Cap movie legends

Belmont13

Just got the Red Skull to review: Red Skull Marvel Legends Review

Not a terrible figure, but he's definitely got some problems. I love the head sculpt and the accessories but hate those limbs! Also, it just drives me crazy when a figure can't hold a weapon in a holster. I love the funky cosmic gun, but hate that his holster wasn't retooled to fit it (or that Skull simply didn't come with two smaller pistols).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad people are finding theirs. My Targets are all a bust. And I've been trying, believe me.

There's a chance I may spring for all three from wave 2. Those, together with my arms from Red Skull and Zemo will nearly complete Mandroid and that wasn't even a goal of mine at first. We'll see.

I wish that Steve Rogers head looked like Chris Evans but I guess it's at least a good Steve Rogers head. Much like the Movie Masters Superman is a good Superman head even though it's not exactly a spot-on Henry Cavil.

Man, gruntcast, my movie Avengers display is itching to look (almost) just like yours. Just missing one figure...

I'm really glad that the next series of figures is hitting. Those do look really good.

I reviewed the Hydra Agent although I'm guessing he's old news by now, eh? Anyways, here's the link: Hydra Agent

It's just that I know that that Cap will be the constant leftover of that wave, still dangling there while Winter Soldier and certainly Black Widow have been long gone. Not looking forward to seeing Cap hanging there on every one of my Black Widow hunts, telling me each time, "Too late" and laughing at me all the way out the door.

This prediction is over a month old and came true for me for the first time today.

My first hint of wave 2 in my area and only Cap was there joining his wave 1 counterparts.

Grunt cast, where did you get the weapons that widow and Bucky have?

The pistol on WS is from the marvel select Winter solider Captain america the PSG1 sniper rifle came with a single punisher fig I got on eabay and his slung rifle is from the walking dead Meril fig that looked to big for Meril.

BW's rifle comes from those wanabe joes weapons pack that TRU sells. that red Hydra weapon that WS comes with does not fit good in his hands.

Nice group shot GC... I never did find Hawkeye...

Yea those movie figs were a pain, only seeen 2 hulks and 2 Hawkeyes ever. Hasbro MLs are so hard to collect, they have bad case ratios, they seem to always be fighting with finance and higher ups to get stuff out, distribution is horrible and this year they are bringing less stuff to comic con.....on purpose. why???

Nice group shot GC... I never did find Hawkeye...

Yea those movie figs were a pain, only seeen 2 hulks and 2 Hawkeyes ever. Hasbro MLs are so hard to collect, they have bad case ratios, they seem to always be fighting with finance and higher ups to get stuff out, distribution is horrible and this year they are bringing less stuff to comic con.....on purpose. why???

They can't pack three of one guy and one of another (which they KNOW will be popular) and use the old "Well kids will be more likely to want the title character, so that's why" excuse. Not when they admit certain lines are FOR the collector and PRICED for the collector. There really is no reason to have anything but dead-even case ratios in lines like this.

In any case, it may not seem like it, but I've actually bought surprisingly few MLs since the "return" line has come out. Just the very few figures that I want....Jean Grey, Archangel, the Walmart Avengers....hey, what do ya know, all the HTF stuff!

I just remembered how two TNIers came through for me big time hooking me up with the Hulk and Loki a couple years ago. Still very thankful to them!

I'll be honest, I'm pretty underwhelmed with this Captain America toy line. The plastic they used is so gummy. I feel like I need to find a way to harden them. Also what's with the fake molded weapons on Black Widow?! That is some cheap bullshit. I thankfully got them all for relatively cheap, except for the extra AIM and Hydra I picked up. I got the original set for $14.99 a pop and then I got Black Widow, movie Cap, and Winter Soldier for $17.99.

That's me...I was so excited about this line. Then I saw all of the sloppy paint jobs in stores, and now I learn they're sporting sub-par plastic? No thanks...

Plastic feels fine to me DB. I would not let that bother you. The movie trio are some of the best Hasbro ML figs going. Just beautiful sculpts. Oh and I got Black Widow today on my birthday from a friend! Hell yeah!! :D

Draven

1394084730[/url]' post='16809002']

Plastic feels fine to me DB. I would not let that bother you. The movie trio are some of the best Hasbro ML figs going. Just beautiful sculpts. Oh and I got Black Widow today on my birthday from a friend! Hell yeah!! :D

Draven

Happy Birthday, Draven. Widow is an awesome figure. I wish I could get an awesome birthday gift. I usually just get socks. Although last year I did get the Thunderbotls set. I had to buy it for myself, but that counts right?

