Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

'Arrow' Discussion Thread

Damn cursed girl... Stay away or this show will be doomed...

I love her but yes.. @loll@ no cancel arrow!!!!!!!!! hey when do new episodes start or new season?!?! I miss the show :(

Damn cursed girl... Stay away or this show will be doomed...

I love her but yes.. @loll@ no cancel arrow!!!!!!!!!

Hey, don't sweat it! Her role is "recurring." Technically, that only makes her a guest star. That being said, the shows she guested on have actually done pretty well. Remember "Big Bang Theory?" That's still around (though I've come to wish it wasn't @firedevil@ ), and doing great.

I thought 'Arrow''s Nolanesque 'real world' feel negated the chance of 'supers' showing up, I guess if they can make The Flash fit, it'll open the door for others

Squeezing in superhero guest stars and making Arrow part of a larger universe (a-la Marvel) trumps all that.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304373104579105641351934138.html?ru=yahoo?mod=yahoo_itp

And what's this report of another chick being Black Canary? Dina is ALREADY in the show. What's going on there?

And what's this report of another chick being Black Canary? Dina is ALREADY in the show. What's going on there?

It's Dinah's sister Sarah. From what I've read, she sort of sets things up for Dinah to become the second Black Canary later on.

They've really stepped up their game in Season 2. Season 1 only kept my interest because of the island scenes (and the never ending train of attractive women), but Season 2 has actually made what's going on in the city interesting as well.

Nice to see that the show's maturing and evolving.

I'm liking Arrow a lot so far this season. I was wondering if it would get overshadowed this year by fellow nerd show Agents of SHIELD...

I smell a Marvel vs. DC thread deviation coming a mile away.

I'm liking Arrow a lot so far this season. I was wondering if it would get overshadowed this year by fellow nerd show Agents of SHIELD...

You know, before I read your post, it never occurred to me how well these two shows complement each other. It's like Arrow is Batman to A of S's Superman.

Ollie is this lone hero fighting to protect a dark and gritty, realistically rendered comic book world where heroes and villains are something new and unknown to the populace.

Coulson and company are a team of agents fighting to protect a bright and slick, realistically rendered world where heroes and villains are something new and unknown to the populace.

I could even see the two sharing a continuity.

I am guessing they are going with the original Black Canary...

Man... I would flip if Liam Neeson makes a cameo...

Soooo. Huntress is a sociopath, Red Arrow is a juvenile delinquent hero groupie, Black Canary kills without compunction, and Green Arrow himself on a whim decides he won't kill anymore . . . but torture is still okay.

So what's the Flash gonna be like? A chainsaw wielding sexual predator?

I take it back, I think I prefer S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oh yeah, there's also that thing about letting his underage, ex-drug addict sister with a police record run his bar.

I don't know much about Black Canary in the comics I guess. Do we know anything about her beliefs about killing one way or the other?

I'm OK with some heroes putting a guy down if they think they have to. GA, Black Canary, fine. Spider-Man, Batman, no.

I liked last night's episode a lot. One of the best so far, I thought. I completely missed the Ra's reference......

Oh yeah, there's also that thing about letting his underage, ex-drug addict sister with a police record run his bar.

No, they touched on her being of age now. In this series, one season = one year real time.

I'll take this show any day of the week over that boring SHIELD garbage that Whedon's putting out.

It looks like Black Canary is Laurel's sister based upon the previews...