Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

I gotta start paying closer attention. I can't believe I missed Moira's lawyer is Jean Loring.

As someone who will take Wally West over Barry Allen every time, I really liked the intro to Barry on Arrow. When all else fails, make him a geek, I suppose...

There's a lot for fanboys to be happy about from the last two episodes. Besides a pretty solid Flash origin, there's Solomon Grundy, Arrow's new mask, and Slade (I knew he'd pop up outside of flashbacks).

This will put me in the minority but I kind of like Arrow in the "realistic", "Nolanesque" world free from superpowers and all that. I hope they tread down this new road lightly. They've built up a solid story line and supporting cast of their own and I don't think they should all take a back seat just to fit in the latest DC cameo. It's done a solid job of balancing the two so far, though.

As someone who will take Wally West over Barry Allen every time, I really liked the intro to Barry on Arrow. When all else fails, make him a geek, I suppose...

There's a lot for fanboys to be happy about from the last two episodes. Besides a pretty solid Flash origin, there's Solomon Grundy, Arrow's new mask, and Slade (I knew he'd pop up outside of flashbacks).

This will put me in the minority but I kind of like Arrow in the "realistic", "Nolanesque" world free from superpowers and all that. I hope they tread down this new road lightly. They've built up a solid story line and supporting cast of their own and I don't think they should all take a back seat just to fit in the latest DC cameo. It's done a solid job of balancing the two so far, though.

It looks like Roy will have superpowers though...

The mask was great... CW is finally learning...

I really hope Flash will be in costume at some point...

I really hope Flash will be in costume at some point...
"'...And he will be The Flash. He will wear a red costume, and he will go by that name.'” (From here)

The question is, just how much of a 'costume' we'll see, Smallville's 'The Blur' or 'Impulse', comic accurate/CBS' The Flash, or somewhere inbetween...? @hmmm@

I'm glad GA finally got a mask, instead of Wolverine's 'Patch' look, lol

I wouldn't have known who Cyrus Gold was, if I hadn't read an article about it, cool to see another actual character introduced, unlike some other shows, lol

For my money at least, there's reality and then there's "reality." I never really considered Arrow to be THAT grounded in the "real-world," so I don't have a problem with powers and suits. I mean, look at the physical feats Ollie pulled off in the first season alone. Is a lab-tech breaking the sound-barrier on foot really that big a stretch? Of course, that's not saying they should have Cloverfield stomp through down-town Starling or an alien invasion storyline for the next sweeps period, but there is some leeway here.

Seriously, even Law & Order crossed over with X-Files once!

It looks like Roy will have superpowers though...

I hope not....

Maybe for an episode or two, but I bet this segues into some kind of update of Roy's drug addiction storyline from the comics.

For my money at least, there's reality and then there's "reality." I never really considered Arrow to be THAT grounded in the "real-world," so I don't have a problem with powers and suits. I mean, look at the physical feats Ollie pulled off in the first season alone. Is a lab-tech breaking the sound-barrier on foot really that big a stretch? Of course, that's not saying they should have Cloverfield stomp through down-town Starling or an alien invasion storyline for the next sweeps period, but there is some leeway here.

Seriously, even Law & Order crossed over with X-Files once!

It's definitely striking a good balance between "reality" and "comic booky"...and as far as "Nolanesque," it lacks the pretention to fully qualify...and that's more than fine by me!

Just caught up in viewing to get to tomorrow's new episode. Solomon Grundy, Brother Blood, Ras Al Ghul, Merlyn, Deathstroke, AND THE FLASH!!! Really looking forward to all the great things yet to come...loving this show!

They may have mentioned this and I just missed it, but does that mean that the 20th Arrow episode won't be about the Flash anymore? Or will Barry get the backdoor pilot plus a regular pilot?

I don't think you'll see Barry on Arrow again, at least, not any time soon. According to this,

"...we won't see more of him in this season. There will be a lot of ties to the Flash pilot. Hopefully we'll get to do more...Despite all the excitement surrounding Barry Allen's appearance, “the show is called Arrow. It's still the story of Oliver Queen, and of course we're going to keep it so.”

"...we won't see more of him in this season. There will be a lot of ties to the Flash pilot. Hopefully we'll get to do more...Despite all the excitement surrounding Barry Allen's appearance, “the show is called Arrow. It's still the story of Oliver Queen, and of course we're going to keep it so.”

That's a good approach, I think. One thing about Smallville was that people only seemed to talk about/care about who the next superhero guest star was, especially in the later seasons. What about the MAIN CHARACTER? If the show's being done right, I think that's what fan's should be most concerned with. I'm all for super-guest appearances....if done sparingly.

This week's ep was so-so. I'll overlook the parallel of Oliver and Bruce Wayne both having friends running for office that turn out to be crazy villains. I hope this is the last we see of Oliver being douchy to he partners.

Deathstroke next week!

Deathstroke next week!

thought last night's episode was a lil weak, but that may just be expectations after having such a long break.

I'll try and not get overhyped for the Terminator, but...bring it on!

Crap. Just as I get used to Laurel having a major plot-line in her own show, they undo everything she has done over the last several episodes to make room for Super Speedy, the plotline nobody asked for.

Is this like some Irwin Allen thing? Did Katie P-O the producer so they wrote her out of a bunch of episodes. Honestly, is this where Arrow is going? The female lead barely makes a cameo in most episodes, but Roy gets his own sidekick?

Did Katie P-O the producer so they wrote her out of a bunch of episodes. Honestly, is this where Arrow is going? The female lead barely makes a cameo in most episodes, but Roy gets his own sidekick?

maybe it's a bit of method acting for the drug addict storyline, but she looks like she's dropped some weight this season. Looking a bit gaunt...maybe she's got some personal problems?

I don't care for the Laurel character... They should just kill her off... I do like to see more Sara though... Deathstroke looks like a badass... I wonder if they are actually going to use the term Terminator in the show...

I don't care for the Laurel character... They should just kill her off...

Honestly, I feel the same way about Chloe, War Machine, Super Roy and his side kick, Joan Jett.

Laurel's getting shafted this season, no doubt. I had a feeling this would happen when things got all superpower-y. Yeah, she does look skinnier, too.

I don't get how she's Laurel DINA Lance but it's actually the sister Sara that's Black Canary (?)

I like island Deathstroke costume better.