I love these figs. I just missed black widow by mere minutes yesterday, as I came into the store at about 8:10, i passed 2 red shirt overnighters getting off carrying 3 black widows to the registers. Got wave 2 cap and WS tho. But then I quickly shot down the interstate 1 exit to the next Target store onoy to find nothing but the same two red shirts from the previous store. We happend to be walking out at the same time and I asked them, so you guys grabbed all the black widows at university target huh? they both looked at md, and one guy said yeah we got one. I said oh ok. Maybe ill find one soon. They kinda snickered and said yesh, maybe. I said im sure I will. Man this hobby is tough to keep up with when you're out pounding the pavement all by yourself! Has anyone seen any reports of wave 2 showing up at Walmart yet? I'll feel better about my chances of finding a widow what's I know they're showing up at Walmart also...

i passed 2 red shirt overnighters getting off carrying 3 black widows to the registers. Got wave 2 cap and WS tho. But then I quickly shot down the interstate 1 exit to the next Target store onoy to find nothing but the same two red shirts from the previous store.

You're making my blood boil with this story @cussing@

I wouldn't say this indicative of every Target in Muricah....butt I am having a hard time finding another Boba Fett 6" I have only seen one at retail since the released them last Fall.....I have seen a full case of SW Black & I know they only pack 4 figs to case (brilliant idea guys) so finding just 1/4 is gonna be a bazturd...but in all my young-kid meddling I have asked a few redshirts what gives....I show up one day they have 3/4 of case on the pegs & they tell me that's all they got then a day later they have another 3/4 of 2 cases on the shelves meaning 2x Han 2x Leia 2x Greedo but Boba is the only one missing X2...my only speculation is out of 200 possible employees at any given Target there has to be one Nerd or relative of a Nerd that's either snagging BF up before I get a chance or I'm just severely unlucky....I know Boba's are being scalped hardcore on Evilbay but not thousands at a time...so what gives?....are there massive hoarders that have 15 Bobas at their place making a rainbow coalition of BF's for their collection?? I dunno but I do wonder myself YB, they can't buy all the damn BW's up so I'm sure you'll get your hands on one sooner or later & I'm looking for a fig for you as well...hold the line & don't let the other Nerds rattle your game....

Yeah I sympathize for anyone who can't find a Bobba. But I'm not too quick to blame the "evil scalper" in his case. Those SW are packed one each. Yeah, maybe a scalper got him first, or maybe it was a fan like you and me who really wanted one and finally found him.

Smokedriver, on the other hand, CAUGHT employees in full scalp mode hitting multiple stores! Those red-shirts were caught.....RED......handed? (what's the emoticon for cheesy puns? @afroman@ )

Smokedriver, on the other hand, CAUGHT employees in full scalp mode hitting multiple stores! Those red-shirts were caught.....RED......handed? (what's the emoticon for cheesy puns? @afroman@ )

Right on brotha, preach it!

But it doesn't matter ultimately. It's not really worth making a fuss to store managers, or even saying something to the employees. The're just toys after all. No one is going to change it. I can either buy online, site unseen and risk slopy paint, or chase'em down in the wild so I can give them a once over before I buy. But it seems lately i've had to deal with this at a few different stores. I could tell you some stories about it, just like almost every one of us that are in the action figure collecting hobby. The scalpers and horders are pretty bad in my area. Just in my area within about 15-20 minutes driving depending on the time of day, there are 6 walmarts, 3 targets, 3 K-marts, and 2 comic shops. Not to mention the walgreens and cvs on every other corner. I sometimes can't believe how sparse things get at times. Some things I never even see. But no biggie I guess. They are still just toys!

1394084730[/url]' post='16809002']

Draven

Happy Birthday, Draven. Widow is an awesome figure. I wish I could get an awesome birthday gift. I usually just get socks. Although last year I did get the Thunderbotls set. I had to buy it for myself, but that counts right?

Thanks! And yes that counts, I bought Cap And Winter Soldier, the X Men set, Scarlet Spiderman ROML and WD Tyreese and Maggie for myself, so that all counts too. @loll@

Oh and yes they are hitting WM's now.

Draven

Draven

Happy Birthday bud!! You give me hope Draven...maybe I need to take a second look and give this line a chance.