'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

Wait.... The tech-nerd who becomes a reluctant vigilante, the street-guy on his way to becoming a hero, and an angry young masked woman.

They really haven't created a new team so much as photocopied the old one and changed the names, have they?

Good call Guggenstein . . . stick with what didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

Dolph Lundgren As The New Villain On 'Arrow'

New Season Synopsises For 'Supergirl','The Flash', And 'Arrow'

"Arrow Season 5 premieres October 5th.

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. Oliver returned home to Star City, bent on righting the wrongs of his family and fighting injustice. As the Green Arrow, he protects his city with the help of former soldier John Diggle (David Ramsey), computer science expert Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), his vigilante-trained sister Thea Queen (Willa Holland), former police captain Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) and brilliant inventor Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum). Newly appointed Mayor Oliver Queen finds himself challenged as he fights on two fronts for the future of Star City. With Diggle back in the military and Thea adamant about hanging up her hood as Speedy, Team Green Arrow is down to just Oliver and Felicity – but they’re no longer the only vigilantes in town. Green Arrow’s public defeat of Damien Darhk at the end of Season Four has inspired a new crop of masked heroes to step up and defend the city, though their painful inexperience makes them obstacles, rather than allies, in the field. The arrival of a deadly new adversary will force Oliver to confront questions about his own legacy, both as mayor and as the Green Arrow.

The 'Human Target' Is Aiming For Arrow In Season Five

Season Promo Teasers For 'Arrow', 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl'

• 3 weeks later...

Not that it really matters but since Deathstroke is apparently coming to the DC movie universe, you can bet we've seen the last of him on Arrow. Kind of like how they suddenly killed their Deadshot and Suicide Squad sub plots once the SS movie was announced.

Deathstroke, incidentally, was the last really good thing to happen to that show.

Not that it really matters but since Deathstroke is apparently coming to the DC movie universe, you can bet we've seen the last of him on Arrow. Kind of like how they suddenly killed their Deadshot and Suicide Squad sub plots once the SS movie was announced.

Deathstroke, incidentally, was the last really good thing to happen to that show.

I read an article a while ago where the actress that plays Thea talked about how she wishes that DC movie verse and TV verse would exist in the same universe. She specifically mentioned the Suicide Squad and how they were setting up a great storyline and they were told to scrap it so it wouldn't conflict with the movie. She sounded very upset about the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, against my better judgement I gave Arrow season 5 a chance.

NOT a promising start.

I get they wanna take some time to establish the big-bad for the season, and they wanna make the show a little more "street" this season, but their place-holder baddie kinda blows. Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of the righteous like an out of shape thug who sounds like Tone Loc and was actually out of breath BEFORE his first fight scene!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am hearing reports from multiple sources that Arrow is actually (**gasp**) getting good again? Can anyone confirm this rumor? Do I need to start setting aside time on Wednesdays again?

Hey, its Arrow. That's all I can say. They haven't fixed anything, or made anything worse. Just the same stuff happening to new people who I care even less about than the old people.

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER:

Now, I can't pretend I've watched any of Arrow this season and I can only go by what I've read online, not what I've actually watched and judged for myself. That said:

One of my LEAST favorite aspects of comic book story lines are the endless amounts of character "deaths" and resurrections. It appears Arrow has translated that particular aspect of the genre onto the silver screen most thoroughly.

JUST between the two Lance sisters, how many total deaths and resurrections have there been so far?

One of my LEAST favorite aspects of comic book story lines are the endless amounts of character "deaths" and resurrections. It appears Arrow has translated that particular aspect of the genre onto the silver screen most thoroughly.

Resurrection or not, I've always hated the concept of character death as a dramatic tool (dramatic tool being a euphemism for cheap ratings grab). Having lost two family members within a month of each other this year, needless to say, hasn't exactly warmed me to the notion either.

Then again, considering the laundry-list of crap moves that have come out of the Arrow in the last five years, brining back the one least objectionable character on the series is actually forgivable.

Besides, who else can they ignore in favor of endless Olicity story-lines?

Oh come on! I swallowed my pride... and a little bile, and tried to watch the Arrow segment of the Invasion crossover. I made it about five minutes. Seriously, it's the biggest crossover the Arrowverse shows have ever attempted, possibly the biggest crossover of its kind PERIOD, and the best the writers can do is a word for word knock-off of a plot I first saw a quarter of a century ago... on a Batman cartoon!!!

Yeah baby! Arrow season five... the quality is back!!!

• 1 month later...