. I LIKE the movie Nick Fury just fine, I DON'T like bad storytelling. If they were dead set on doing a black Nick Fury, if it really made a huge difference to them and they just HAD to do it, then just have the editors mandate that the artist draw him as a black man and chalk it up to creative liberties. Put an editorial blurb in the back of the comics reading "We here at Marvel understand that we have been drawing Nick Fury as a white man for the last 50 years. But due to the popularity of the Marvel Movies and in an effort to attract fans of those movies, we have decided to represent Nick Fury more closely to the way he is portrayed in those films." Heck, I would have applauded them for their honesty! We would have understood why they did it and we wouldn't have an extra character running around with one of the most forced origin stories of all time. :OT:

Now that you know my feelings on Nick Jr., that's a good custom, Dragon :D

Now that you know my feelings on Nick Jr., that's a good custom, Dragon :D

Thanks. I feel the same way about how they forced him into 616 proper, I would of even accepted Ultimate Fury getting left behind in a crossover between the two universes as a better explanation of why he is different.

Aside from that, I always welcome more SHIELD agents to battle my Hydra and AIM armies alongside Cap. #US1#

Scored the wave 2 Cap and Winter Soldier.

I like the Cap. It's a good action figure. Variant heads and hands are all nicely done. The detail and articulation are both great on this figure. He will likely be the easiest to find, but that doesn't mean you should pass on him.

Winter Soldier is also a very nice figure but he's a tough sell for me. The only reason is because I like the comic WS that Hasbro did so much, it's hard to justify needing another...they're both Winter soldier, after all. His gun is also lame. He can't hold it well, and it's red. Two strikes, there. Aside from those issues, again, there's a lot of great detail, it's a good movie figure.

Of course my main want has yet to be found and I'm giving up the hunt for now. Three Wallmarts in my area all have this wave in stock but I was too late for BW at every one. Restocks anytime between now and the next three weeks? Yeah....I'd have to bet I put in 24 hours of hunting time on this one, that's hours in my life I won't get back. Now it's up to the Man Upstairs!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/captain-america-marvel-legends-black-widow-figure?BR=977&ID=32814

I am guessing we are going to pay more attention to this page than our wives/girlfriends for the next few days...

My excitement about that is curbed knowing that it's being staked out buy hundreds of collectors and scalpers even as I type this, many looking to fill their carts with as many as possible. She'll be up for MAYBE a matter of minutes before she's sold out and stay that way for weeks (like Stormtrooer). If I'm lucky I MIGHT just happen to not be working and see it during that small window of opportunity, but I'm not counting on it.

Sorry that post was such a downer #US1#

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/captain-america-marvel-legends-black-widow-figure?BR=977&ID=32814

I am guessing we are going to pay more attention to this page than our wives/girlfriends for the next few days...

My excitement about that is curbed knowing that it's being staked out buy hundreds of collectors and scalpers even as I type this, many looking to fill their carts with as many as possible. She'll be up for MAYBE a matter of minutes before she's sold out and stay that way for weeks (like Stormtrooer). If I'm lucky I MIGHT just happen to not be working and see it during that small window of opportunity, but I'm not counting on it.

Sorry that post was such a downer #US1#

Hopefully BW becomes available instead of preorder so the limit will be at 2...

FYI... Coupon code for 20% is FRIENDS14...

:P My prediction......is.... BW will open up for sale @ 2:10a.m. EST on a Tuesday morning or @ 1:47p.m CST on a Sunday afternoon....either way we'll hear about it after its sold out in 6 min....:P

man........I was close YJB......I almost had Black Widow for you...I"ve been stalking out my Target for a few days now & I Missed her by a few hours....some douche snagged her & the 2 Winter soldiers the rest of the case was there....at my other Target the only thing left was 2x Baron Zemos.......great call on the case ration Hasblow, its a wonder that you even get any toys sold...I'm getting close

Black Widow's likeness to scarjo depends on who you ask some people say it's very accurate others say it doesn't look like her it doesn't help that some of the figures can have the eyes painted badly making her lazy eyed. As for the poster pose well....

temporary-4.jpg

I'd say her likeness is no better or worse than any other 6" movie figure. To me it does the job just fine...speaking without actually owning one, of course. If this was a $200 premium format doll I'd expect more. If her legs got closer together, she'd have less surface area to stand on and fall over anyway.

This thread made me remember I had a dream about this figure last night. No lie. I found TWO at K-Mart on clearance for $7 each! There was another dude in the ails who I was sure was a collector but he passed both of them over......then I woke up. Pretty uneventful.