SPIDEY LEGENDS!

JoeRhyno

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those who wouldn't pay 20$ for a fig what are you buying?

Movies, video games, food, clothes, books, art supplies, sports equipment, consumer electronics, movie tickets, concert tickets, it's amazing how much stuff there is out there that isn't toys.

Lol I was talking more like what toy lines, like what are some toys that are collector quality and are under 20$ I can think of TMNT, Marvel U, Joes, and star wars . Like what do you collect?. Cuz it looks like everything is headed to 20$ OR more especially anything 6 inch or taller.

Question for those who wouldn't pay 20$ for a fig what are you buying?

Movies, video games, food, clothes, books, art supplies, sports equipment, consumer electronics, movie tickets, concert tickets, it's amazing how much stuff there is out there that isn't toys.

Lol I was talking more like what toy lines, like what are some toys that are collector quality and are under 20$ I can think of TMNT, Marvel U, Joes, and star wars . Like what do you collect?.

Exactly my point. From the earliest whispers of the first price hikes I've always said, "I'll play along, but when the price hits twenty bucks a pop, I'm out." Even if I thought the price was worth it, like with the bus-load of accessories and big honkin' diorama stands from the Young Justice Deluxe line, for the money, there's just to much out there that will bring more pleasure than toys that will ultimately end up displayed on a shelf collecting dust.

It's not just the money though. I just don't get that euphoric blast from finding that sought after figure on Isle 7 anymore. Nowdays I'm more likely to get it finding that one old slasher flick I've wanted to see for years in an 8 Movie Collection DVD on the $5 Rack in the Electronics Department.

So does that mean your toy collecting days are almost done? . Mine are coming to a close so Neca is really the only constant. Cuz of taxes here in cali 17.99 becomes 19.60 so still about 20$ for me.

When people look at the latest price hike and say "I'm out", they don't mean "I'm out". They mean, "This price is too high for me to get the whole wave and I don't see anyone I really want". But when a figure DOES come out that they really, REALLY want, that they've been waiting a long time for, they will pay the cost.

Take BigBot as an example (nothing personal, here), in the Cap thread he looked at the price hike and said it was a good time to be done. Then he saw Black Widow and three posts later said, "Well, maybe for her..."

It all depends on how much you want someone. I'm the same way. I was thinking of getting Superior Spidey at $15, but I waited too long. Now that he's $20, forget it. But Black Widow, I'll make no bones about dropping $20.

You may see less and less board members buying full waves (which is understandable) but I'd be willing to bet on one her is "done".

Somehow I knew you'd call me out on that... You're right though. Hasbro must have known we'd all want an Avengers film Widow with the alternate head included.

I wish Marvel Select had done a figure of her though. It would have probably been a nicer figure, but their articulation seems to be hit and miss. That Surfer that came out has no thigh cuts for some strange reason.

That's kind of where I'm at with ML , have to be strict on what I get because I'm running out of display room. I have Red skull and really only want black kat, spider girl

, carnage, and Toxin. I like the superior spiderman figure but I hate the character.

What did you pay for those?

Yes found them. My target only got one case of these and there is only 1 black cat and one Carnage. Come on hasbro you knew that Black cat should of been at least 2 per case.

20140124_091602_zpsxexwvukc.jpg

Found myself a replacement Carnage for my defective one today @ Target. Price increase stinks.

it does, but whats worse is you think that would make these easier to find but nope lol

It's what I've been saying for a while, fans will pay almost any price.

Kill Solo, it should be pretty easy to exchange out your defective carnage and keep your $15 price.

I found some Caps down the road & needed a Carnage for my GF's son's birthday so we went to another Target.....Goaaaaalllllllll found a full set on the pegs & snagged up a Carnage for my lady & left the rest behind....good luck hunters...

Found myself a replacement Carnage for my defective one today @ Target. Price increase stinks.

it does, but whats worse is you think that would make these easier to find but nope lol

Nah. Even after the people who've reached their cut-off point (like me) drop away, you still have to contend with the guys who buy two of everything, the guys who buy up everything in hopes they'll make a fortune selling them on Ebay, the employees who took a job at a store just so they can get first crack at the new toys (I don't mind these guys, at least they put in honest work in return), and a new wrinkle, the guys who buy the figures then replace them in the packages with older figures and return them for a refund at the store.

i hate them.....especially the guys that buy two of everything...

Nah. Even after the people who've reached their cut-off point (like me) drop away, you still have to contend with the guys who buy two of everything, the guys who buy up everything in hopes they'll make a fortune selling them on Ebay, the employees who took a job at a store just so they can get first crack at the new toys (I don't mind these guys, at least they put in honest work in return), and a new wrinkle, the guys who buy the figures then replace them in the packages with older figures and return them for a refund at the store.

i hate them.....especially the guys that buy two of everything...

Don't hate the player, hate the game. @cool@

I don't....I'm not into self-loathing....

Looks like Walmart is going to to carry these . So I'm thinking they will start getting wave 1 while Targets start getting wave 2. I think I might do some hunting today hoping to find 2 AIM guys and wave 2, but don't know. I did come across 3 Black cats last week , I got her already so hopefully they got picked up by fellow collectors.

Some people are finding wave 2 in NY. I'll only go up 5 bucks for online and maybe 10 if found in person at a comic shop and only for black widow and spidergirl. Hunting sucks waste of time and gas. It wasn't to bad when I was 22 and going to school, but full time night shifts , a wife 2 kids (third on the way out) at 32 ,my hunts are limited to 3 stores close by and on my time after work. Wish we could cut out the middleman and order directly from hasbro and them having them in stock to sell, but the big box stores would flip, the way did with mattel.

I don't know if you guys remember when mattel first offered the DCU Kilowag wave in cases and individuals, they released it the same time box stores got them but of course the box stores had them sitting in the wherehouses for 3 months extra and they flipped out and stated that if mattel was going to sell them on online like in that manner, that they would stop carrying mattel products. That was nice it was like a big FU to the scalpers and box stores that were always slow to bring stuff out and clear old stuff up. Well after that mattel offered limited cases and not till a few months after stores got them and then none after that.