Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

First Deathstroke, then Not Talia, now Captain Boomerang. The Spartacus alumni keep on coming in. Not that that's a bad thing.

Sorry to say Cap Boomerang was the most interesting part of this episode. I was bored with Cupid as soon as she appeared last episode. The Oliver/Felicity thing that I was hoping was dead is not. I was indifferent to Felicity for two seasons, now I'm hoping she's killed off. Why is she getting top billing over Laurel? I don't care who she dates! DJ Douchey saves the day by stopping the crappy music and playing crappy music then Thea lets him kiss her....why? Because he's so attractive? Come on. Let's hope he gets interesting really soon.

Arrow vs Flash should be good then we'll likely get the Christmas break. Hopefully Arrow will come back next year firing on all cylinders.

After long consideration I have come to the conclusion that Felicity is to Arrow what Jimmy Olsen was to Smallville. Yeah, I'm waiting for Davis Bloome and his hunk o' pipe to.

After long consideration I have come to the conclusion that Felicity is to Arrow what Jimmy Olsen was to Smallville. Yeah, I'm waiting for Davis Bloome and his hunk o' pipe to.

HA! You know I honestly think Smallville Jimmy was the most interesting incarnation of that character that I have ever seen on screen or in print. Seriously. That's the only instance I can think of where he wasn't treated as a bow tie wearing relic that get's people donuts and reminds us every so often that he has a signal watcher for Superman. They at least tried to make him a real character. I thought it was lame when they killed him because DC/WB didn't like the closeness in age between him and Welling. As if that was the only liberty that the show had taken. Then they tell us he had a twin brother? Who inherited his camera? Who was also named Jimmy? Lame!

First Deathstroke, then Not Talia, now Captain Boomerang. The Spartacus alumni keep on coming in. Not that that's a bad thing.

Sorry to say Cap Boomerang was the most interesting part of this episode. I was bored with Cupid as soon as she appeared last episode. The Oliver/Felicity thing that I was hoping was dead is not. I was indifferent to Felicity for two seasons, now I'm hoping she's killed off. Why is she getting top billing over Laurel? I don't care who she dates! DJ Douchey saves the day by stopping the crappy music and playing crappy music then Thea lets him kiss her....why? Because he's so attractive? Come on. Let's hope he gets interesting really soon.

Arrow vs Flash should be good then we'll likely get the Christmas break. Hopefully Arrow will come back next year firing on all cylinders.

The first sign of The Atom is a plus...

The thing that annoys me about the show is that anyone can become a badass in a short amount of time...

Looks like the beautiful, but oh so melancholy, Laurel will become Black Canary in a three episode arc running through episodes 10, 11, and 12. Can you believe it!?! The female lead of the whole series finally gets some focus, for three whole episodes! Of course, given the producers' predilection with the world's most capable, yet still whiny IT-chick, they'll probably find some way to have the whole thing revolve around Felicity.

Looks like the beautiful, but oh so melancholy, Laurel will become Black Canary in a three episode arc running through episodes 10, 11, and 12. Can you believe it!?! The female lead of the whole series finally gets some focus, for three whole episodes! Of course, given the producers' predilection with the world's most capable, yet still whiny IT-chick, they'll probably find some way to have the whole thing revolve around Felicity.

You have converted me, mako. The show does not need Felicity. Give Laurel all of her screen time. Green Arrow is a resourceful dude and can complete all of his missions without hacker chick talking at him via blue tooth.

Please, Slade. Please come back! Remember there is "one more to die"! We need you, big guy!

Yes, revolve every episode around Felicity!

Laurel hasn't exactly been a great character so far and I couldn't careless for her....her sister was much more interesting when she was alive.

I'm sorry, have you been watching Arrow? Every episode DOES revolve around Felicity. And every conversation in said episodes. And every story development.

I don't know who Rickards slept with to get this level of exposure, but they're ruining the show for me (and I only kinda liked it in the first place).

