Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

I think Thea would be more in shock she killed her bartender and kept it in her freezer.

I'm glad there is more Willa Holland in the show. She's a hot lady.

So that's who took down my favorite live-action Black Canary. I can't help thinking the revelation might've held more gravitas if every guest villain since the second episode of the season AND two members of the main cast hadn't already been paraded out as red-herrings. Plus the whole mind control drug plot-device was kind of a cop-out.

Still a solid episode and a great cliff-hanger. Especially loved the way the fight was handled. Ollie gave as good as he had, and even won some admiration from Ra's, but they also left absolutely no doubt that Ollie never stood a chance.

Also dug Laurel's little break down where she tells pretty much everyone she runs into every secret she's been keeping this season (including Sara's KILLER!!!). This is why Katie needs more screen time.

It's gonna be a long wait til the end of January.

It would send fanboys into a frenzy if that is Batfleck saving Arrow... Too bad DC still haven't figured it out...

Please, Slade. Please come back! Remember there is "one more to die"! We need you, big guy!

He's BAAACK.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/arrow-star-teases-deathstrokes-impossible-return-003748767.html

Best of all, it doesn't sound like it's just a Flasback sequence!

Good. Now it's time to get some killing done.

Oh, I found this for you, mako @smilepunch@

http://community.ew.com/2015/01/07/felicity-smoak-arrow-wardrobe/

some nice car and stunt work, particularly the warehouse shootout with Dig and Red Arrow, but ultimately a lackluster half-season premiere. Unlike the island years, the Hong Kong stuff is really dragging it down for me. Most of this episode was Felicity crying to everyone about Oliver's "death." There was Brick, and the first appearance of Laurel's Canary, but that was kinda shoehorned in there last minute.

Seriously, am I the only one who wanted to reach into their TV screen and slap the living snot out of Felicity during her little temper tantrum after sabotaging the warehouse bust? And the cheap-shot about Palmer's dead wife? The world's trashiest "good girl" has officially surpassed Kristin Kreuk's Lana Lang in terms of pure unadulterated narcissism.

On a brighter note: I literally laughed when Oliver woke up after being ran through with a sword, falling hundreds of feet off a mountain, landing on a rock-ledge the size of a coffee table where he lay for at least four days . . . shirtless . . . in the snow, and the only medical advice his rescuer deemed necessary was "Be careful or you'll rip your sutures?"

Yeah, their better be a lazarus pit in there someplace or this show is gonna lose a load of credibility.

It was all right. Some good scenes with Thea and Merlin. Black Canary's appearance was brief but welcome. I'm still betting Oliver's revival has something to do with the Lazarus Pit.

Still, at the end of the day, this episode proved that Arrow needs to have Arrow in it.

And the cheap-shot about Palmer's dead wife?

But I loved Ray's reaction. "You don't get to tell me..." Good stuff.

Yeah, those all-to-rare scenes that take Ray out of "goof-ball stalker" mode and actually give his character some gravitas are always welcome. Just to bad this one was muddled by the producers pathological need to make EVERY scene revolve around you know who.

"Yes, yes Ray, So sad. Now back to MY PROBLEMS."

And the cheap-shot about Palmer's dead wife?

But I loved Ray's reaction. "You don't get to tell me..." Good stuff.

They trying to push a ATOM show... This is a good start...

Felicity is now on the top of my "Kill Her Off" list...

So Oliver was run through by a sword and fell a few hundred feet and just kind of....healed up?

Anyway, not a bad episode overall. I liked the Canary and Red Arrow action and I'm really glad Laurel is getting in on the action. I'm also liking Thea's story line with her dad. I'm glad douchy dj guy is actually more than a douchy dj guy, but I guess I should have expected that. Felicity's annoyance factor was dialed down to a mere 2 out of 10 this week. I can't get past thinking "Superman" whenever I see Ray Palmer....

I really want the rest of those DC Collectibles Arrow figures to come out soon!

I didn't like how Laurel kind of rushed into the current crisis. Honestly, she should be dead.

The only thing that bothers me is that as much as the producers are infatuated with Felicity, they seem to have an equal hard-on for kicking Laurel's @$$. That being said, I like that Laurel is kinda stumbling her way into super-heroics. It kinda makes up for Roy's instant transformation from street-rat with issues to full-on Nightwing mode.

It gets much better. I can't think of one thing that hasn't been improved upon in season 2. Maybe the choreography was better in season 1 but it's debatable.

Anyone remember the classic Star Trek TNG line, "Shut up, Wesley"? Well, what if Arrow adapted that line for Felicity? It would be great! It may just be me but it seemed like with Ollie gone they went ahead and made her the unofficial leader of the group. Wouldn't a better choice have been Diggle or......ANYONE else? She also got really mad at the end. She really hates the way Ollie did things. Maybe it's time for her to just leave?

Again, the action with Red Arrow, Canary, and them getting the town together to fight Brick was pretty solid. Merlin and Thea's storyline continues to be entertaining but now I get the feeling that it will be Merlin that goes down by the end of the season and not you-know-who. He's gotta pay for those 500-some lives he took with his earthquake machine. That would be a shame because he's a solid villain...or, I guess now you'd call him a shade of grey...

