Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Good action, really good acting with Oliver and Felicity scene, and another cool ending. That's Arrow for ya.

Yeah, I have to admit, as much as I (REALLY) hate Felicity, EBR really brought her "A" game to those emotional scenes. Especially considering she came off kinda weak last episode.

How can you hate Felicity....I love watching her...

She's okay, but I generally hate the incessant talking/no inner monologue/awkward geek-pandering character on any show.

She's okay, but I generally hate the incessant talking/no inner monologue/awkward geek-pandering character on any show.

And that was basically ALL Felicity was allowed to be. Of course, now that they're letting her character evolve a little, she's finally getting interesting.

..and the way Oliver was subtly switching to his Arrow voice with his mask off during that scene was very well done.

I didn't even pick up on that! See, that's how impressed I was with Felicity finally getting in the game.

And that was basically ALL Felicity was allowed to be. Of course, now that they're letting her character evolve a little, she's finally getting interesting.

..and the way Oliver was subtly switching to his Arrow voice with his mask off during that scene was very well done.

I didn't even pick up on that! See, that's how impressed I was with Felicity finally getting in the game.

Sorry guys but she can just sit before the camera and smile and thats good enough for me.

I have a feeling that "date" episode was the show's way of addressing their flirting and telling us once and for all it's not going to work out with them. At least that's how I hope it will be. I don't want to see any "Will they or won't they". Either crap or get off the toilet.

Since Laurel will be around for a while, I see Oliver going back to her. Maybe Felicity and Roy....?

Stay tuned for my thoughts on this week's General Hospital and Glee.

Sorry guys but she can just sit before the camera and smile and thats good enough for me.

Yeah, I feel the same way . . . about Sara. :(

My condolences...

My condolences...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5ERKR7QtI

...*sniffle*....

Thea is back! She looks dangerous. If you google Arrow and you pull up the cast. Underneath Katie Cassidy it says Black Canary. Nice spoiler Google!

If you google Arrow and you pull up the cast. Underneath Katie Cassidy it says Black Canary. Nice spoiler Google!

Eh, if you start digging on the internet and stumble upon a spoiler you didn't want to see, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

We all know it's coming anyway.

Did Wildcat also train Black Canary in the comics?...

Short answer: Yes. In the Pre-New 52 / Post-Crisis on the Infinite Earths comics universe young Dinah was trained by her aunts and uncles in the JSA, most notably Ted Grant.

Short answer: Yes. In the Pre-New 52 / Post-Crisis on the Infinite Earths comics universe young Dinah was trained by her aunts and uncles in the JSA, most notably Ted Grant.

I actually did not know the answer to this. My guess was going to be "no". Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years I've stopped keeping track of whether or not movie or TV events are comic accurate. Just tell a good story.

I actually did not know the answer to this. My guess was going to be "no". Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years I've stopped keeping track of whether or not movie or TV events are comic accurate. Just tell a good story.

Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years, the movies and TV shows ARE my comics.

I remember an episode of the Justice League Unlimited where Black Canary asked Green Arrow for help finding Wild Cat and it was shown that he was her mentor.

If you google Arrow and you pull up the cast. Underneath Katie Cassidy it says Black Canary. Nice spoiler Google!

Eh, if you start digging on the internet and stumble upon a spoiler you didn't want to see, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

We all know it's coming anyway.

Is it really digging if you just search "Arrow cast" and it pops up head shots of the cast across the top of the search result page?

Wildcat is definitely one of her mentors....he also trained other heroes such as Batman.

Thanks for the info fellas...

I think DC made a mistake not tying Flash and Arrow to the movies... Marvel is kicking their ass all over the place and they still cant get it together... Imagine the hype if Affleck or Cavill made a cameo...

Thanks for the info fellas...

I think DC made a mistake not tying Flash and Arrow to the movies... Marvel is kicking their ass all over the place and they still cant get it together... Imagine the hype if Affleck or Cavill made a cameo...

That might be nice...if I were excited about the current direction DC movies are taking. As it stands, I'm fine with keeping the TV shows separate. When Arrow first started I was really hoping it would be in continuity with the Nolan Batverse but now DC movies are moving on from that as well.

But yeah, I think you're right in that tying them in together would be the cooler way to go.

But yeah, I think you're right in that tying them in together would be the cooler way to go.

I think I like it the way things are. Arrow and Flash get to tell their own stories without having to make allowances for whatever happens in MOS or whatever. It also leaves the audience free to make their own connections. Example: Nothing has occurred that says Arrow DOSEN'T take place in the same universe as Man of Steel . . . or Green Lantern . . . or even Batman Begins.

I think I like it the way things are. Arrow and Flash get to tell their own stories without having to make allowances for whatever happens in MOS or whatever. It also leaves the audience free to make their own connections. Example: Nothing has occurred that says Arrow DOSEN'T take place in the same universe as Man of Steel . . . or Green Lantern . . . or even Batman Begins.

I'm fine with them being separate as well.

I'm fine with them being separate as well.

They can always do the DC thing and have multiple earths if they change their mind at some point...