"Gotham" Discussion Thread

yojoebro82

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Other than Sean Pertwee as Alfred, I dont have much enthusiasm for this show. Too little, too late...thanks, Bat-embargo.

No, it's never too late for Batman.

To bad this ain't a Batman show.

We've got the Arrow...countless DC heroes and villains dropping in on a weekly basis...and soon we'll have the Flash.

We can get our hopes up, but all we'll have for a looooong time is Bat-fleck and Baby-bats on "Everyone Else Begins"...if either has wings, of course. If they flop, there's hope Batman could be worked into Arrow by season 5, right? :)

Other than Sean Pertwee as Alfred, I dont have much enthusiasm for this show. Too little, too late...thanks, Bat-embargo.

No, it's never too late for Batman.

To bad this ain't a Batman show.

We've got the Arrow...countless DC heroes and villains dropping in on a weekly basis...and soon we'll have the Flash.

We can get our hopes up, but all we'll have for a looooong time is Bat-fleck and Baby-bats on "Everyone Else Begins"...if either has wings, of course. If they flop, there's hope Batman could be worked into Arrow by season 5, right? :)

If all of the above fails then they'll just reboot and try again. Audiences are never going to give up on Batman. It's been proven. Even after Schumacker/Clooney Batman, the character is still alive and kicking. @bats@

Dead eyes, vaguely bored expression, this guy should be headlining a CSI spin-off not a Batman series.

Oh, right . . .

I laughed at this more than I should have, personally I'm looking forward more to the Constantine show, Matt Ryan looks pretty good as Constantine.

• 1 month later...

I saw the commercial for this on Fox the other night.I thought it was going to be a WB soap but now I will watch it

All things considered, if it were a choice between a WB/CW soaper or a Fox drama, I'd take the soap.

Hell no why would you want that?

I saw the commercial for this on Fox the other night.I thought it was going to be a WB soap but now I will watch it

All things considered, if it were a choice between a WB/CW soaper or a Fox drama, I'd take the soap.

Hell no why would you want that?

Anything to spare myself another Booker or Lone Gunmen.

LOL Those were eons ago

Not that I'm really interested in this series but I would be worried more about Fox cancelling it after a season or 2 when everyone is really invested than anything else. Since eventually this is gonna turn into Batman Begins begins, I would have preferred making it about members of the Bat Family, Nightwing, Oracle and the Birds of Prey, Catwoman, Damian things like that have some nice crossovers with the other series maybe introduce Deadman. This would be a great way for WB to explore the Batman mythos while the movies handles Batman as a Justice League member.

Not that I'm really interested in this series but I would be worried more about Fox cancelling it after a season or 2 when everyone is really invested than anything else.

Thing about Fox is there was a time everything they showed was this huge trend-setting hit, from America's Most Wanted to X-Files.

But Fox's hey-day was a long time ago. The closest thing they have to a flag-ship series is The Simpsons, and even that is showing it's age after twenty-something years.

That's why a show has to tank BAD to be canceled off Fox nowadays. They need whatever successes they can get, no matter how small. Why else do you think 24 keeps creeping back? Family Guy was canceled, what, three or four times during its run. Kept coming back.

So if Gotham can make it through this first season, and Warners doesn't pull the plug to clear the way for Superman/Batman (as they tried to do with Smallville for Superman Returns), it has a better than average chance of going the distance.

Well it depends if it meets Fox's ratings standard(which I have no doubt it will because everything Batman sells) then I see it lasting, but Fox has canceled a couple of shows in recent years after one or 2 seasons even though they were well received by people and critics due to ratings. This has gotten to a point where a lot of viewers are wary about shows on FOX.

• 1 month later...