Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Wow. Oliver mentioned Bruce Wayne, and the Human Target. Wasn't that a special treat. It's almost like Ollie's pretending to be in a DC Universe that doesn't suck.

Watching more CW superhero shows last night....well, trying too....baby was fussing too much. But during a fit of crying and screaming a saw a commercial for this week's Arrow and I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of Michale Emerson. Is he a regular now? Guest star? I really liked him on Lost and Person of Interest and I always thought he'd make a great Riddler.

Just heard former teen heart-throb and original Mirror Master, David Cassidy, father of Katie Cassidy, died yesterday. Kinda floored me as I've been a fan for as long as I can remember.

Sad day for anybody who came up in the 70s.

A week w/ decent eps of all four shows? I'll call it a win, although,Curtis' comments got really annoying.

Now, on to the crossover...

Just heard former teen heart-throb and original Mirror Master, David Cassidy, father of Katie Cassidy, died yesterday. Kinda floored me as I've been a fan for as long as I can remember.

Sad day for anybody who came up in the 70s.

Look at it this way, nowadays whenever I read a headline featuring the name of an actor I respect or admire, I kind of hope it means they died instead of them being accused of sexual harassment.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/29/arrowverse-justice-league-no-plans-for-batman/

Marc Guggenheim, only you could take the most reasonable, rational and sound explanation in the world and turn it into the stupidest think I've ever heard. I guess its true. Of all the Marc Guggenheims in the world, you're the Marc Guggenheimiest.*

* Apologies to Charles Shultz.

I mean...there's only so many days in the week, right?

Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Black Lightning.....and that's just counting the CW shows. (Is Teen Titans going to be CW?)

I mean...there's only so many days in the week, right?

Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Black Lightning.....and that's just counting the CW shows. (Is Teen Titans going to be CW?)

I think it's gonna launch WB's streaming service... or on Amazon, I can't keep all the streamers straight anymore. It's like the '90s when suddenly everyone wanted to start their own TV network.

Anyway, if the number of super-shows bothers you that much, I can suggest two or three I wouldn't mind losing.

I did what I almost never do and clicked on an online article to read it. The headline was something along the lines of "Here's why CW needs to cancel Arrow".

I lost interest in that show a long time ago but I was still curious about their opinions (it's ALL opinion in these online "news" articles these days, right?). They claimed the show has lost its direction since Oliver found his way off the island (ie, no more flashbacks) and now is a good time to wrap it up and provided a list of other ways the show has lost its edge.

Now again, I have not watched regularly in about 2 or 3 years, but I feel pretty confident in saying they will not be giving this show the ax....even if they SHOULD. These shows have a tendency to linger long after their glory days are done. Instead of going out on top, networks cling to them and eventually let them die in their Friday night graves after 10, 11, or 12 + seasons (Smallville). Personally, I don't feel ANY TV show, even my most beloved shows ever, should last more than 5-7 years.

I might pick this show up where I left off via netflix. I know Michael Emmerson is on the show now and I love that guy, so if nothing else maybe I'll just skip ahead to the season he's in. We'll see.

Thoughts from people who watch this show still?

I think its obvious at this point that Arrow has the same kind of fans that Star Wars has. Every new movie, Jed-Heads flock to the theatre in droves, and as soon as the credits role, they're typing madly on their Google-apple iMini phone pad notebooks about how horrible it was. Yet, the very next movie those same Jed-Heads are right back there with their popcorn and raisinettes doing the same bloody thing.

Good or bad, until it gets to expensive to make, Arrow isn't going anywhere.

Settle down, everyone. It's just a coincidence.

Yeah, lets call it that. Just a freakishly well timed coincidence. @hmmm@

And yet another character, there from the beginning, is chewed up and spit out by the Felicity machine.