hamsterboy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I was a non-believer from the beginning but the last few episodes turned me around....I enjoyed the sick humor of Coulson vaporizing Garrett....I'm sure Ward will be back maybe as the Taskmaster?....Like that Dethlock is free at last to pursue his interests....making people pay

• 5 months later...

So I originally was looking forward to this series and like many was let down by what we got, I stopped watching and would only tune in for the episode after Cap 2. Season 2 started and I kept hearing good things about the show so I decided to check it out and so far I like what I'm seeing, there's a definitive improvement all around. A more serious tone that fits the series well considering what's going on in terms of plot, better additions to the cast my top 2 being Al Mckenzie and Lance Hunter, more superhuman threats like Blizzard and Absorbing Man and changes to the main cast: Ward being Hydra was the best and most interesting thing to happen to his character and his interactions with Skye now are better than the CW romance from season 1, speaking of Skye if there was one character I was hoping they kill off it was her as I couldn't stand her annoying butt, as soon as they introduced her this being a Whedon show I knew she was gonna end up a butt kicking female as it's Whedon's M.O. surprisingly I find her a lot more tolerable this time around. I'm not a fan of the whole Coulson resurrection reveal thing maybe they stretched the "mystery" too long that the payoff doesn't feel satisfactory or maybe I didn't care that much in the first place I don't know but I do know is his current condition feels far more interesting than how he was portrayed in season 1. Separating Fitz Simmons was a good thing since I was always thought they were so similar they felt like one character.

A big step in the right direction was this past episode where they featured Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird now this is the sort of thing this series needed: a cool comic book character that fit the series plot and wasn't constrained by being portrayed by a big name actor(although I hear RDJ wants to guest star in an episode). Adrienne Palicki was awesome in the role she looked imposing and the fight sequence was very cool, I really hope they make her a regular or at least a recurring I mean it's not like GI Joe 3 is happening anytime soon. I laughed out loud when it was revealed that she was the she devil ex, considering how they are portraying Hawkeye in the movies and the fact Jeremy Renner won't appear in the series I'm cool with her being previously married to another character.

Another interesting plot point is the appearance of Skye's father it was nice of Agent Cooper to take a break from investigating in Twin Peaks to come look for his daughter ok so I took a little detour with that reference but anyway moving along, the reason I bring this up is because the true identity of Skye has been the subject of speculation for months. Now some people have pointed out that she could be Jessica Drew aka Spider Woman which could fit given Spider Woman's origins, although I'm not a big fan of that theory but either way it seems the Spider Woman's rights are owned by Sony so there's little chance of that happening. Personally I think and this is a theory I have formed based on what I have seen and being really bored at home that she may be Daisy Johnson code name Quake. In the comics she's the daughter of Mr. Hyde and has the power of causing earthquakes and was personally recruited by Nick Fury, she also assisted the Avengers on more than one occasion and even joined the team at some point. Now this is all conjecture but who knows I may be wrong or I may be right all I know is I'm definitely tuning this tuesday to wath the episode and not just because of the Avengers footage.

I have my own theory about Skye's father & it ties into comments that Clark Gregg has made in the past. He seems to have genius intellect, a streak of insanity, an apparent penchant for experimental surgery & knowledge of the Obelisk, or The Diviner as he called it. Gregg has alluded to "inhuman" things happening. My guess for dad's identity is Maximus the Mad, brother of Black Bolt. The Diviner could be a Terrigen Crystal. The mists can either bring forth the hidden ability of the one exposed (or divine the ability) or kill as well.

So that's my two cents on the subject.

That's a good theory I like it; Marvel seems to be giving the Inhumans a push and they have mentioned an Inhumans movie as a possibility so this has merit. Throw in the rumors of Marvel setting up the Inhumans to become the MCU versions of mutants and I think you may be onto something, we'll have to see where this goes.

One thing about this season is Sky acting like she is seasoned vet now and only last year she was akward.I miss that.I miss her like that for some reason she acts like she has been a spy for a years now

lol I haven't season one in its entirety but the episodes that I saw she could barely throw a punch and now only a few months later and she's all La Femme Nikita, that's TV for you.

One thing about this season is Sky acting like she is seasoned vet now and only last year she was akward.I miss that.I miss her like that for some reason she acts like she has been a spy for a years now

Sooo, you're saying its bad that Sky spent almost two years with an elite super-spy organization, under the direct tutelage of two of its most skilled operatives, and actually learned from the experience?

You would've loved my high school.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the most current episode last night.....and Ward really should've paid for a haircut that doesn't look like a bear's butt......still a fan of this ragtag group of wannabe civil servants....I'm still waiting for Coulson to reveal himself to Caps....so they can have that Bromance, Director Coulson has always wanted.....

Ward has one of the stupidest looking faces I have seen in an actor I just want slap the crap out of him at least the beard covered it a little bit. I really hope they address the Avengers finding out Coulson is back thing soon it shouldn't be not later than AOU. I would also like to see Hawkeye's reaction of the whole SHIELD/Hydra thing he's the only prominent SHIELD Agent that either wasn't in Cap 2 or in the series they should fix that.

• 4 weeks later...

I have my own theory about Skye's father & it ties into comments that Clark Gregg has made in the past. He seems to have genius intellect, a streak of insanity, an apparent penchant for experimental surgery & knowledge of the Obelisk, or The Diviner as he called it. Gregg has alluded to "inhuman" things happening. My guess for dad's identity is Maximus the Mad, brother of Black Bolt. The Diviner could be a Terrigen Crystal. The mists can either bring forth the hidden ability of the one exposed (or divine the ability) or kill as well.

So that's my two cents on the subject.

Well, I was half right. If you dig into the Marvel Universe you'll realize who Skye's father is & who she is based on his name, her real name & what happened to her at the end of the episode tonight.

His name is Cal, her's is Daisy & thanks to the Obelisk (which I was basically right on, even though it was a container for a crystal that produced a mist) she seems to have seismic powers. That would make him Mr. Hyde & her his somewhat recently introduced daughter Quake, who is a high ranking SHIELD agent with seismic abilities. Oh, and the Terrigen crystals & Terrigen mist. The Inhumans are here!

interesting episode... spoilers abound...if you haven't watched then look away.....such an anti-climactic death for "Whitehall" & Tripps death was kinda tacked on as well.....I figured being a son of a Howling Commando he would get an hall pass from Death but I guess not....I figured at least Ward warranted and headshot from Skye but she did shoot him up pretty good....I can't wait for March to see what's in store for our super civil servants...too bad Mr. Hyde didn't get to hulk out completely. I also wondered what Reyna turned into as well....I don't care for her character personally...she seemed animal like during that quick change scene...maybe she's Tigra haha.....

• 10 months later...

The Simmons epi was interesting. The next epi looks intriguing. It looks and sound like to me some folks are going to die.

These one man/woman show things are usually hit or miss, but this time it made for a surprisingly solid episode. Its also worth noting that left to her own devices, without being saddled with Fitz every scene she's in, Simmons makes a much more interesting character. She definitely needs more feature time.