The funny thing is (and by "funny" I mean "predictable") they've written her into the mainstream comic too! New 52 Green Arrow is now like TV show Arrow in print.

really enjoyed the Captain Boomerang fights last night

"Sharing a cell with Slade Wilson"?

Basically telling us to expect a team up of two former Spartacus gladiators by season's end! Maybe they'll get some help from Not-Talia and have a Spartacus reunion right here on Arrow. Only with their clothes on.

Is it too much to hope for a bullet AND a boomerang for Felicity?

I'm sorry, have you been watching Arrow? Every episode DOES revolve around Felicity. And every conversation in said episodes. And every story development.

I don't know who Rickards slept with to get this level of exposure, but they're ruining the show for me (and I only kinda liked it in the first place).

I can't disagree more.

Diggle gets a side story as does Roy and Laurel.

The action and main story still centers on Ollie.

Basically telling us to expect a team up of two former Spartacus gladiators by season's end! Maybe they'll get some help from Not-Talia and have a Spartacus reunion right here on Arrow. Only with their clothes on.

Hey!

Watch the hate for my favorite tech girl!

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

She was tolerable the first two seasons. But this type of character can be seen on just about every TV show nowadays. The quirky tech-geek who's ready to solve any problem with some random, off-camera keyboard chatter. Now it seems they've made the mistake of expanding her roll to the point were--as mako pointed out--the real female lead will take a back seat to her every time.

Get her out!

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

She was tolerable the first two seasons. But this type of character can be seen on just about every TV show nowadays. The quirky tech-geek who's ready to solve any problem with some random, off-camera keyboard chatter. Now it seems they've made the mistake of expanding her roll to the point were--as mako pointed out--the real female lead will take a back seat to her every time.

Get her out!

Real female lead!?!

Do you mean Laurel because she hasn't been shown in 2+ seasons to be up to the task.

Don't blame the actress but her character hasn't even remotely gotten me involved or even caring about her.

Sorry but Sara was a much more interesting and involving female lead but they killed her off.

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

Get her out!

Real female lead!?!

Do you mean Laurel because she hasn't been shown in 2+ seasons to be up to the task.

Don't blame the actress but her character hasn't even remotely gotten me involved or even caring about her.

Sorry but Sara was a much more interesting and involving female lead but they killed her off.

Caity%20Lotz-08.jpg

*sniffle*

Laurel is even more annoying than Felicity... I was hoping they kill her off but that isn't going to happen now...

Laurel is even more annoying than Felicity... I was hoping they kill her off but that isn't going to happen now...

I totally agree

Totally Random Thought:

Which would be more of a shock for Thea? That her brother is the infamous Arrow, or that he stored the dead body of her former bar-tender in the freezer of her club.

Pretty good mid season finale! The Ra's vs Oliver fight was well done with some good snowy scenery. Reminded me of Batman Begins. The guy that plays Ra's is winning me over. The Ausie accent is prominent at times, but the part is played well, which is the main thing. The teaser for next year was not enough! Which is what makes it a good teaser. "Oliver Queen is dead" with a foot stepping into screen. Who's food is that!!!??? (Slade!)

I remember Alex Kingston from ER and she is 100% more entertaining than Felicity's flake of a mom. And she looks like Laurel. I can't imagine my mom giving me her blessing to get revenge and make them suffer, but that's what makes it a drama.

I also liked the lies that are starting to build over Oliver and Thea, that's making their relationship interesting too. Plus they kept Thea's inevitable douchy DJ boyfriend out of sight, I'll take that as long as it lasts.

So...Arrow is dead.

We're all but being told that we'll be seeing the Lazarus Pit soon. Fine by me, the only down side there is that if my wish is granted and Felicity is killed off, the obvious plot line will be Oliver tries to get her to a pit to bring her back. But I won't worry too much over theoretical stuff yet...

So...Arrow is dead.

We're all but being told that we'll be seeing the Lazarus Pit soon. Fine by me, the only down side there is that if my wish is granted and Felicity is killed off, the obvious plot line will be Oliver tries to get her to a pit to bring her back. But I won't worry too much over theoretical stuff yet...

Or he's only "mostly" dead...