'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

Yeah they did a good job on the Hawks.

I remember being pretty happy with Smallville's Hawkman too...

No competition here, I loved that version to. Honestly, anytime one of these shows breaks down, accepts the fact they are based on a comic book and starts putting superheroes in honest to God supersuits, I'm a kid watching Superfriends on Saturday morning again.

BTW: Between Arrow, The Flash, and Legends, it helps that most of these guys WERE Superfriends.

• 4 weeks later...

Good season primer! My scrutiny meter was turned up to high going into this one. Last season wasn't terrible but there were a few missteps, seemed to lack direction. I was looking forward to the new take on the character and this ep appears to be heading in the right direction. I did enjoy seeing Oliver living the suburban life...even if it was short. Speedy and Black Canary action was great, can't wait to get both of their figures! Digneto.......needs a new costume. Liking the new GA costume, I'm sure the action figure is already on the drawing board. "Jordan"! The ending secene gave us all reason to hope.

Did I see a CBS (Supergirl) show being advertised during a commercial on the CW?

Maybe we can change the title of this thread to just plain "Arrow discussion thread"? If there's anyone still around to care...........?

What the devil happened to David Ramsey? Did anybody see the Guitar-hero ad? His arm looks bigger than Candace Patton's head! Somebody's been hitting the gym! (I wonder if the gym survived?)

Nice season opener, plenty of surprises (one actually made me say "Whoah!"). Lots of story set-up and character arcs set in motion. Now get on with the important stuff.

Send in Jeri Ryan. @luv@

• 3 weeks later...

Has it sunk in for anybody else that she-who-must-not-be-named has a sidekick now? Not just any sidekick, but an eccentric, super-genius, glasses wearing sidekick, who seems to know a lot about just about everything.

That's right America!

Felicity has a Felicity!

Has it sunk in for anybody else that she-who-must-not-be-named has a sidekick now? Not just any sidekick, but an eccentric, super-genius, glasses wearing sidekick, who seems to know a lot about just about everything.

That's right America!

Felicity has a Felicity!

Don't forget, he's a gay Felicity. Yes, I noticed the same thing as I was watching last week.

I don't care anymore. Actually, this show is kind of wearing off on me. I don't know if it's the Christian in me or just the fact that resurrecting dead comic characters (in print or on TV) has just gotten SOOOOOO....tired, but I'm not a fan of throwing everyone who's "died" into the Lazarus Pit for no other reason than that the surviving loved one is just so sad they they're gone ("____________ died, and I can't deal with how unfair that is. I'm bringing them back and I don't care if they come back as a murderous lunatic, as long as I don't have to deal with my grief"). Really? You have Canary and Firestorm who have both died twice and have (or will) come back. You have Atom who will be back soon. Yawn.

That's right America!

Felicity has a Felicity!

Don't forget, he's a gay Felicity. Yes, I noticed the same thing as I was watching last week.

I don't care anymore. Actually, this show is kind of wearing off on me. I don't know if it's the Christian in me or just the fact that resurrecting dead comic characters (in print or on TV) has just gotten SOOOOOO....tired, but I'm not a fan of throwing everyone who's "died" into the Lazarus Pit for no other reason than that the surviving loved one is just so sad they they're gone ("____________ died, and I can't deal with how unfair that is. I'm bringing them back and I don't care if they come back as a murderous lunatic, as long as I don't have to deal with my grief"). Really? You have Canary and Firestorm who have both died twice and have (or will) come back. You have Atom who will be back soon. Yawn.

You think its bad now? The Arrow-verse is getting a time-lord soon.

"Oh Bugger, their all dead. Oh well, I'll just toddle off to the TARDI . . . uh, time-bubble and set them right!"

Amazing! Even in the face of the return of the Atom as a SHRINKING superhero (Yes!), the return of Sara-Canary (YESSS!!!), and Dig finally getting a code-name (meh.); She-Who-Musty-Not-Be-Named and Mother-Of-She-Who-Must-not-Be-Named can still render any Arrow episode almost completely unwatchable.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. They actually made a better "The Flash" episode than "The Flash" did. Who knew?

I will say, I thought the cliché old paternity subplot felt a bit common, but then this is the CW. I suspect they shoe-horned that bit in to help keep the episode grounded amongst the reincarnated winged warriors, immortal stalkers, and time-traveling heroes.

Wow. They actually made a better "The Flash" episode than "The Flash" did. Who knew?

I will say, I thought the cliché old paternity subplot felt a bit common, but then this is the CW. I suspect they shoe-horned that bit in to help keep the episode grounded amongst the reincarnated winged warriors, immortal stalkers, and time-traveling heroes.

I did like this chapter a bit more than last night's. Again, I really dug the Hawkman/Hawkgirl set up. And the part where Arrow and everyone else gets blown to bits was pretty darn cool (and in the case of some characters, pretty satisfying).

The subplot was just as shoehorned as the Flash's "Harrison gets shot" plot. The whole "You can visit him but you can't tell ANYONE (ie Felicity) about him" just screams "soap opera". You know the mom is going to die. It's a given. In fact, I just got a new theory about who's in that grave as I am typing this. You know, the grave we hope someone else is in? (And when I say "we hope" I basically mean me and Mako who appear to be the only ones who still comment here.) Why aren't they naming the kid Conner???

This episode could have easily been the exact same thing without Katelyn, Diggle, Thea, and Laurel.

I guess I don't want to sound like I'm coming down too hard. In the end, it's good superhero fun.

Oh gosh (he said sarcastically), is She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named going to die?

As much as I've waited for the world's trashiest IT Girl to buy the farm, I can't even enjoy it. Where's the meaning, where's the gravitas? We got magic springs that restore the dead, we got Speedsters who can run through time, and we'll be getting a time-lord . . uh . . traveler pretty soon. Plus the fact that almost 90% of the cast has died and come back already.

All this is mute anyway. I couldn't make it through the CHRISTMAS party. Obviously Berlanti has an agenda, but grinding the entire episode to a halt so he can gush about Star City's newest sexual deviants? I actually felt physical pain watching this.

How long till Supergirl comes back again?

I know someone's going to reply to what I'm going to say with the old line, "Beggers can't be choosers":

The whole terrorists attacking innocent people during the holidays overtone left the ultimate pay off (Felicity's apparent death) feeling a little bit cold for me. The whole tone just hits too close to home this day in age. If she was run through by Deathstroke after some hard-fought superheroics? I'd be dancing now.

You're right...no use getting too excited about this. not when the entire first half of the season has literally been bringing back one dead character after another.

I enjoyed that whole episode. I'm not sure about Felicity's death. I was surprised they killed her. She was a fan favorite (well not here) but at Comic Con she got a huge reaction when she was introed. So I'm a bit suspect on her death. I hope they don't take her to the lazarus pit because that would just be stupid and make no sense. If they did indeed kill her off then they totally caught me off guard. But here's hoping this brings back the on the edge Arrow that doesn't mind killing bad guys.