'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

really enjoyed the Captain Boomerang fights last night

"Sharing a cell with Slade Wilson"?

Basically telling us to expect a team up of two former Spartacus gladiators by season's end! Maybe they'll get some help from Not-Talia and have a Spartacus reunion right here on Arrow. Only with their clothes on.

Is it too much to hope for a bullet AND a boomerang for Felicity?

Hey!

Watch the hate for my favorite tech girl!

Basically telling us to expect a team up of two former Spartacus gladiators by season's end! Maybe they'll get some help from Not-Talia and have a Spartacus reunion right here on Arrow. Only with their clothes on.

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

She was tolerable the first two seasons. But this type of character can be seen on just about every TV show nowadays. The quirky tech-geek who's ready to solve any problem with some random, off-camera keyboard chatter. Now it seems they've made the mistake of expanding her roll to the point were--as mako pointed out--the real female lead will take a back seat to her every time.

Get her out!

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

She was tolerable the first two seasons. But this type of character can be seen on just about every TV show nowadays. The quirky tech-geek who's ready to solve any problem with some random, off-camera keyboard chatter. Now it seems they've made the mistake of expanding her roll to the point were--as mako pointed out--the real female lead will take a back seat to her every time.

Get her out!

Real female lead!?!

Do you mean Laurel because she hasn't been shown in 2+ seasons to be up to the task.

Don't blame the actress but her character hasn't even remotely gotten me involved or even caring about her.

Sorry but Sara was a much more interesting and involving female lead but they killed her off.

Hey!

Sorry, Cap.

Get her out!

Real female lead!?!

Do you mean Laurel because she hasn't been shown in 2+ seasons to be up to the task.

Don't blame the actress but her character hasn't even remotely gotten me involved or even caring about her.

Sorry but Sara was a much more interesting and involving female lead but they killed her off.

Caity%20Lotz-08.jpg

*sniffle*

Pretty good mid season finale! The Ra's vs Oliver fight was well done with some good snowy scenery. Reminded me of Batman Begins. The guy that plays Ra's is winning me over. The Ausie accent is prominent at times, but the part is played well, which is the main thing. The teaser for next year was not enough! Which is what makes it a good teaser. "Oliver Queen is dead" with a foot stepping into screen. Who's food is that!!!??? (Slade!)

I remember Alex Kingston from ER and she is 100% more entertaining than Felicity's flake of a mom. And she looks like Laurel. I can't imagine my mom giving me her blessing to get revenge and make them suffer, but that's what makes it a drama.

I also liked the lies that are starting to build over Oliver and Thea, that's making their relationship interesting too. Plus they kept Thea's inevitable douchy DJ boyfriend out of sight, I'll take that as long as it lasts.

So...Arrow is dead.

We're all but being told that we'll be seeing the Lazarus Pit soon. Fine by me, the only down side there is that if my wish is granted and Felicity is killed off, the obvious plot line will be Oliver tries to get her to a pit to bring her back. But I won't worry too much over theoretical stuff yet...

So...Arrow is dead.

We're all but being told that we'll be seeing the Lazarus Pit soon. Fine by me, the only down side there is that if my wish is granted and Felicity is killed off, the obvious plot line will be Oliver tries to get her to a pit to bring her back. But I won't worry too much over theoretical stuff yet...

Or he's only "mostly" dead...

So that's who took down my favorite live-action Black Canary. I can't help thinking the revelation might've held more gravitas if every guest villain since the second episode of the season AND two members of the main cast hadn't already been paraded out as red-herrings. Plus the whole mind control drug plot-device was kind of a cop-out.

Still a solid episode and a great cliff-hanger. Especially loved the way the fight was handled. Ollie gave as good as he had, and even won some admiration from Ra's, but they also left absolutely no doubt that Ollie never stood a chance.

Also dug Laurel's little break down where she tells pretty much everyone she runs into every secret she's been keeping this season (including Sara's KILLER!!!). This is why Katie needs more screen time.

It's gonna be a long wait til the end of January.

• 4 weeks later...

Please, Slade. Please come back! Remember there is "one more to die"! We need you, big guy!

He's BAAACK.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/arrow-star-teases-deathstrokes-impossible-return-003748767.html

Best of all, it doesn't sound like it's just a Flasback sequence!

Good. Now it's time to get some killing done.

Oh, I found this for you, mako @smilepunch@

http://community.ew.com/2015/01/07/felicity-smoak-arrow-wardrobe/

• 2 weeks later...

some nice car and stunt work, particularly the warehouse shootout with Dig and Red Arrow, but ultimately a lackluster half-season premiere. Unlike the island years, the Hong Kong stuff is really dragging it down for me. Most of this episode was Felicity crying to everyone about Oliver's "death." There was Brick, and the first appearance of Laurel's Canary, but that was kinda shoehorned in there last minute.

Seriously, am I the only one who wanted to reach into their TV screen and slap the living snot out of Felicity during her little temper tantrum after sabotaging the warehouse bust? And the cheap-shot about Palmer's dead wife? The world's trashiest "good girl" has officially surpassed Kristin Kreuk's Lana Lang in terms of pure unadulterated narcissism.

On a brighter note: I literally laughed when Oliver woke up after being ran through with a sword, falling hundreds of feet off a mountain, landing on a rock-ledge the size of a coffee table where he lay for at least four days . . . shirtless . . . in the snow, and the only medical advice his rescuer deemed necessary was "Be careful or you'll rip your sutures?"

Yeah, their better be a lazarus pit in there someplace or this show is gonna lose a load of credibility.

It was all right. Some good scenes with Thea and Merlin. Black Canary's appearance was brief but welcome. I'm still betting Oliver's revival has something to do with the Lazarus Pit.

Still, at the end of the day, this episode proved that Arrow needs to have Arrow in it.

And the cheap-shot about Palmer's dead wife?

But I loved Ray's reaction. "You don't get to tell me..." Good stuff.

Yeah, those all-to-rare scenes that take Ray out of "goof-ball stalker" mode and actually give his character some gravitas are always welcome. Just to bad this one was muddled by the producers pathological need to make EVERY scene revolve around you know who.

"Yes, yes Ray, So sad. Now back to MY PROBLEMS."

So Oliver was run through by a sword and fell a few hundred feet and just kind of....healed up?

Anyway, not a bad episode overall. I liked the Canary and Red Arrow action and I'm really glad Laurel is getting in on the action. I'm also liking Thea's story line with her dad. I'm glad douchy dj guy is actually more than a douchy dj guy, but I guess I should have expected that. Felicity's annoyance factor was dialed down to a mere 2 out of 10 this week. I can't get past thinking "Superman" whenever I see Ray Palmer....

I really want the rest of those DC Collectibles Arrow figures to come out soon!