Shut up, Felicity.

Anyone remember the classic Star Trek TNG line, "Shut up, Wesley"? Well, what if Arrow adapted that line for Felicity? It would be great! It may just be me but it seemed like with Ollie gone they went ahead and made her the unofficial leader of the group. Wouldn't a better choice have been Diggle or......ANYONE else? She also got really mad at the end. She really hates the way Ollie did things. Maybe it's time for her to just leave?

Again, the action with Red Arrow, Canary, and them getting the town together to fight Brick was pretty solid. Merlin and Thea's storyline continues to be entertaining but now I get the feeling that it will be Merlin that goes down by the end of the season and not you-know-who. He's gotta pay for those 500-some lives he took with his earthquake machine. That would be a shame because he's a solid villain...or, I guess now you'd call him a shade of grey...

Shut up, Felicity.

We'd all love for Felicity to be killed off . . . or leave . . . or pull a Chuck Cunningham. Alas, I've just come to accept that she is a fixed point on Arrow. Everything that occurs in that universe is going to revolve around her in one way or another.

Shut up, Felicity.

We'd all love for Felicity to be killed off . . . or leave . . . or pull a Chuck Cunningham. Alas, I've just come to accept that she is a fixed point on Arrow. Everything that occurs in that universe is going to revolve around her in one way or another.

Well, next week's Flash episode is dealing with Firestorm again. In some twisted, comic-to-screen adaptation, maybe he's the key to getting rid of Felicity, or at least shutting her up/shoving her in the background?

I don't see her becoming Ronnie's stepmother, but maybe she develops a relationship with Ronnie. And, even though Caitlin Snow says she's moved on from him, there's a some animosity underneath that comes out when she makes her turn as Killer Frost. In a battle of fire and ice, Felicity is impaled on an icicle...or incinerated...both?

What am I saying? That would take at least one full season of story/character development...let's just have Deathstroke break out of prison and kill her in a one-off episode.

This season is such a mess. Was somebody writing a Ras al Ghul season while somebody was writing a Brick season? And one couldn't flesh it out, and the other realized it was too similar to the Mirakuru army seige, so they slammed them together? Let's wrap this part up (with some Merlyn business!), and oh, hey, we forgot about Ted Grant! Here he is, for 30 seconds. Hey, Ollie's back! Now on to Ras and making the Atom.

Focus!

Woah, now! Diggle might be John Stewart Green Lantern?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/02/arrows-david-ramsey-says-serious-discussions-are-taking-place-with-regards-to-john-diggle-becoming-green-lantern.html

I say, "Yes, please!" As for Ramsey's wonderings about how he would fit in to Arrow which is "grounded in reality" (which....maybe he hasn't been paying attention lately...?) I say check out the Hard Traveling Heroes story line. Which, coincidentally, is the only time John Stewart has been interesting.

I come down on Stewart a lot. I think the modern version is a watered down version of his original incarnation, kept around just so there can be a black GL. But if making Diggle GL gives him more to do than look over Felicity's shoulder in the computer room, then go for it. Please, go for it!

I just got an awesome idea for season 4:

Oliver, Diggle, and Laurel hit the road and kick ass all across the USA. Maybe they need to track down an escaped Slade Wilson, who we learn is really responsible for Sara's* death. They stop at major cites (both real and DCU cities) and clean up crime. They leave Felicity** AT HOME! A season-long, modern day, Hard Traveling Heroes romp! It would be the best season yet! How would that not be the best season yet?

(Substitute Slade being responsible for Sara's* death for Slade being responsible for Felicity's** death. I'd take either one.)

Woah, now! Diggle might be John Stewart Green Lantern?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/02/arrows-david-ramsey-says-serious-discussions-are-taking-place-with-regards-to-john-diggle-becoming-green-lantern.html

I say, "Yes, please!" As for Ramsey's wonderings about how he would fit in to Arrow which is "grounded in reality" (which....maybe he hasn't been paying attention lately...?) I say check out the Hard Traveling Heroes story line. Which, coincidentally, is the only time John Stewart has been interesting.

I come down on Stewart a lot. I think the modern version is a watered down version of his original incarnation, kept around just so there can be a black GL. But if making Diggle GL gives him more to do than look over Felicity's shoulder in the computer room, then go for it. Please, go for it!

I just got an awesome idea for season 4:

Oliver, Diggle, and Laurel hit the road and kick ass all across the USA. Maybe they need to track down an escaped Slade Wilson, who we learn is really responsible for Sara's* death. They stop at major cites (both real and DCU cities) and clean up crime. They leave Felicity** AT HOME! A season-long, modern day, Hard Traveling Heroes romp! It would be the best season yet! How would that not be the best season yet?

(Substitute Slade being responsible for Sara's* death for Slade being responsible for Felicity's** death. I'd take either one.)

I been wanting Diggle to become GL for a while now... I am glad to hear its getting a serious discussion...

I hope they start limiting Felicity... I want to see her killed off every time she is in a scene bitching about something...