Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

You know what the best part of that Arrow/Flash teaser? The lightheartedness. Something missing from any recent DC blockbuster film. Looking forward to more DC on the small screen.

Yup...I shudder to think about Zack Snyder's humorless, joyless Justice League.

I'm really glad that the SHIELD watchers got two decent episodes at the end. Maybe next year they can get a full season's worth the way Arrow fans have been getting the last two years @smilepunch@

Bravo, Arrow season 2.

:D

Finally finished watching the April and May epsiodes over the weekend and man did the Arrow team really pull off a great season. I can only think of two episodes that I didn't care for.Next seaon should be really interesting with so much having happened with the cast of the show. If the Flash is anywhere as good as this, then next year will be some really good tv.

Assuming Palmer gets powers and a suit, there are two scenes they have GOT to do this season.

1. You have an archer, you have a shrinking guy, you have to have Ollie shooting an arrow with the Atom sitting on it.

2. The Atom riding in Canary's cleavage just like he did with Wonder Woman on the Dark Heart episode of JLU.

And on a side note, I wonder if they'll bring Jean Loring back to the show.

1. You have an archer, you have a shrinking guy, you have to have Ollie shooting an arrow with the Atom sitting on it.

2. The Atom riding in Canary's cleavage just like he did with Wonder Woman on the Dark Heart episode of JLU.

Since Arrow is so good, I will assume those are both possibilities.

(Atom rode in WW's cleavage in a cartoon??? Wow.)

(Atom rode in WW's cleavage in a cartoon??? Wow.)

It's good to be in the League.

post-6101-0-09655500-1404879647_thumb.jpeg

post-6101-0-34519700-1404879670_thumb.jpg

So, Mako, did you end up forgiving the kiss we got between Not-Talia and Sort-of-Black Canary?

Black Canary is a lesbian now!?! That's it, I'm out. This show is garbage.

My recommendation is put it behind you. Hopefully you didn't miss the kick-@$$ season finale or the near-flawless episodes that lead into it. In the big picture, that kiss really wasn't a huge deal and if you really were "out", you missed some good stuff.

So, Mako, did you end up forgiving the kiss we got between Not-Talia and Sort-of-Black Canary?

Black Canary is a lesbian now!?! That's it, I'm out. This show is garbage.

My recommendation is put it behind you. Hopefully you didn't miss the kick-@$$ season finale or the near-flawless episodes that lead into it. In the big picture, that kiss really wasn't a huge deal and if you really were "out", you missed some good stuff.

As long as it was simply a cheesy one-off "OOOO-AAHH" attention grabber, I can let it go. And that finale was great.

Season 2 (Slade) Deathstroke and Canary action figures. YES!!!

Yeah I guess that kiss wasn't SO bad if you're ready to plop down $25 for her @smilepunch@

Yes both of these are a buy as well as the CW Flash. Can't wait for them!

*UPDATED!* - NOW WITH RAS AL GHUL!

It's going to be tough to beat Deathstroke but Ra's is definitely going to be interesting. I would be great if it was Liam Neeson, but that's not going to happen...

*UPDATED!* - NOW WITH RAS AL GHUL!

It's going to be tough to beat Deathstroke but Ra's is definitely going to be interesting. I would be great if it was Liam Neeson, but that's not going to happen...

I thought it would be cool if they got David Warner. His age would play right in with Ra's' character, and he really owned the role on B:TAS.

Some young Hispanic guy playing Ted "Wildcat" Grant:

Ugh no! Not another one of those "young" people that have been invading Hollywood. I thought that was only limited to New Star Wars. Now Arrow is jumping on this bandwagon of casing young, attractive people. Don't worry, feat, this is bound to be some new fad that will blow over in about a year. Tops.

@smilepunch@

breakfast460_zpse7e81d28.jpg

Dorothy-of-oz-film-c06d3_zpse00600e4.jpg

James-Dean-james-dean-16396863-300-399_zps80014d7d.jpg

Makes since. Get that sort of "lovers quad-angle" with Ollie and Chlo-uh Felicity, and Laurel and Ted Grant (a Hispanic name if ever there were one). Plus they do a little ethnic make-over on the 'Cat to make everything seem more street.

It sounds potentially chiche, but since they are bringing back Sara (Any guesses who's gonna die heroically for sweeps?), giving us the Flash, and even the Atom (sort of), I'll let this one slide.

Some young Hispanic guy playing Ted "Wildcat" Grant:

Ugh no! Not another one of those "young" people that have been invading Hollywood. I thought that was only limited to New Star Wars. Now Arrow is jumping on this bandwagon of casing young, attractive people. Don't worry, feat, this is bound to be some new fad that will blow over in about a year. Tops.

@smilepunch@

breakfast460_zpse7e81d28.jpg

Dorothy-of-oz-film-c06d3_zpse00600e4.jpg

James-Dean-james-dean-16396863-300-399_zps80014d7d.jpg

Where's your picture of Steve McQueen as the oldest teenager ever from "The Blob?"

The 2-post sarcasm is warranted on my Star Wars critique, but for Wildcat? C'mon, we already give a lot of leeway on DC taking these characters in different directions year to year, but Ted Grant? Are they going to take characters that are usually young and inexperienced and make them the wizened and experienced mentors later on? Or are we over that sort of thing? Maybe I should ask Mark Hamill's beard...

The 2-post sarcasm is warranted on my Star Wars critique, but for Wildcat?

You were only treated to two posts of my sarcasm because the thing wouldn't let me post all the pics I wanted in one reply :)

You know, in my mind, Green Arrow himself should be an older dude. Late 30s, or maybe even (gasp!) 40s, with a curly goatee. My ideal Green Arrow has been around a while, has seen a lot of things. The GA from the O'Neil/Adams Hard Traveling Heroes stories or the Mike Grell GA who's muling over retirement, that's the guy I'm talking about. They chose not to go that rout with the title character this time around. They didn't put the Green Arrow on TV exactly as I envisioned in my mind. You know why that's OK? Because the final product is good. If you have a quality final product, it trumps almost anything, IMO.

If this can be pulled off with A-list Green Arrow, I'm not going to worry about C-list Wildcat.