Micro Star Wars stuff

Van Flyheit

I didn't see a thread for the Micro Machines stuff. I just got an idea and wanted to get one of each vehicle and one of each major character. I have an AT-AT coming in and maybe more. Does anyone collect these things? Anyone trading them? Also, why are "action fleet" ones worth more than non?

loved the micro machines, never got into Action Fleet.

probably my fave SW items are the micros. These were some of the first new SW products to hit the shelves after the dark period, and they were fantastic. Love the transforming head playsets. And the Death Star world that finally gave us charred corpses of Owen and Beru...fantastic! Shadows of the Empire ships and minis, Expanded universe packs...shame the line died with Episode 1 oversaturation...great line will always feel incomplete.

I was always a sucker for the original vintage Micro Collection with the tiny die-cast figurines. That was always one of my favorite sub-lines. I've been wanting to start-up a new collection for years. I just never can seem to get around to it...

I have a few of the vintage " Micro Collection", Hoth Ion Cannon & Wampa Cave and Bespin Gantry; I wish I had gotten a few more, but, oh well. :-/

The "Micro Machines" were a great start to the 'modern collection', I think I have all of the early 3 packs, and a 1 or 2 of the singles; and then, POTF2 started, lol. I also collected "Action Fleet", I opened quite a few of them as they make good dio background pieces. (I used the 'Ion Cannon' and AF Snowspeeder w/ my 3 3/4"scale AT-AT.) I'd still like to get a few more, as well as some of the 'die-cast' ships, mainly TIE's & .Ep 2-3, for drawing reference.

Wasn't it just incredibly exciting when all that stuff started coming out again? I remember in the spring of 1995 my brother and I heard a rumor that Big Lots had gotten in some Star Wars action figures. We knew about the then-upcoming Power of the Force 2 line, but we were dumbfounded as to what Big Lots might have. Back then they would sometimes get random stocks of older toys, but our imaginations went wild; did someone inadvertently put out an old case of figures they found in the stock room? (Our Big Lots store used to be a Heck's that used to have every great toy line ever made.) Did they actually somehow get an early shipment of the new ones? We went into a frenzy and rushed down there. What did we find? We found Star Wars figures alright...but it was those crappy bendy figures. (lol) I was so disappointed, but my brother bought them anyway. He was a much bigger Star Wars nut than I was at the time.

I also remember being back in college that fall, when the POTF2 line was supposed to hit retail. I looked absolutely everywhere for those figures. It was so exciting looking around trying to find them. I'd even check out old antique shops and what-not, trying to find the old vintage figures. The new ones finally came out one Saturday afternoon when I went into work. I worked at Walmart at the time, specifically in the paint and hardware department, which was then right next to toys. One of my friends that was just getting off as I was coming on told me he saw some of the new Star Wars figures. My heart skipped a beat and I rushed right over. Kids and adults alike were digging through them like crazy. I had never seen anything like it in the toy aisle, before or since. The only thing I could find was Obi-Wan Kenobi, after I did a little bit of digging on the shelves myself. That was my first modern Star Wars figure. That's the one that started it all...

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just reading about you guys finding those early Micro Machine toys reminded me of that exciting time, when we hadn't seen Star Wars at retail for nearly a decade, and it was great to see again after so many years. My brother collected everything Star Wars-related he could get his hands on. He started with the Micro Machine stuff, but he'd buy the bed-sheets, the calendars, the notebooks...absolutely anything with the Star Wars logo on it. (lol) I just wanted the toys.

Yeah, before POTF2, I bought/collected quite a few things I might not have otherwise, lol. Micro Machine singles, Action Masters (Die-Cast Batman TAS, SW etc. figurines). and yes, Bend-'Em's, lol.

omg, micro machines were the best! i loved their traditional stuff and their SW stuff! their monster trucks were my favorites XD

Wasn't it just incredibly exciting when all that stuff started coming out again? I remember in the spring of 1995 my brother and I heard a rumor that Big Lots had gotten in some Star Wars action figures. We knew about the then-upcoming Power of the Force 2 line, but we were dumbfounded as to what Big Lots might have. Back then they would sometimes get random stocks of older toys, but our imaginations went wild; did someone inadvertently put out an old case of figures they found in the stock room? (Our Big Lots store used to be a Heck's that used to have every great toy line ever made.) Did they actually somehow get an early shipment of the new ones? We went into a frenzy and rushed down there. What did we find? We found Star Wars figures alright...but it was those crappy bendy figures. (lol) I was so disappointed, but my brother bought them anyway. He was a much bigger Star Wars nut than I was at the time.

I also remember being back in college that fall, when the POTF2 line was supposed to hit retail. I looked absolutely everywhere for those figures. It was so exciting looking around trying to find them. I'd even check out old antique shops and what-not, trying to find the old vintage figures. The new ones finally came out one Saturday afternoon when I went into work. I worked at Walmart at the time, specifically in the paint and hardware department, which was then right next to toys. One of my friends that was just getting off as I was coming on told me he saw some of the new Star Wars figures. My heart skipped a beat and I rushed right over. Kids and adults alike were digging through them like crazy. I had never seen anything like it in the toy aisle, before or since. The only thing I could find was Obi-Wan Kenobi, after I did a little bit of digging on the shelves myself. That was my first modern Star Wars figure. That's the one that started it all...

