Mattel Black Freighter Club Comedian Figure missing Smiley Face????

Haffa007

Ok Im not one to really complain or nitpick about the figures I choose to spend my money on or collect, but this I had to say something about. So I subcribed to the Matty collector Watchman Black Freighter club and have been waiting patiently to get my Comedian figure. So I finally got it and when I opened it, low and behold, it was missing something crucial. Mattel couldnt even take the time to add the SMILEY FACE @grumpy@ to his pin. All you get is a Yellow Circle on his chest/shoulder. REALLY????? I just paid $35 for a figure and Mattel didnt even add his most important detail. That smiley face is the Iconic Symbol of the Watchmen itself. How could you not even think of adding this???? Ok maybe got a "mistake" of the bunch, so please if anybody else got this figure let me know. And if you are in my boat, just a hint, a fine tip black sharpy is all you need to fix this pathetic mistake from Mattel. Thanks!

I read a review somewhere that Mattel didn't want to hassle w/the guy who owns the copyrights to the smiley face.....look at the SDCC Skyfire & Hound set, that's still stuck in litigation so I think they may have a point in avoiding it & just having collectors draw it on themselves.....

I guess I can see that as a point, but I know that the DC Direct Movie versions have the face and I didnt hear any legal issues with that.

I read a review somewhere that Mattel didn't want to hassle w/the guy who owns the copyrights to the smiley face.....look at the SDCC Skyfire & Hound set, that's still stuck in litigation so I think they may have a point in avoiding it & just having collectors draw it on themselves.....

I read the review, which explains the lack of the face here: http://www.mwctoys.c...IEW_092013a.htm

Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why they didn't include that. I thought that mattel just got cheap on us. Although, i'm not a fan of the sculpted guns on his sides. It would have been nice to make the guns removable.