'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

*UPDATED!* - NOW WITH RAS AL GHUL!

It's going to be tough to beat Deathstroke but Ra's is definitely going to be interesting. I would be great if it was Liam Neeson, but that's not going to happen...

I thought it would be cool if they got David Warner. His age would play right in with Ra's' character, and he really owned the role on B:TAS.

Some young Hispanic guy playing Ted "Wildcat" Grant:

Ugh no! Not another one of those "young" people that have been invading Hollywood. I thought that was only limited to New Star Wars. Now Arrow is jumping on this bandwagon of casing young, attractive people. Don't worry, feat, this is bound to be some new fad that will blow over in about a year. Tops.

@smilepunch@

breakfast460_zpse7e81d28.jpg

Dorothy-of-oz-film-c06d3_zpse00600e4.jpg

James-Dean-james-dean-16396863-300-399_zps80014d7d.jpg

Makes since. Get that sort of "lovers quad-angle" with Ollie and Chlo-uh Felicity, and Laurel and Ted Grant (a Hispanic name if ever there were one). Plus they do a little ethnic make-over on the 'Cat to make everything seem more street.

It sounds potentially chiche, but since they are bringing back Sara (Any guesses who's gonna die heroically for sweeps?), giving us the Flash, and even the Atom (sort of), I'll let this one slide.

Some young Hispanic guy playing Ted "Wildcat" Grant:

Ugh no! Not another one of those "young" people that have been invading Hollywood. I thought that was only limited to New Star Wars. Now Arrow is jumping on this bandwagon of casing young, attractive people. Don't worry, feat, this is bound to be some new fad that will blow over in about a year. Tops.

@smilepunch@

breakfast460_zpse7e81d28.jpg

Dorothy-of-oz-film-c06d3_zpse00600e4.jpg

James-Dean-james-dean-16396863-300-399_zps80014d7d.jpg

Where's your picture of Steve McQueen as the oldest teenager ever from "The Blob?"

The 2-post sarcasm is warranted on my Star Wars critique, but for Wildcat? C'mon, we already give a lot of leeway on DC taking these characters in different directions year to year, but Ted Grant? Are they going to take characters that are usually young and inexperienced and make them the wizened and experienced mentors later on? Or are we over that sort of thing? Maybe I should ask Mark Hamill's beard...

The 2-post sarcasm is warranted on my Star Wars critique, but for Wildcat?

You were only treated to two posts of my sarcasm because the thing wouldn't let me post all the pics I wanted in one reply :)

You know, in my mind, Green Arrow himself should be an older dude. Late 30s, or maybe even (gasp!) 40s, with a curly goatee. My ideal Green Arrow has been around a while, has seen a lot of things. The GA from the O'Neil/Adams Hard Traveling Heroes stories or the Mike Grell GA who's muling over retirement, that's the guy I'm talking about. They chose not to go that rout with the title character this time around. They didn't put the Green Arrow on TV exactly as I envisioned in my mind. You know why that's OK? Because the final product is good. If you have a quality final product, it trumps almost anything, IMO.

If this can be pulled off with A-list Green Arrow, I'm not going to worry about C-list Wildcat.

You were only treated to two posts of my sarcasm because the thing wouldn't let me post all the pics I wanted in one reply :)

You know, in my mind, Green Arrow himself should be an older dude. Late 30s, or maybe even (gasp!) 40s, with a curly goatee. My ideal Green Arrow has been around a while, has seen a lot of things. The GA from the O'Neil/Adams Hard Traveling Heroes stories or the Mike Grell GA who's muling over retirement, that's the guy I'm talking about. They chose not to go that rout with the title character this time around. They didn't put the Green Arrow on TV exactly as I envisioned in my mind. You know why that's OK? Because the final product is good. If you have a quality final product, it trumps almost anything, IMO.

If this can be pulled off with A-list Green Arrow, I'm not going to worry about C-list Wildcat.

Hmmmm. Crusty, pontificating Old Hippie spouting endless far-left rhetoric, or brooding young pretty boy with immaculately kempt 5-O'clock shadow, stripped down and oiled up for those pointless work-out scenes.

Gosh, I wonder which way the CW would go. <_<

Hmmmm. Crusty, pontificating Old Hippie spouting endless far-left rhetoric, or brooding young pretty boy with immaculately kempt 5-O'clock shadow, stripped down and oiled up for those pointless work-out scenes.

LOL...now defend the hispanic aspect from the pov of a network exec!

Pretty but uptight young lawyer with an over-protective daddy is done wrong by her rich, blue-eyed and uber-blond beau so she ends up in the masculine arms of hot-blooded young latino bad-boy.

CW GOLD!!!

Pretty but uptight young lawyer with an over-protective daddy is done wrong by her rich, blue-eyed and uber-blond beau so she ends up in the masculine arms of hot-blooded young latino bad-boy.

CW GOLD!!!

BOOM! Nailed it!

He also dresses like a cat...er...uh...panther! Yeah, that's sexier! They have panthers in South America, right? Oh...Jaguar? Those come in black? Close enough.

http://enewsi.com/television/191-27005.html

So Charlotte Ross is playing Chlo...uh...Felicity's momma. Man, the CW is doing everything but sending armed men to my house to get me to watch this season.

I actively avoided NYPD Blue (any series where Dennis Franz was contractually obligated to bear his naked butt was must-NOT-see-TV), but I loved Ross on The Heights waaaaay back in the early '90's.

I actively avoided NYPD Blue (any series where Dennis Franz was contractually obligated to bear his naked butt was must-NOT-see-TV), but I loved Ross on The Heights waaaaay back in the early '90's.

Hey, I liked NYPD Blue a lot. The earlier seasons, at least. It got a bit watered down by the time Ross came on the show. I know for a fact there was only one scene in one episode of it's entire run where you saw Franz's @$$, so stop whining :)

Hey, I liked NYPD Blue a lot. The earlier seasons, at least. It got a bit watered down by the time Ross came on the show. I know for a fact there was only one scene in one episode of it's entire run where you saw Franz's @$$, so stop whining :)

:huh:

:huh:

Kidding, man.

• 4 weeks later...

Liam Neeson would play Ra's on Arrow "in a heart beat"

http://enewsi.com/television/191-27122.html

Come on, Arrow producers! THIS is how you follow up the awesomeness of last season's Deathstroke.

I make no secret of the fact I hated the Batman Begins series, but I am a big-time Neeson fan. That would rock . . . HARD.

But lets get real. Neeson was a bankable actor before a Star Wars, two Batmans, and the Taken franchise. There's no way the Fifth Network could afford him.

I'm still holding out for David Warner or possibly Malcolm McDowell.

hilarious...God bless the USA #US1#

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Questioned By Customs At The U.S. Border

arrow-stephen-amell-customs-106054.jpg

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/03/arrow-s-stephen-amell-questioned-by-customs-at-the-u-s-border/

Agent: Really. Need to ask some follow up questions and go through your bag. I'd prefer to just tell my superiors that you're the (expletive) Arrow, but there are procedures we need to follow.

hilarious...God bless the USA #US1#

Arrows Stephen Amell Questioned By Customs At The U.S. Border

arrow-stephen-amell-customs-106054.jpg

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/03/arrow-s-stephen-amell-questioned-by-customs-at-the-u-s-border/

Agent: Really. Need to ask some follow up questions and go through your bag. I'd prefer to just tell my superiors that you're the (expletive) Arrow, but there are procedures we need to follow.

He should've entered the country from the Mexican border . . . they don't stop ANYBODY there!!! @smilepunch@