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just reading about you guys finding those early Micro Machine toys reminded me of that exciting time, when we hadn't seen Star Wars at retail for nearly a decade, and it was great to see again after so many years. My brother collected everything Star Wars-related he could get his hands on. He started with the Micro Machine stuff, but he'd buy the bed-sheets, the calendars, the notebooks...absolutely anything with the Star Wars logo on it. (lol) I just wanted the toys.

yup, it was exciting...now everything sucks. And there are those that dont remember or are just ignorant of a time that SW just wasnt cool and nary a product could be found on shelves. Never take it for granted, folks.

yup, it was exciting...now everything sucks. And there are those that dont remember or are just ignorant of a time that SW just wasnt cool and nary a product could be found on shelves. Never take it for granted, folks.

Some may look at it that way in a narrow minded kind of way, I choose to look at it on how SW has grown and how it's loved by all. My son has a r2-d2 shaped lunch box and gets complements on it all the time at school, even from older Jr. High kids. I wear my SW jacket with pride even at work and always get complements on it. I remember running into an older guy, probably about 60-70 and saw my jacket and was all happy about it and told me he also went to California to the Celebration and loved the design on the jacket, then 2 months later some kids across the street started yelling at me to turn around, I thought they were a bunch of punks, but then when I did, the one girl screams out, "I LOVE THAT JACKET".

I've been a fan all my life, like most of you here, still remember my SW wallpaper(oh, noes.. SW was a sellout even back then @smilepunch@ ), I also remember the "dark times", when there was nothing out but a few Kevin J Anderson books that really didn't make sense, some crappy bendy figures and the rare chewed up garage sale find of an Ewok. If you ask me, I'd rather have it how it is now any day, over how it was back then. I never get the whole mentality that some fans have over SW being main stream... get over it, it doesn't make it worse, it makes it better, it gets it out there for all new fans to love and enjoy and fall in love with that world that we fell in love with over 30 years ago. I'm all for that. Like someone said to one of your other posts... if you like the original trilogy that much, then watch it and be happy, no need to be so negative on people who enjoy how much SW has grown to be.

Keeping on topic. I had micro machines when I was little and even had a ton unopened ones never opened and sold them after meeting my wife. I didn't get into the Action Fleets too much, but have a handful of them. I did have the Collector Fleets and loved those. I actually just bought an Action Fleet from the local used DVD store for a custom... DOH! I know some of them aren't that hard to come buy, but the later ones, that were obscure and hard to find, those go for a lot. The TIE Defender and E-wing.. sheesh.. good luck with those, lol.

Some may look at it that way in a narrow minded kind of way, I choose to look at it on how SW has grown and how it's loved by all. My son has a r2-d2 shaped lunch box and gets complements on it all the time at school, even from older Jr. High kids. I wear my SW jacket with pride even at work and always get complements on it. I remember running into an older guy, probably about 60-70 and saw my jacket and was all happy about it and told me he also went to California to the Celebration and loved the design on the jacket, then 2 months later some kids across the street started yelling at me to turn around, I thought they were a bunch of punks, but then when I did, the one girl screams out, "I LOVE THAT JACKET".

I've been a fan all my life, like most of you here, still remember my SW wallpaper(oh, noes.. SW was a sellout even back then @smilepunch@ ), I also remember the "dark times", when there was nothing out but a few Kevin J Anderson books that really didn't make sense, some crappy bendy figures and the rare chewed up garage sale find of an Ewok. If you ask me, I'd rather have it how it is now any day, over how it was back then. I never get the whole mentality that some fans have over SW being main stream... get over it, it doesn't make it worse, it makes it better, it gets it out there for all new fans to love and enjoy and fall in love with that world that we fell in love with over 30 years ago. I'm all for that. Like someone said to one of your other posts... if you like the original trilogy that much, then watch it and be happy, no need to be so negative on people who enjoy how much SW has grown to be.

Cmon, man. You gonna start this again?..."narrow minded"..."get over it"...Devilbat and I did not overstep any boundaries. We are different kinds of SW fans, but fans nonetheless. We were reminiscing, on topic, about the way things were and very minorly touched on how I feel about SW collecting today, and that rubs you the wrong way. I said "everything sucks"...my opinion, valid or not to you and your opinion, but you admit right off that "some do" feel that way and tear away. You can say how you feel without seemingly trying to single out or instigate cant you? I mean, you are a moderator here, right? Im sorry that you feel that the minority SW fans that don't see your pov are lesser or not even fans, but hey...have they told you to "get over it" lately and often? Im sure that you could save some time and copy and paste from one of your many tirades that sound exactly the same in other threads next time. And I can save time with comments like "soapbox time", "the record is skipping", and "here we go again"

If you really cared about why I would say "it sucks" to ask I might have mentioned the elitist costumed exclusionaries, the ones that whined for "Marvel Legends" style figures and then freaked out with an internet campaign against the R2-D2 presented, the ones that #@$#@ incessantly over wanting highly detailed playets despite the awesome ones we already have and the cost infeasibility of today's market, the ones that toss Jar Jar Binks under the bus repeatedly and never would admit to any other problems with the prequel trilogies, the ones that start arguments that Darth Maul could beat Darth Vader in a fight, the ones that...well, don't really have a sense of humor about their own fandom, or gratefulness for what has come before.

But you didn't ask. you just put down. as you said "some do" feel the way I do about this. And we are well aware that they are scum to you...because you and you son truly love Star Wars.