What does it all mean??

Devilbat

I've kinda neglected G.I. Joe as of late, and I'm not really sure why. I've not sought out any of the new figures, although I check for them whenever I'm in a store, and I've not looked at my collection in a good long while. Heck, I even loved Retaliation, however I have yet to get the Blu-ray. But for two nights straight this past week, I was suddenly dreaming of finding G.I. Joes in stores. In my first dream, I'm in a K-mart or something, and I come across figures from every line since around 1994. I mean there was a sampling of about everything. The dream was so vivid I remember thinking it was weird that this store still had both the Battle Corps figures and the first few waves of GvsC. I also remember seeing a Storm Shadow figure that was a cross between the hooded '88 version and the more recent Devil's Due one. It seemed so real I woke up thinking there had been a real figure like that. It was so odd, yet so realistic...

Then, the next night I dreamed my wife and I were at a mall I used to find toys at back in my college days, and I was actively looking for Joes, but I ended-up finding them suddenly in the bed of an old beat-up El Camino. (lol) And I remember thinking it was the latest wave of whatever Joes exist deep in my subconscious, because one was a figure I had never seen before, but in my dream I immediately knew it was the variant-color version of whatever army-builder was out; it almost looked like a cross between the 25th Anniversary Cobra HALO-jumper trooper and the old Toxic Viper, but his leg was missing. (lol) It was so strange...there were carded figures scattered about in the bed, figure parts, loose figures, just everything. It was the strangest toy-related dream ever.

So what does it all mean? I guess no matter how much I ignore G.I. Joe or neglect it and move-on to other things, it's so deeply ingrained within me and part of who I am that it's gonna come out one way or the other.

Oh, and it also occurred to me later that there was an El Camino in Retaliation, so maybe that's one explanation for the car. (lol) But I did wake up really wanting that Devil's Due Storm Shadow, as it was the closest thing I'd get to what I saw in my dream. That figure was so awesome...

I had yet another Joe-related dream last night!! This time I was at some restaurant/resort type thing, where a lot of wealthy and well-to-do people seemed to be hanging out (why I was there I'm not sure) (lol), and I happened to run into Dennis Quaid. I began talking to him and telling him how much of a fan I was of his, and how I loved his portrayal of Gen. Hawk in Rise of Cobra. But then suddenly we must have been at his residence inexplicably, because he had pulled-out a ROC carded Hawk figure to give me. I looked down, and...I would have never done this in real life, but I noticed it looked like some really cheap-looking, cheesy knock-off Hawk figure, and I actually commented to him that it looked as if it were some crappy figure made in Argentina. (lol) I know, I know...how terrible would it be to insult a celebrity like that who had graciously offered you a figure from their own collection? But instead of being insulted, the man smiled and began digging through his vintage carded collection, and he gave me two figures, one of which looked like a Tollbooth figure, but he had Ice Cream Soldier's colors and was on a Battle Corps cardback. (I don't know why I keep dreaming about BC figures...) I can't seem to remember what the other figure was, but I was about to leave, and I was then extremely grateful to the man, when I noticed his brother Randy was there, and I asked him if he was a G.I. Joe fan, and what he thought about his brother being in a Joe movie. But when I looked at him, he was suddenly Samuel L. Jackson (!), and he mumbled something rather incoherent to me, but everyone else laughed, so I guess it was funny. (lol) I just wish I could remember what that second figure was...

I meant to comment on your original statement....long story super short for me.....about a year before all the 25th Ann Joe stuff came out (at the time I didn't cruise the internet for toyz or even know new Joes were on the way! I wasn't even on this board yet) I had a very vivid dream about wandering around an ToYsRuS superstore type thing. They had shelves & shelves full of old Joe Vehicles & figs galore!!.....I had money in this dream (that should've told me right there I was dreaming) so I was loading up for bare....they had everything....Hisstanks, Skystrikers, Killer Whales, ect. ect. but the coup de grace was at near the end of my dream the store employee helping me load up, shows me a huuuge box that had a newer version of the USS Flag! I was so damned excited I woke up too thinking they had re-released the Joes again.....butttt just a year later the 25th stuff dropped & I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for my younger sister, she was at Target & called me to ask did I know about the new Joes out?? at that time I had bought a few vintage stuff at garage sales so she knew I was bitten by the bug......my first reaction to my dream was that I was gonna die so my dream was easing the pain of loss by bringing back to some of my childhood that I had lost....my 2nd reaction was I was gonna die anyway soo Hasblow better re-release some Joes before that happened.....JayC does have a point though....why not Lady J or even Baroness.....instead you get Hawk & Cousin Eddy, next time you see Samuel tell him Sewer Rat does taste like Pumpkin Pie......remember DB don't take the brown acid before bedtime.....but the red pill is fine @matrix@

@loll@

So I'm gonna die now??!! That's not very reassuring GD... (lol)

I tell ya, these dreams have gone a long way in reminding me of my love of Joes. I've got a tiny little display out in my toy building, and I'll look at it from time to time, and I'll internally comment to myself on how cool the 25th Anniversary Skyhawk VTOL looks and how it's an improvement upon the original in almost every way, but to go so far as to drag out my totes and tackle-boxes full of Joes and Cobras and get my old comics out and read them...I've not done that kind of thing in ages. Maybe my subconscious Joe-fan mind is trying to tell me something...

• 2 weeks later...

I do love dreams of toys, but man, you must've really been bit by a bug to have all these vivid back to back to back dreams.

Honestly I think you're subconscious is telling you to get out and look for toys. Or to look at your collection, maybe re display it or something.

I've been there as well though it's been a while. I love when it happens too...either I'm transported back in time to an old walmart with shelves full of GIJOE and He Man figures , or I'm at a TRU mega store with tons of vintage figures, or at kmart where it's present day but I climb to the top of the shelves and find old hidden toys.

In the mean time I recommend watching movies with Lady Jaye in them : ). After Retaliation I went directly to Red Dawn to check her out!