Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

hamsterboy

I enjoyed it, but it was nothing great. I mean there are certainly a hundred other shows on tv that are much better. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that it ties into the Marvel Universe, I don't know if I would like it at all. I do really like Clark Gregg and Colby Smolders

the rest of the team is pretty weak. I don't like how this SHIELD team is nothing at all like the comics. They are more like a rag-tag team of highschoolers..and I absolutely hated how the new girl Sky was able to hack into everything she wanted to at SHIELD and they had no clue and couldn't stop her.. and they just welcomed her right on the team without vetting her or seeing who she is.. 1, that makes SHIELD look pretty bad and not at all like the top spy agency in the world.. 2, the "discover a new person who is awesome at everything and immediately have them join the team" is WAY overdone and one of the worst cliches out there.

But what I am really afraid of, and what would definitely ruin this show, is the "newly discovered villain of the week" thing.. anybody remember all of the meteor-powered kids that kept popping up around Smallville every episode? yeah, the Extremis powered guy from the pilot episode reminded me of that. (and why did he have that thing on his forearm when the Extremis soldiers from IM3 didn't?).. anyhow, I am worried that they are just going to create a new cheesy character every week instead of having the SHIELD team actually battle established villains or threats like HYDRA, AIM, etc..

this episode reminded me more of a mix of Smallville and No Ordinary Family than the SHIELD from the movies.

The guy didn't have just Extremis. If I understood it correctly he had been injected with a hodgpodge concoction that included Gamma Radiation and Super Soldier elements. I don't know what the exact purpose of thing on the arm was, maybe something to inject the concoction in his body when he needed it.

As for the girl Sky, I somewhat agree but my feeling was that they already knew about her and had been following her for some time, therefore had basically vetted her and simply took this opportunity to recruit her. I did think the show was trying to focus to much on the tech and not enough on the characters.

The flying car scene just looked cheesy. If we ever see the Helicarrier in this show my guess is they will have to just take stock footage from the Avengers movie and incorporate it into the show for any kind of external shots of it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh by the way,they had one of those dealies on Disney Channel tonight for SHIELD like they do with the Marvel cartoons. They were talking to "Coulson",he's suppose to be the real deal he says. Of course it could be a red herring.

You know I thought the episode was kinda boring, even the ending which was funny but also kinda pointless at the same time. I do hope they pick things up and do a better job with the intrigue going forward.

Another great episode. Loved the Fury cameo!

One thing occurs to me though. Let's say that Big Sam's appearance last night wasn't just generosity, or a favor for Whedon. What if this was considered some kind of promotional appearance for the movies, sort of like when actors from a film are paid to appear on talk shows to chat up their current film. I mean even the golden-boy himself, Robert Downey Jr., once appeared in a buffer on ABC with Nathan Fillion to push Avengers. Maybe this could mean cameos by other movie characters.

That would be nice. I really enjoyed the Fury cameo.

I like the show so far... but it needs to pick up the pace a little. I'm not connecting with the characters, although I think Skye is hot. This show needs to be more Mission Imposible-ish IMO... with a hint of marvel flavor. If the stories and character development don't get better, I fear the show will flop.

I can totally see an episode where someone finds a piece of Stark Tech and causes havoc with it, like maybe a piece of Iron Man's armor... since all 42 of his suits were pretty much destroyed in IM3... there has to be a repulsor glove laying around somewhere. :) Same goes for Chitauri tech too.

I really want to see the Hulk make an appearance, at least during the season finale.

For a show about the Marvel Universe you'd think there would be , you know a Hero/Villain the viewers would actually recognize. Yes I know we presumably saw Graviton at the end and a Avengers mention but come on..... At this point I'd settle for Darkhawk, Sleepwalker or even Ben Affleck reprising his role as Dare Devil!! Affleck Shines!! Raves USA Today. :)

For a show about the Marvel Universe you'd think there would be , you know a Hero/Villain the viewers would actually recognize. Yes I know we presumably saw Graviton at the end and a Avengers mention but come on..... At this point I'd settle for Darkhawk, Sleepwalker or even Ben Affleck reprising his role as Dare Devil!! Affleck Shines!! Raves USA Today. :)

Well it wasn't presumably, that was in fact Graviton and I have no problem with them building up the suspense of a character like that. That in fact is what the show needs more of. The only problem I have with Graviton is I fear he is to powerful of a villain for this show. Graviton is a majorly powerful villain that generally requires a team like The Avengers to take him down, so I am not sure how a team of non-powered SHIELD agents could handle him? Now if we end up seeing super heroes also introduced over the course of the season which ends in a climatic season finale where the heroes unite with SHIELD to take down Graviton then that could be pretty sweet.

Perhaps the geekdom of Marvel fans alone (myself included) will be enough to keep this show alive for a few seasons. The chemistry between the characters needs to improve though... so far I'm only seeing mediocre acting from everyone except for Coulson and Skye. The character Grant isn't doing it for me. I think they should replace him with Howard the Duck, who would make a great SHIELD agent since he knows quack-fu. Melinda... may as well have Vulcan ears she's so cold.

I think most people are expecting WAY too much from this show. It's just an hour of simple entertainment... that just so happens to be based on a Marvel property. People really just want to see non stop action and explosions with no story I guess.

I think we are off to a slow start with the show... but I sense it's leading up to a big season finale. They keep finding bits and pieces of seemingly alien tech and info. Something cool is coming I think.

Another episode that was pretty much a dud. Now we are making up characters and organizations. Scorch and the Centipede. Since this organization is using Extremis I am not sure why they didn't continue the AIM angle we saw in Iron Man 3. Maybe Centipede will turn out to be an alias for something like Hydra? but they really need to get this show more grounded in the Marvel Universe. Seemed like Scorch was some kind of mutant but they all act like know one has ever heard of a mutant before.

Yea it is weird how they keep bouncing story lines around. This last episode though was the best out of the series so far, so hopefully this is the turning point on this show. It has been a bit disappointing, but I'm giving it time to develop and at this point it should be done and on to the action.