'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This will put me in the minority but I kind of like Arrow in the "realistic", "Nolanesque" world free from superpowers and all that. I hope they tread down this new road lightly. They've built up a solid story line and supporting cast of their own and I don't think they should all take a back seat just to fit in the latest DC cameo. It's done a solid job of balancing the two so far, though.

For my money at least, there's reality and then there's "reality." I never really considered Arrow to be THAT grounded in the "real-world," so I don't have a problem with powers and suits. I mean, look at the physical feats Ollie pulled off in the first season alone. Is a lab-tech breaking the sound-barrier on foot really that big a stretch? Of course, that's not saying they should have Cloverfield stomp through down-town Starling or an alien invasion storyline for the next sweeps period, but there is some leeway here.

Seriously, even Law & Order crossed over with X-Files once!

It's definitely striking a good balance between "reality" and "comic booky"...and as far as "Nolanesque," it lacks the pretention to fully qualify...and that's more than fine by me!

Just caught up in viewing to get to tomorrow's new episode. Solomon Grundy, Brother Blood, Ras Al Ghul, Merlyn, Deathstroke, AND THE FLASH!!! Really looking forward to all the great things yet to come...loving this show!

They may have mentioned this and I just missed it, but does that mean that the 20th Arrow episode won't be about the Flash anymore? Or will Barry get the backdoor pilot plus a regular pilot?

I don't think you'll see Barry on Arrow again, at least, not any time soon. According to this,

"...we won't see more of him in this season. There will be a lot of ties to the Flash pilot. Hopefully we'll get to do more...Despite all the excitement surrounding Barry Allen's appearance, “the show is called Arrow. It's still the story of Oliver Queen, and of course we're going to keep it so.”

"...we won't see more of him in this season. There will be a lot of ties to the Flash pilot. Hopefully we'll get to do more...Despite all the excitement surrounding Barry Allen's appearance, “the show is called Arrow. It's still the story of Oliver Queen, and of course we're going to keep it so.”

That's a good approach, I think. One thing about Smallville was that people only seemed to talk about/care about who the next superhero guest star was, especially in the later seasons. What about the MAIN CHARACTER? If the show's being done right, I think that's what fan's should be most concerned with. I'm all for super-guest appearances....if done sparingly.

This week's ep was so-so. I'll overlook the parallel of Oliver and Bruce Wayne both having friends running for office that turn out to be crazy villains. I hope this is the last we see of Oliver being douchy to he partners.

Deathstroke next week!

Did Katie P-O the producer so they wrote her out of a bunch of episodes. Honestly, is this where Arrow is going? The female lead barely makes a cameo in most episodes, but Roy gets his own sidekick?

maybe it's a bit of method acting for the drug addict storyline, but she looks like she's dropped some weight this season. Looking a bit gaunt...maybe she's got some personal problems?

Laurel's getting shafted this season, no doubt. I had a feeling this would happen when things got all superpower-y. Yeah, she does look skinnier, too.

I don't get how she's Laurel DINA Lance but it's actually the sister Sara that's Black Canary (?)

I like island Deathstroke costume better.

That episode was 100 times better than last week's.

Still not sold on powers Roy but I do like seeing the training he goes through with Arrow. Also glad the supporting cast is getting off the back burner.

Next week's looks good too. But I missed the daughter's name in the preview. It wasn't Talia, was it?

"Hey Roy, you've been dosed with the same super-steroid that drove my island buddy so nuts I had to shoot him in the eye with an arrow, and you've already nearly beaten three different men to death. Let's go punch some water."

You heard Arrow, it's to teach him patience and control. It makes sense.

Black Canary is a lesbian now!?! That's it, I'm out. This show is garbage.

Really? I could see having a lil problem with it, but its not like she just f****d Batman on the end of a dock in the light of a burning wreck in costume or anything.

No new shows til the 26th...Winter Olympics, ugh...

Mako, are you out because Black Canary kissing another chick means she's not the Black Canary portrayed in the comics? If that's the case then I have to point out that the Black Canary from the comics also did not sleep with Oliver behind her sister's back, did not have her origin tied to Ra's Al Ghul, and is really DINA Lance and not Sara. This never WAS the comic's Black Canary.

I agree with feat although nearly any story line decision will come out a winner when compared to the trash that was Miller's All-Star Batman run. All I can say is, for me, the reason behind her switching teams made some sense when they explained it. It didn't seem like it was done as a cheep stunt (I know some aren't going to agree with that and will probably never forgive the show), when they first kissed I said, "woah", but really, I had put it behind me 5 min later. This BC is not the Dina Lance from the comics. We could all tell that from day one. I'm fine with it.