Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

The 2-post sarcasm is warranted on my Star Wars critique, but for Wildcat?

You were only treated to two posts of my sarcasm because the thing wouldn't let me post all the pics I wanted in one reply :)

You know, in my mind, Green Arrow himself should be an older dude. Late 30s, or maybe even (gasp!) 40s, with a curly goatee. My ideal Green Arrow has been around a while, has seen a lot of things. The GA from the O'Neil/Adams Hard Traveling Heroes stories or the Mike Grell GA who's muling over retirement, that's the guy I'm talking about. They chose not to go that rout with the title character this time around. They didn't put the Green Arrow on TV exactly as I envisioned in my mind. You know why that's OK? Because the final product is good. If you have a quality final product, it trumps almost anything, IMO.

If this can be pulled off with A-list Green Arrow, I'm not going to worry about C-list Wildcat.

Hmmmm. Crusty, pontificating Old Hippie spouting endless far-left rhetoric, or brooding young pretty boy with immaculately kempt 5-O'clock shadow, stripped down and oiled up for those pointless work-out scenes.

Gosh, I wonder which way the CW would go. <_<

You were only treated to two posts of my sarcasm because the thing wouldn't let me post all the pics I wanted in one reply :)

You know, in my mind, Green Arrow himself should be an older dude. Late 30s, or maybe even (gasp!) 40s, with a curly goatee. My ideal Green Arrow has been around a while, has seen a lot of things. The GA from the O'Neil/Adams Hard Traveling Heroes stories or the Mike Grell GA who's muling over retirement, that's the guy I'm talking about. They chose not to go that rout with the title character this time around. They didn't put the Green Arrow on TV exactly as I envisioned in my mind. You know why that's OK? Because the final product is good. If you have a quality final product, it trumps almost anything, IMO.

If this can be pulled off with A-list Green Arrow, I'm not going to worry about C-list Wildcat.

Hmmmm. Crusty, pontificating Old Hippie spouting endless far-left rhetoric, or brooding young pretty boy with immaculately kempt 5-O'clock shadow, stripped down and oiled up for those pointless work-out scenes.

LOL...now defend the hispanic aspect from the pov of a network exec!

Pretty but uptight young lawyer with an over-protective daddy is done wrong by her rich, blue-eyed and uber-blond beau so she ends up in the masculine arms of hot-blooded young latino bad-boy.

CW GOLD!!!

Pretty but uptight young lawyer with an over-protective daddy is done wrong by her rich, blue-eyed and uber-blond beau so she ends up in the masculine arms of hot-blooded young latino bad-boy.

CW GOLD!!!

BOOM! Nailed it!

He also dresses like a cat...er...uh...panther! Yeah, that's sexier! They have panthers in South America, right? Oh...Jaguar? Those come in black? Close enough.

http://enewsi.com/television/191-27005.html

So Charlotte Ross is playing Chlo...uh...Felicity's momma. Man, the CW is doing everything but sending armed men to my house to get me to watch this season.

I actively avoided NYPD Blue (any series where Dennis Franz was contractually obligated to bear his naked butt was must-NOT-see-TV), but I loved Ross on The Heights waaaaay back in the early '90's.

I actively avoided NYPD Blue (any series where Dennis Franz was contractually obligated to bear his naked butt was must-NOT-see-TV), but I loved Ross on The Heights waaaaay back in the early '90's.

Hey, I liked NYPD Blue a lot. The earlier seasons, at least. It got a bit watered down by the time Ross came on the show. I know for a fact there was only one scene in one episode of it's entire run where you saw Franz's @$$, so stop whining :)

Hey, I liked NYPD Blue a lot. The earlier seasons, at least. It got a bit watered down by the time Ross came on the show. I know for a fact there was only one scene in one episode of it's entire run where you saw Franz's @$$, so stop whining :)

:huh:

:huh:

Kidding, man.

Looks like Devon Aoki has opted out of appearing as Katana on Arrow. Kinda disappointing, she was easy on the eyes and seemed a good fit for the role.

Liam Neeson would play Ra's on Arrow "in a heart beat"

http://enewsi.com/television/191-27122.html

Come on, Arrow producers! THIS is how you follow up the awesomeness of last season's Deathstroke.

I make no secret of the fact I hated the Batman Begins series, but I am a big-time Neeson fan. That would rock . . . HARD.

But lets get real. Neeson was a bankable actor before a Star Wars, two Batmans, and the Taken franchise. There's no way the Fifth Network could afford him.

I'm still holding out for David Warner or possibly Malcolm McDowell.

hilarious...God bless the USA #US1#

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Questioned By Customs At The U.S. Border

arrow-stephen-amell-customs-106054.jpg

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/03/arrow-s-stephen-amell-questioned-by-customs-at-the-u-s-border/

Agent: Really. Need to ask some follow up questions and go through your bag. I'd prefer to just tell my superiors that you're the (expletive) Arrow, but there are procedures we need to follow.

hilarious...God bless the USA #US1#

Arrows Stephen Amell Questioned By Customs At The U.S. Border

arrow-stephen-amell-customs-106054.jpg

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/03/arrow-s-stephen-amell-questioned-by-customs-at-the-u-s-border/

Agent: Really. Need to ask some follow up questions and go through your bag. I'd prefer to just tell my superiors that you're the (expletive) Arrow, but there are procedures we need to follow.

He should've entered the country from the Mexican border . . . they don't stop ANYBODY there!!! @smilepunch@

Maybe the thousands of times Stephen Amell appears shirtless in the show weren't enough for this guy and he wanted him alone in a room.

Is it a bad sign that we still have almost a month to go before Arrow even premiers and I've already gotten violently sick of Cloicity?

Season 3 premere:

Woah! I wasn't expecting that ending. One of the Lance sisters getting killed off in season 2 was always the safe bet, but when they both ended up surviving the season I really let my guard down. Great twist! Even if it means that the very awesome DC Collectibles figure that's not coming out until next year is already rendered outdated.

Roy's suit is awesome!

It's going to take me a while to NOT think Superman when I see Brandon Routh (compared to what they're currently doing with Supes at the movies, his version looks like gold in comparison).

Some good action in this episode, good set up for the season. Arrow, baby!

(I don't know if they're going to rename this thread or what. If a new one is made, maybe a mod can move this post to the appropriate spot.)

Woah! I wasn't expecting that ending. One of the Lance sisters getting killed off in season 2 was always the safe bet, but when they both ended up surviving the season I really let my guard down. Great twist! Even if it means that the very awesome DC Collectibles figure that's not coming out until next year is already rendered outdated.

Of course, Ras Al Ghul is coming...perhaps there's a Lazarus pit nearby?

Great season premiere.

Brandon Routh was awesome. Look forward to seeing more Ray Palmer!

If the season premiere was any indicator of the quality of the rest of the season, I'm just not impressed. I mean, bringing on you-know-who about a minute and a half from the end of the episode literally just to kill her!?! That's hack writing even for the CW. Bring her in for two or three episodes, maybe even keep her around till sweeps, then bump her off. I mean she was a fairly important character with a lot of plot attached to her comings and goings, they could've at least played it out to give her end a little gravitas.

Seriously, it was like watching the first five minutes of Mortal Kombat Annihilation. "Hey everybody, I'm back! . . . Oh never mind, I'm dead."

I'm cool with the killing. I liked it. Me thinks it's either Thea or Merlin. I prefer it's pronounce Ras. It's spelled Ras.