'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

Did Wildcat also train Black Canary in the comics?...

Short answer: Yes. In the Pre-New 52 / Post-Crisis on the Infinite Earths comics universe young Dinah was trained by her aunts and uncles in the JSA, most notably Ted Grant.

Short answer: Yes. In the Pre-New 52 / Post-Crisis on the Infinite Earths comics universe young Dinah was trained by her aunts and uncles in the JSA, most notably Ted Grant.

I actually did not know the answer to this. My guess was going to be "no". Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years I've stopped keeping track of whether or not movie or TV events are comic accurate. Just tell a good story.

I actually did not know the answer to this. My guess was going to be "no". Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years I've stopped keeping track of whether or not movie or TV events are comic accurate. Just tell a good story.

Thanks to the mess DC has made of their continuity over the years, the movies and TV shows ARE my comics.

If you google Arrow and you pull up the cast. Underneath Katie Cassidy it says Black Canary. Nice spoiler Google!

Eh, if you start digging on the internet and stumble upon a spoiler you didn't want to see, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

We all know it's coming anyway.

Is it really digging if you just search "Arrow cast" and it pops up head shots of the cast across the top of the search result page?

Thanks for the info fellas...

I think DC made a mistake not tying Flash and Arrow to the movies... Marvel is kicking their ass all over the place and they still cant get it together... Imagine the hype if Affleck or Cavill made a cameo...

That might be nice...if I were excited about the current direction DC movies are taking. As it stands, I'm fine with keeping the TV shows separate. When Arrow first started I was really hoping it would be in continuity with the Nolan Batverse but now DC movies are moving on from that as well.

But yeah, I think you're right in that tying them in together would be the cooler way to go.

But yeah, I think you're right in that tying them in together would be the cooler way to go.

I think I like it the way things are. Arrow and Flash get to tell their own stories without having to make allowances for whatever happens in MOS or whatever. It also leaves the audience free to make their own connections. Example: Nothing has occurred that says Arrow DOSEN'T take place in the same universe as Man of Steel . . . or Green Lantern . . . or even Batman Begins.

I think I like it the way things are. Arrow and Flash get to tell their own stories without having to make allowances for whatever happens in MOS or whatever. It also leaves the audience free to make their own connections. Example: Nothing has occurred that says Arrow DOSEN'T take place in the same universe as Man of Steel . . . or Green Lantern . . . or even Batman Begins.

I'm fine with them being separate as well.

They can always do the DC thing and have multiple earths if they change their mind at some point...

I really want it to be Slade but BC would have probably seemed more alarmed if it was him, so probably not.

I'm back tracking on this comment about who killed Sarah. It might just be Slade. Oliver saved Sarah over Shadow back on the island (or at least that's the way Slade sees it) and he hates him for it, plus after Slade killed the mom last season he said there was "one more to die" which never happened.

My money is on Deathstroke!

I really want it to be Slade but BC would have probably seemed more alarmed if it was him, so probably not.

I'm back tracking on this comment about who killed Sarah. It might just be Slade. Oliver saved Sarah over Shadow back on the island (or at least that's the way Slade sees it) and he hates him for it, plus after Slade killed the mom last season he said there was "one more to die" which never happened.

My money is on Deathstroke!

Nah, I think you were right the first time. I know the preview for Wednesday's episode makes it look unlikely, but I'm holding fast with Nyssa.

After watching the preview for next episode, it seems impossible to believe that in the first season there were actually entire episodes that didn't feature Felicity. Not only that, there were entire lines of dialogue not in which she wasn't the main subject.

I know, it's like some beautiful dream.

They can always do the DC thing and have multiple earths if they change their mind at some point...

That is true.

"The Magician" was an interesting episode. I liked they revealed Ras. I also liked they kept the continuity of Felicity being out of town. I think it's ridiculous Arrow is protecting the Magician. All in all it was a fun episode.

That is true.

Oh please, God, no. Multiple Earths is the worst thing about the DC Universe. All it is is a McGuffen for editors to use when they don't want to deal with continuity from the previous regime. Hate one storyline but like another? Pull some S#$^ with multiple earths, keep what you want and erase the rest. In the meantime, confuse the heck out of your readers.

Sorry for that...

I think it's ridiculous Arrow is protecting the Magician.

Protecting him? No. I think that's the kind of hero Ollie is trying to become. After all, he wouldn't be much of a hero if he only protected those that deserved it.

Now just letting Merlin walk is another matter.

Easily the worst episode of the season. Predictable right down to the last line delivered by Felicity's air head mom, "It's a real life saver". Eeeeeehhhhhhhh? Get it?

Hacker boyfriend still alive? Not the least bit surprising.

Terrorizing the city with the Eye of Sauron? Please!

And the last scene? WTF?

Easily the worst episode of the season. Predictable right down to the last line delivered by Felicity's air head mom, "It's a real life saver". Eeeeeehhhhhhhh? Get it?

And the last scene? WTF?

Are you referring to the Merlyn scene?...

And the last scene? WTF?

Are you referring to the Merlyn scene?...

I mean with Roy dreaming that he was Sarah's killer. I don't know what to think about that one...

I mean with Roy dreaming that he was Sarah's killer. I don't know what to think about that one...

I do. Just like every other scene in this episode, it was poorly written, contrived and totally devoid of ANY logic.

LOL seriously, who wrote that dud? Every series has an episode that is weaker in comparison to others but this one was noticeably bad. There were at least three lines of dialogue that I predicted, word for word, before they were even delivered. By the end of the episode I was chuckling to myself.

This episode taught me that I dislike hacker characters of any sort. Show me a hacker character on any tv show and I'll show you someone who sits behind a computer on their blue tooth, rattles on an off camera keyboard, replaces dialogue with computer mumbojumbo, and gets the protagonist life saving information impossibly fast. They're all the same!

The show needs us to try to forget that they rolled out the most bad @$$ villain last season and up until now they've been doing a good job of it. But seeing piss pot hacker boyfriend made me long for Slade Wilson to come out guns blazing.